APOCALYPSE cards

C

Cateran Emperor

From over on the Mtgnews message boards, it seems our old friend pwrchild has finally returned! And she brought presents!

Vindicate
1WB
Sorcery
Destroy target permanent.

Goblin Legionnare
RW
Creature - Goblin; 2/2
R, Sacrifice Goblin Legionnaire: Goblin Legionnaire deals 2 damage to target creature or player.
W, Sacrifice Goblin Legionnaire: Prevent the next two damage that would be dealt to target creature or player this turn.

Night/Day
B / 2W
Instant
Night = Target creature gets -1/-1 until end of turn.
Day = Creatures Target player controls get +1/+1 until end of turn.

As yet unrevealed:
Order/Chaos
Life/Death
Fire/Ice
Illusion/Reality

Cromat
WUBRG
Creature - Legend
5/5
WB: Destroy target creature blocking or blocked by Cromat.
UR: Cromat gains flying until end of turn.
BG: Regenerate Cromat
RW: Cromat gets +1/+1 until end of turn.
GU: Put Cromat on top of its owner's library.

Caves of Koilos
Land
T: Add one colorless mana to your mana pool.
T: Add W or B to your mana pool. Cave of Koilos deals 1 damage to you

Minotaur Illusionist
3UR
Creature - Minotaur; 3/4
1U: Minotaur Illusionist can't be the target of spells or abilities this turn.
R, Sacrifice Minotaur Illusionist: Minotaur Illusionist deals damage equal to its power to target creature.

Hopefully there will be more in the future.

Additionally, some interesting info that I found in Inquest:

The Apocalypse Pre-Release card will be in Sanskrit.

A

arhar

Great cards!

Vindicate is SICK.

Can't wait for the new set - hopefully this info is reliable.

Z

Zadok001

Vindicate... Is... Insane... Of course, it leaves room for regeneration, is a sorcery, and costs one more than Terminate - But DEAR GOD IS THAT THING ISANE OR WHAT?!?!?! Remember the comments on Recoil being a three mana Desert Twister under the right circumstances? That was considered really, REALLY strong. This IS a three mana Desert Twister. Good... Friggin'... Lord!

Goblin Legionnare is an unbelievably superior Shock Troops. Possibly better than Mogg Fanatic in THIS environment. It's a standard Bear, with the added powers to make it stunningly good on defense or offense without question. Boom. Me like.

Night/Day is unimpressive. Neither effect is very strong, and they're not very good in conjunction. It's hard to think of a deck that would feel the need for both.

Cromat is the kill card of choice for 5 color decks, without a question. Five mana for a 5/5 with 5 abilities, very reminiscent of Morphling, but sans the untargetable skill that was so important. Awesome.

The Caves are VERY good - In fact, they're painlands! Perfect copies! I'm shocked WotC would print something like that, and it makes me doubt the realisticness of the spoiler. Unlikely, IMHO.

Minotaur Illusionist is expensive, but very powerful, always going 1 for 1, and often better thanks to removal attempts.

M

mogg bomber

Ok, Apocalypse is looking very, very promising.

Vindicate- As if Terminate wasn't good enough, this is amazing. It's a Desert Twister for half the cost!

Goblin Legionnare- Well, it's pretty good, but how many red/white decks are we going to see?

Night/Day, Order/Chaos, Life/Death, Fire/Ice, Illusion/Reality - I'm just glad to see split cards are in. I'm guessing from the names that these are all non allied colors.

Caves of Koilos- Now this makes me more excited for Apocalypse than any of the others. Finally WotC prints non allied color pain lands with no drawback. This explains why the Tempest pain lands weren't in 7th.

S

Sammy Dead-O

...the non-allied painlands do seem a little too good...but I'd welcome them if they're real. As for the cards as a whole...I think I like 'em all. Goblin Legionnare (shouldn't that be Legionnaire?) is dang cool! A R/W bear with cool abilities...and it's a goblin...I couldn't ask for more. Is it possible that it's part of a cycle of non-allied bears? ...maybe with dual creature types?

I posted this about a week ago on the Apocalypse art thread: "Dual creature types are really fun, for some reason. Just imagine the cool critters that could be made for Goblin Cleric, Elf Horror, or Minotaur Zombie."

Could it be?

M

Mr_Pestilence

I hope Vindicate is real. I LOVE B/W decks, but without gold cards and duals lands, the synergy and efficiency just hasn't been there.

Unfortunaftely, I think it would work best in an existing B/U/W deck featuring Dromar, Nether Spirit, and a whole lotta counterspells.

T

terzarima

Man, this is the day I was waiting for. W and B cards, together *sniff... brings a tear to my eye. And what's more? A card that produces W and B mana (without having to sack itself..) oh happy day!!!

I'm gald WOTC is using opposing colours now, it opens brand new deck ideas up.

T

TeamRegime.com

Cromat....dude is HUGE..But I agree with them nixing the Morphling effect of untargetable. Except he sorta is with the put him on top of your deck deal...

I, too LOVE BW decks, which was workable 3 years ago..but as of late- non exsistent except in the form of splashable colours.

Vinidcate-- sounds too goo to be true...now if someone could just figure a way to recycle the card...to play over and over again...combolicious.

WOW Im actually getting excited...my lil ol head is filling up with ideas.

Nicholas Knight
www.teamregime.com

H

Hetemti

Damnit! I don't want any stinking goblins in my deck! Give me a R/W dragon!

A

arhar

Lol! You knew that if there was one complaint in this thread, it'd come from Hetemti ;)

D

Dead

"Apocalypse Previews - Brian Kibler and Dave Price talk about Vindicate and Goblin Legionnaire. "

From Sideboard 35, being advertised on, of course, sideboard online. So that confirms their existence at least...

D

Darth Dunk

Damn Straight Hetemti! Little unsure about white dragons tho'. Eh. Red Dragon!

S

superguy

Jeesus, if these are real.... well, I'm bursting with excitement, and all kinds of feelings. Yay! I LOVE opposing colors' decks... If Apocalypse brings them... Well, I'm buying!

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Cave of Kolios and the other lands like it will seriously bring down the worth of the Tempest pain lands.

Ransac, cpa trash man

I

Istanbul

Originally posted by mogg bomber
Night/Day, Order/Chaos, Life/Death, Fire/Ice, Illusion/Reality - I'm just glad to see split cards are in. I'm guessing from the names that these are all non allied colors.
Night/Day - W/B
Order/Chaos - W/R
Life/Death - G/B
Fire/Ice - U/R
Illusion/Reality - G/U

I

Istanbul

Vindicate is interesting, but it'll have to go into the right deck. Hmmmm. Crypt Rats / COP Black....hmmmm...
Goblin Legionnaire is a nice Bear that pushes through 2 extra damage if/when it becomes useless.
Night/Day is, unfortunately, only tolerable. Night is horrible. Day is...mediocre.
Cromat is a strong domain finisher because of the GU ability...essentially turns it into a Blinking Spirit witha huge bag of tricks. Me likie.
Off-color painlands? I believe it. About time, too. The off-color ones shouldn't be worse than the alliedones...the off-color dual lands were no worse than the allied duals.
Minotaur Illusionist is NIIIICE. 6/4 if you're willing to blow him up, and untargetability means that your opponent has to catch you with your pants down to kill him in most other ways. Draft this guy if you see him!

H

Hetemti

There are white dragons. Alabaster, Pearled, and Exalted. Though a decent R/W Viashino would be good enough for me...I guess...

M

Mundungu

I found those on a German Site ( www.dominaria.de )
unconfirmed thought
-------------------
Devout Monk, W, Creature - Cleric 1/1
Reveal a white card in your hand: Devout Monk gains protection from black and from red until end of turn.

Laughing Ennivet, 2W, Creature - Spirit 2/2
Remove a green card in your graveyard from the game: Regenerate Laughing Ennivet.

Samite Conscripts, 2W, Creature - Soldier 2/2
Prevent all noncombat damage that would be dealt to Samite Conscripts.

Saproling Erosion, 1GR, Sorcery
Destroy target land. Put a 1/1 green Saproling creature token into play for each color of mana that land could produce.

Sheltering Shroud, W, Enchantment
0: Prevent the next point of damage that a source of your choice would deal to you this turn. Play this ability only once each turn.

Stalwart Kavu, 4G, Creature - Kavu 3/3
If you control a white creature, attacking doesn't cause ~ to tap.
If you control a red creature, ~ has first strike.

Wreathbearer, RG, Creature - Druid 2/2
When Wreathbearer leaves play, each player may draw a card.

Uncommons

Carefree Dance, 2WW, Instant
Prevent all damage that would be dealt to target creature this turn.
Draw a card.

Mangrove Paladin, 3G, Creature - Treefolk 4/4
Mangrove Paladin can't attack if defending player controls a swamp.

Shivan Thunder, 5R, Instant
Shivan Thunder deals 4 damage to target creature or player.
Draw a card.

Tinder Drake, 3R, Creature - Drake 0/2
Flying
Tinder Drake gets +1/+0 for each forest you control.

Rares

Archaeomore, 3GW, Creature - Spirit 2/4
Flying
At the beginning of your upkeep, you gain 3 life.

Burnished Automaton, 3, Artifact Creature 1/1
Burnished Automaton gets +X/+X, where X is the number of colors among creatures you control.

F

FoundationOfRancor

We conluded that those bunch of cards were fake Mundungu, as Devout Monk is already a card.

S

Sammy Dead-O

There's already a Starter card called Devout Monk. W, 1/1, gain 1 life when it comes into play. I like the one listed above, though. Clerics are fun.