APOCALYPSE cards

M

Mikeymike

After reading the spoiler I've picked out the following gems I look forward to playing with in casual/multiplayer games:

Death Grasp Rare Sorcery XWB
Death Grasp deals X damage to target creature or player. You gain X life.
Yawgmoth's greatest joy came from watching one hero defeat another.
Man, this thing is going to wreak havoc in MP. Supplement the '1' with 'W' in Drain Life and remove its limitations and you've got yourself one beefy ass card. A new addition to the 'Break Black Market' thread.

Divine Light Common Sorcery W
Prevent all damage that would be dealt this turn to creatures you control.
Easy combo with Red mass damage and Pestilenci, but I'd pay another 2 to make it an instant. Could be nice with Serra's Blessing too using it pre-combat, but that's a stretch

Ebony Treefolk Uncommon Creature - Treefolk 1BG 3/3
BG: Ebony Treefolk gets +1/+1 until end of turn.
Nice, solid creature that can be abused rather nicely in the right deck.

False Dawn Rare Sorcery 1W
Colored mana symbols on all permanents you control and on all cards you own that aren't in play become W until end of turn. ; Draw a card.
I always liked Celestial Dawn, and now its a cheaper cantrip that can actually be extremely powerful in this environment. I'd be surprised if this card doesn't become abused/broken.

Flowstone Charger Uncommon Creature - Beast 2RW 2/5
Whenever Flowstone Charger attacks, it gets +3/-3 until end of turn.
Another solid creature, would work great in my Knighthood deck (that needs as much help as it can get.)

Gerrard's Verdict Uncommon Sorcery WB
Target player discards two cards from his or her hand. You gain 3 life for each land card discarded this way.
Great, another unbelievable discard spell. This thing is going to house in any game its played in.

Goblin Trenches Rare Enchantment 1RW
2, Sacrifice a land: Put two 1/1 red and white Goblin Soldier creature tokens into play.
Aha, now this thing can be fun with Land Tax and/or Planar Birth, Groundskeeper...I love tokens!

Ice Cave Rare Enchantment 3UU
Whenever a player plays a spell, any other player may pay that spell's mana cost. If a player does, counter the spell.
New additions to the multiplayer banned cards: Ice Cave

Powerstone Minefield Rare Enchantment 2RW
Whenever a creature attacks or blocks, Powerstone Minefield deals 2 damage to it.
This is a cool card, RW control is looking better and better.

Prophetic Bolt Rare Instant 3UR
Prophetic Bolt deals 4 damage to target creature or player. Look at the top 4 cards of your library. Put one of those cards into your hand and the rest on the bottom of your library
3R for the Lightning Blast, U for the Impulse. Overpowered, just the way I like it.

Quicksilver Dagger Commom Enchant Creature 1UR
Enchanted creature has, "T: This creature deals 1 damage to target player. You draw a card."
Can't help but like overpowered creature enchantments that are commons (aka Armadillo cloak). Quirion Ranger has a new friend

Spiritmonger Rare Creature - Beast 3BG 6/6
Whenever Spirit Monger deals damage to a creature, put a +1/+1 counter on Spirit Monger
B: Regenerate Spirit Monger.
G: Spirit Monger becomes the color of your choice until end of turn.
Do I need to explain why I like this guy? Didn't think so

Squee's Embrace Common Enchant Creature RW
Enchanted creature gets +2/+2. ; When enchanted creature is put into a graveyard, return that creature to its owner's hand.
A fun card to play on cheap CiP creatures and saccables

Temporal Spring Common Sorcery 1GU
Put target permanent on top of its owner's library.
Where the card ends up is the reason this is a sorcery. Solid removal for 2 colors which are poor at it.

Unnatural Selection Rare Enchantment 1U
1: Choose a creature type other than Wall. Target creature's type becomes that type until end of turn.
I'm not sure why I like this card, but I will like this card down the road. Nasty with the Coastal Drake in limited

Urborg Uprising Common Sorcery 4B
Return up to two target creature cards from your graveyard to your hand. ; Draw a card.
Simple card advantage, solid and definitely playable

Vodalian Mystic Uncommon Creature - Merfolk 1U 1/1
T: Target instant or sorcery spell becomes the color of your choice.
This thing will be SO useful in MP games. Mother of Runes, you suck

Yavimaya's Embrace Rare Enchant Creature 5GUU
You control enchanted creature. ; Enchanted creature gets +2/+2 and has trample.
No, you will never see this thing in constructed play. Now this is a cool control magic, very dangerous at 8 mana though

All in all, this is a strong set. Casual players all over the world will rejoice when they see this spoiler, and it will spawn many different viable Type 2 decks.

D

Duel

I dunno... I've seen some scary cards.... Dave showed me a saporling something or other
2G
Enchantment
Skip your draw phase
1, tap two untapped creatures you control: Draw a card