9th Edition voting by the users

N

Notepad

Yeah, registering for their service isn't worth it to vote in You Choose the Chaff. Not worth it at all. As long as angels and dragons outshine other cards, the stupid people with limited mentalities will flood the voting booth for them.

To rewind on my previous post, I was lukewarm to Rathi Dragon's winning, but hated how Dawn Elemental lost to Blinding Angel. Hell, they could put Morphling vs. Voice of Reason and the crappy angel would still win. Furnace Whelp vs. Ball Lightning? Yeah, dragon wins. Thanks, retards!

I

Istanbul

(Actually, I'd rather have Voice of Reason and Furnace Whelp, 'cause Morphling and Ball Lightning...ESPECIALLY Morphling...have no place in the basic set, IMHO.)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
WotC should have no place in the game, in my opinion...

Unfortunately my opinion isn't going to change anything there...

...or is it? ;)

I

Istanbul

I've actually had a deck where I've been forced to replace Addle with Blackmail to keep it Standard-legal. And, having played both, I can honestly say that Addle is almost always better. Vote for Addle!

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I had never seen either of these cards before until now. I was trying to figure out which was was less bad...

But I realized that it doesn't matter. No one would use either one of these cards...

So I'm going to pretend that the contest is between Windfall and Frantic Search... :p

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, actually, this is the first time where the cards seem to be "sub-par". I would go with Animal Magnetism though, just to deny my opponent the symmetry of Weird Harvest.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Since you seem to be not so hyped about the whole symmetrical effect thing, is your choice Frantic Search? ;)

N

Notepad

VOTE HARVEST!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Animal Magnetism is a horrid card. Flat out. At least Wierd Harvest is usable in Emperor games, which is why it is actually valuable in MTGO. Trust the MTGO casual junkies, of the two, its the only one keeping a playset of, even if it is only for Emperor games.

I am very sad Blackmail won. It will always get a card from the opponent's hand, but that guarantee is nothing compared to the power of the slightly more risky, but actually good Addle. Man, that sucks.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
It's really comparing crap to guano here. But I guess that Magnetism is the worse card overall... :rolleyes:

D

Doombringer

I like weird harvest. The way I see it, you only search for one or two cards from your big creature deck or combo deck and they only search for 1 or 2 cards from their white weenie deck. You get your two best cards and they get their only two 3/3s. It could happen!

C

Chaos Turtle

I just don't understand Blackmail over Addle. Anyone here vote for Blackmail who'd care to explain their reasoning? Surely it wasn't just the one black mana?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
The only reason I could come up with is thinking that maybe weakening the power level of that type of card in the core set will leave room for printing stronger cards in expansions...

Blackmail is a truly inferior card, I would say. Although it doesn't matter to me. I'd rather have Cabal Therapy...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Beats me 'cause I didn't vote.

Maybe Wizards should put a little text box in the vote asking for one's reasoning behind the vote...

O

orgg

These votes, as Babycakes and Crucible show, are driven by the mass of Magic players... and many of them are very Timmy, or havn't been playing very long.

That's one reason I am actually supprised that Shard Phoenix won. That's the first 'non-timmy' card that's won a vote this time.