APOCALYPSE cards

D

Daggertooth

Cateran Emperor please say your not joking.

Although I do find that hard to believe. After all it is banned in Extended. I don't think they would explicitly print a card that is not usable in a format. Sure you might get cards that imply unuseable, but not directly.

Daggertooth

C

Cateran Emperor

I'm not joking. It has been stated by WotC several times that Dark Ritual would remain in standard, but only in every second core expansion. That would be Odyssey.

Another point of note, black gets another badly needed boost with the reprinting of our good friend, Diabolic Edict.

S

Salacious Crumb

Cromat is cool...
Vindicate is horribly broken and overpowered...

hoipa

C

Chaos Turtle

I vaguely recall an article where one of those Donais boys (I think) said that there were certain cards that would never leave Standard. Disenchant, Counterspell, and Dark Ritual were among them.

This was before Ritual was banned in Extended, though... so, who knows?

I've heard nothing myself regarding Diabolic Edict, but god I hope so.

A

Aginor

Spectral Lynx: Good card. Replacement for river boa? I hope W/B is well-supported in apoc.
Suppress:Orim's chant is better. I don't think this card will see much play.
Goblin ringleader: Another good card for my goblin deck.
Savage gorilla: difficult to play because of his three-color activasion cost.
Lightning Angel: Wow, a card that is worth to have a three-color casting cost.
Last Stand: Not that good but a worthfull adition to my domain deck.
Legacy weapen: This card is fun.:D Won't see play outside a domain deck. But when you get it's activasion cost going it's very powerful.
Quagmire druid:Rather use tranquilety in B/G.
Dragon arch:Very powerful in limeted. Might see construction play.
Phyrexian arena: Remember howling mine? This card is better.
Guided passage:I my god, I have only one creature in my library. What a coincidence. :D
Wild research: to risky, you can lose the tutored card.
Vindicate: If it was an instant it was broken, now it's just very good.
Cromat: Where is my domain deck,again? :)
Caves of Koilos and the other opposed color lands: Directly better then it's Tempest cousins. Mayby opposed color cards will see play with Apoc.
Suffocating Blast: I stll have the felling it costs 1 to much
Mystic snake: Very interesting and combo-abusive card.

L

Lotus Mox

Here it is:

Squee's Revenge
1UR
Sorcery
Choose a number. Flip a coin that many times or until you lose a flip, whichever comes first. If you win all the flips, draw two cards for each flip.

And I thought Mana Clash was bad, This card could've been semi-decent if you wouldn't have to choose the number beforehand.
But even then you would get 2 cards on average. As it is printed you get 1 card per Squee's Revenge on average (if you're smart and choose 1 or 2 flips :) )

L

Lotus Mox

Here are the new Guildmages:

Ana Disciple
G
Creature - Wizard
1/1
<U, T>: Target creature gains flying until end of turn.
<B, T>: Target creature gets -2/-0 until end of turn.

Ceta Disciple
U
Creature - Wizard
1/1
<R, T>: Target creature gets +2/+0 until end of turn.
<G, T>: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.

Dega Disciple
W
Creature - Wizard
1/1
<B, T>: Target creature gets -2/-0 until end of turn.
<R, T>: Target creature gets +2/+0 until end of turn.

Necra Disciple
B
Creature - Wizard
1/1
<G, T>: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.
<W, T>: Prevent the next one damage that would be dealt to target creature or player this turn.

Raka Disciple
R
Creature - Wizard
1/1
<W, T>: Prevent the next 1 damage that would dealt to target creature or player this turn.
<U, T>: Target creature gains flying until end of turn.

The discipiles are quite good too, the Blue ablilty will rule limited, and the red and black abilities are pretty good too.

The lego-creatures: (Volvers)

Anavolver
3G
Creature - Volver
Kicker <1U> and/or <B>
If you paid the <1U> kicker cost, Anavolver comes into play with two +1/+1 counters on it and has flying.
If you paid the <B> kicker cost, Anavolver comes into play with a +1/+1 counter on it and has, "Pay 3 life: Regenerate Anavolver."

Cetavolver
1U
Creature - Volver
1/1
Kicker <1R> and/or <G>
If you paid the <1R> kicker cost, Cetavolver comes into play with two +1/+1 counters on it and has first strike.
If you paid the <G> kicker cost, Cetavolver comes into play with a +1/+1 counter on it and has trample.

Degavolver
1W
Creature - Volver
1/1
Kicker <1B> and/or <R>
If you paid the <1B> kicker cost, Degavolver comes into play with two +1/+1 counters on it and has, "Pay 3 life: Regenerate Degavolver."
If you paid the <R> kicker cost, Degavolver comes into play with a +1/+1 counter on it and has first strike.

Necravolver
2B
Creature - Volver
2/2
Kicker <1G> and/or <W>
If you paid the <1G> kicker cost, Necravolver comes into play with two +1/+1 counters on it and has trample.
If you paid the <W> kicker cost, Necravolver comes into play with a +1/+1 counter on it and has "Whenever Necravolver deals damage, you gain that much life."

Rakavolover
2R
Creature - Volver
2/2
Kicker <1W> and/or <U>
If you paid the <1W> kicker cost, Rakavolver comes into play with two +1/+1 counters on it and has, "Whenever Rakavolver deals damage, you gain that much life."
If you paid the <U> kicker cost, Rakavolver comes into play with a +1/+1 counter on it and has flying.

I especially like the 2UR 3/3 flying Volver, and the 2B Volver with a built in cloak :) (I hope they are uncommon like the Battlemages)

L

Lotus Mox

Order/Chaos
3W/2R
Instant/Instant
Order=Remove target attacking creature from the game.
Chaos=Creatures can't block this turn.

Fire/Ice
1R/1U
Instant/Instant
Fire=Fire deals 2 damage divided as you choose among any number of target creatures and/or players.
Ice=Tap target permanent. ; Draw a card.

Illusion/Reality
U/2G
Instant/Instant
Illusion=Target spell or permanent becomes the color of your choice until end of turn.
Reality=Destroy target artifact.

Life/Death
G/1B
Sorcery/Sorcery
Life=Until end of turn, all lands you control are 1/1 creatures that are still lands.
Death=Return target creature card from your graveyard to play. You lose life equal to its converted mana cost.

Night/Day
B/2W
Instant/Instant
Night=Target creature gets -1/-1 until end of turn.
Day=Creatures target player controls gets +1/+1 until end of turn.

Ana Sanctuary
2G
Enchantment
At the beginning of your upkeep, if you control a blue or black permanent, target creature gets +1/+1 until end of turn. If you control a blue permanent and a black permanent, that creature gets +5/+5 until end of turn instead.

Ceta Sanctuary
2U
Enchantment
At the beginning of your upkeep, if you control a red or green permanent, draw a card then discard a card from your hand. If you control permanent and a green permanent, instead draw two cards, then discard a card from your hand.

Dega Sanctuary
2W
Enchantment
At the beginning of your upkeep, if you control a black or red permanent, you gain 2 life. If you control a black permanent and a red permanent, you gain 4 life instead.

Necra Sanctuary
2B
Enchantment
At the beginning of your upkeep, if you control a green or white permanent, target player loses 1 life. If you control a green permanent and a white permanent, that player loses 3 life instead.

Raka Sanctuary
2R
Enchantment
At the beginning of your upkeep, if you control a white or blue permanent, Raka Sanctuary deals 1 damage to target creature. If you control a white permanent and a blue permanent, Raka Sanctuary deals 3 damage to that creature instead.

L

Lotus Mox

It looks like the Ana/Dega/Necra/Raka/Ceta - prefixes replace the scapes for those card with opposing color abilities/kickers/requirements..

E

ErinPuff

The Sanctuaries look fun.. I especially like the green one.. but it would sure blow if you had that out, but no creatures.. ;)

I

Istanbul

Raka Sanctuary could be especially problematic if your opponent has no creatures in play.

Flametongue dilemma, anyone?

S

superguy

Yeah, creatureless decks (or opponent with no ceratures in play) may be a problem, but I'm guessing all of the sanctuaries will be spectacular in limited.