9th Edition voting by the users

I

Istanbul

I voted for Persuasion.
Why?
Do you remember the voting for 8th Edition? Do you remember what Rewind beat out?
Dismiss.
It is my profound hope that if Persuasion is in, those two uncommons being out means that another four-mana hard counter will come in, and that Dismiss will be it. As for the replacement for Confiscate, I'd sooooooo dig Soothsaying...:D

N

Notepad

Originally posted by Istanbul
I voted for Persuasion.
Why?
Do you remember the voting for 8th Edition? Do you remember what Rewind beat out?
Dismiss.
It is my profound hope that if Persuasion is in, those two uncommons being out means that another four-mana hard counter will come in, and that Dismiss will be it. As for the replacement for Confiscate, I'd sooooooo dig Soothsaying...:D

You know what, Isty, I think you're right.

The vote really is Dismiss and Persuasion vs. Confiscate and Rewind.

That is the most likely counterspell they'd add in. Because really, they have to add in a counterspell. One slot cannot replace two slots. There's something hidden going on the background.

And why would they shadow the vote like this? Well, last time they had a famous 2 vs. 2, it boiled down to Mana Birds vs. Elves. Simple as that. They don't want us to know that this time around, we're really voting Rewind vs. Dismiss once again.

How lame of them.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I don't use Control Magic. I don't even use Treachery. There's no reason for a card like Persuasion...

Not that Dismiss or Rewind are great either, but they're more playable...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Cool that Rathi won...

I don't care between Adept and Time Elemental really, but what was so wrong with the Destiny artwork on Adept?

I

Izaryo

if the old man pic goes to 9th spirit link, i'm going to visit the wizards office...

with my friend mr katana....

O

orgg

If the card voteoff doesn't matter, pick Tme Elemental. Magic Online wants it, even if nobody else does.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Temporal Adept won.

Not sure if there was a break in voting, but when I went this morning there was only the next week up (I was thinking I should have missed a week due to my vacation). So not sure if this is closing real fast and WOTC just hasn't updated their vote or not, but the vote after Temporal Adept is:

Viashino Cutthroat vs Visahino Sandstalker

Also Zur's Weirding sketches and flavor text for Shock, Fear, and Naturalize.

C

Chaos Turtle

PLEASE please please please please vote for 1Shard Phoenix!

PLEASE!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I think it was the Pheonix as once you controlled the board, you could get it out of the graveyard and cast it for constant damage, as opposed to the Hammer which you needed to cast over and over again to win (although I guess technically both "work" with Forbid).

O

orgg

Phoenix, PLEASE! If only for MOL!

It's the better card, and should be quite interesting if it goes in the 9e red Precon. I hope so...

N

Notepad

Haven't voted once in this stupid sharade of an election WotC is holding. I've actually been happy with every choice, except the winning of Adept over Elemental. That, and the cooler of the Spirit Link art LOST! :eek: I figured the red-haired woman with the huge knockers woulda won that vote on the basis of those two components alone. Alas...she failed, and her awesome little psycho rodent will not grace Spirit Link.

My vote wouldn't've counted anyway. Stupid WotC.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I actually haven't voted because I'm not registered (anymore) and I don't want the bother of registering and remembering another password just for this... :)