APOCALYPSE cards

C

Cateran Emperor

That's it, I'm just going to let LMox relay these. I've sadly got too many other things to do rather than be online. Kudos to fellow MTGnews mods Rancored Elf and Shade, if they should see this. And of course to our beloved giver of information, pwrchild.

And I want Foily Fungi ;)

L

Lotus Mox

Consume Strength
1BG
Instant
Target creature gets +2/+2 until end of turn. Another target creature gets -2/-2 until end of turn.

rocks in Limited!

I have too much free time :eek:

D

Duel

snuff-o-derm is back? I hope so! With a powder-keg plus and a couple nice unseen cards, we may have a chance. Though without a derm (thank god!)

L

Lotus Mox

Bloodfire Kavu
2RR
Creature - Kavu
2/2
<R>, Sacrifice Bloodfire Kavu: Bloodfire Kavu deals 2 damage to each creature.

Kavu Glider
2R
Creature - Kavu
2/1
<W>: Kavu Glider gets +0/+1 until end of turn.
<U>: Kavu Glider gains flying until end of turn.

Tundra Kavu
2R
Creature - Kavu
2/2
<T>: Target land becomes a plains or an island until end of turn.

Kavu Howler
4GG
Creature - Kavu
4/5
When Kavu Howler comes into play, reveal the top four cards of your library. Put all Kavu cards revealed this way into your hand and the rest on the bottom of your library.

Kavu Mauler
4GG
Creature - Kavu
4/4
Trample
Whenever Kavu Mauler attacks, it gets +1/+1 until end of turn for each other attacking Kavu.

Penumbra Kavu
4G
Creature - Kavu
3/3
When Penumbra Kavu is put into a graveyard from play, put a 3/3 black Kavu creature token into play.

D

Duel

Wow. 3 sets of kavu have produced 3 playable Kavus.... that's mildly depressing.

L

Lotus Mox

The official Apocalypse Home Page is up.

and a Lord for everyone:

Brass Herald
Artifact Creature - Golem
2/2
As Brass Herald comes into play, choose a creature type.
When Brass Herald comes into play, reveal the top four cards of your library. Put all creature cards of the chosen type revealed this way into your hand and the rest on the bottom of your library.
Creatures of the chosen type get +1/+1.

L

Lotus Mox

Enlistment Officer
3W
Creature - Soldier
2/3
First strike
When Enlistment Officer comes into play, reveal the top four cards of your library. Put all Soldier cards revealed this way into your hand and the rest on the bottom of your library.

Tidal Courier
3U
Creature - Merfolk
1/2
When Tidal Courier comes into play, reveal the top four cards of your library. Put all merfolk cards revealed this way into your hand and the rest on the bottom of the library.
<3U>: Tidal Courier gains flying until end of turn.

Grave Defiler
3B
Creature - Zombie
2/1
When Grave Defiler comes into play, reveal the top four cards of your library. Put all Zombie cards revealed this way into your hand and the rest on the bottom of your library.
<1B>: Regenerate Grave Defiler.

Goblin Ringleader
3R
Creature - Goblin
2/2
Haste
When Goblin Ringleader comes into play, reveal the top four cards of your library. Put all goblin cards revealed this way into your hand and the rest on the bottom of your library.

Kavu Howler
4GG
Creature - Kavu
4/5
When Kavu Howler comes into play, reveal the top four cards of your library. Put all Kavu cards revealed this way into your hand and the rest on the bottom of your library.

Sylvan Messenger
3G
Creature - Elf
2/2
Trample
When Sylvan Messenger comes into play, reveal the top four cards of your library. Put all Elf cards revealed this way into your hand and the rest on the bottom of your library in any order.

Note that Goblin Ringleader was previously rumored to cost 2R, which would've made him directly suprior to Goblin Chariot.
With Enlistment Officer one could think that Soldiers might get a Lord soon.

A

arhar

Check out the Art Previews on Apocalypse official website! It has art + flavor text, and some really surprising things are revealed ALREADY.

Z

Zadok001

WTF??? For four mana, you get a 2/3 First Striker, plus the recruitment in White. In Green, for the same cost, you get a 2/2 trampler? Riiiight... Whatever. What's up with THAT? Or how 'bout Blue? A 1/2 guy that gets Flying if you pay FOUR more mana??? This is balanced?!?

White: Color of weenies and First Stike. Get's the biggest creature in the cycle for that cost, and First Stike for free.

Blue: Color of big fliers and small non-fliers. Get's the smallest creature with the ability to get flying - for FOUR MANA?

This can't be right! And Green gets a smaller creature than white with a less useful ability? WTF is with THAT series? Explanation, anyone? Please?

F

FoundationOfRancor

How many soliders are there compared to elves and merfolk?

I agree with you, there weak.

L

Lotus Mox

There are 40 Soldiers in current Type 2 (23 of them white), but only 17 Elves, 16 Merfolk, 21 Goblins and 16 Zombies.
There are also 32 Kavus in IBC.
All numbers w/o Apocalypse

D

Duel

Yeah, that seems wrong. even with elves being the more famous group. Green seems fairly screwed from those cards. BTW, soldiers include:
Longbow Archers
Veteran Brawlers
Intrepid Hero
Benalish Heralds
All the Keldons, more or less
Mine Bearer
Seasoned Marshall
Saprazzan Legate (Blue)
Serpent Warrior (Black)
Llanowar Cavalry (green)

I

Istanbul

I.
Want.
My.
Knight.
Recruiter.

NOW.

And not some stupid six-mana 2/2 creature. *muttergrumble*

Stupid frikkin' soldiers. Knights RULE over soldiers. Rule. Simply, flat-out rule. Give them a spanking and send them home to daddy.

*pissmoanrant*

Oh well.

A

arhar

No frickin' way!!!!! My multiplayer Soldiers deck has won me a lot of good cards in ante :) And now I will definetely rebuild it with a recruiter.

Kjeldoran Outpost
Icatian Lieutenant
Metathran Elite
Enlistment Officer
Intrepid Hero
Coat of Arms

Ah, memories...

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I have just read this entire thread an have noted each card. And the reaction I have for this set is this:

Wow. This actually looks like a really good set. I am particularly looking forward to Mystic Snake and the Volvers. Hee-hee.

Ransac, cpa trash man

F

FoundationOfRancor

I had no idea soliders where so...numerous! I dont get it; if theres that many, why hasnt Wizards capitlized on it?

S

superguy

Symbiotic Deployment (rare)
2G
Enchantment
Skip your draw step.
<1>, Tap two untapped creatures you control: Draw a card.
'You know your orders, I know your hearts. Now the Stronghold will know defeat.' - Eladamri

I don't think this was posted here yet...

A

arhar

Originally posted by superguy
Symbiotic Deployment (rare)
2G
Enchantment
Skip your draw step.
<1>, Tap two untapped creatures you control: Draw a card.
'You know your orders, I know your hearts. Now the Stronghold will know defeat.' - Eladamri

I don't think this was posted here yet...

THIS IS INSANE!!!