2006 CPA Notable Awards!

T

train

Congrats limilted!!!...

And I like the way werewolf is run - but I have to vote the D&D game spidey is running... yeah - voting is closed - but it needs mention...

H

HOUTS

"And this year award for 'Most Hated' goes to: HOUTS!"

*Grabs award and scampers away while flipping middle finger*

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"The next three awards all kinda go together, as they describe "deck type" people.

This year's Combo Freak goes to Oversoul, who takes over from Gizmo from last year.

The Beatdown Guy award goes to three people: Homestar, Mooseman, and Ransac, all taking over from Istanbul from last year.

And Killer Joe remains in control of the Control Nut award this year, but this time sharing it with BigBlue.

Congrats!"

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.......... another award...... makes five....... my trend of 3 awards...... is decimated.....

*Ransac is still on his lazy butt and hasn't sent questions out in forever..... that slacker.*

Ransac, cpa trash man

T

train

Congrats everyone!

Poor Ransac...

Next year you will have to live up to this standard... and hopefully you will fall short... that way , if you get 3 again and again and again.... you could explain it as a fluke - that the voting shouldn't have been done with punch cards...

Those dang hanging chads!...

Killer Joe

I would just like to thank all the little counter spells out there and Islands for this wonderful award! Congrats to my co-awardee, too Big Blue!

And thanks for the "Oldie" title!

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I'd like to thank my Dark Rituals and of course my Tendrils of Agony, and also my Yawgmoth's Bargains, Necropotences, Dream Halls, Mind's Desires, Fastbonds, Wheel of Fortunes, Yawgmoth's Wills, Brainstorms, Intuitions, Academy Rectors, Tolarian Academies, Tinkers, Memory Jars, Windfalls, Frantic Searches, Palinchrons, Fluctuators, High Tides, Bubbling Mucks, Zur's Weirdings, Sliver Queens, Worldgorger Dragons, Hermit Druids, Brain Freezes, Buried Alives, Cabal Therapies, Duresses, Force of Wills, Xantid Swarms, Lion's Eye Diamonds, Sol Rings, Mana Vaults, Accumulated Knowledges, Donates, Cadaverous Blooms, Goblin Charbelchers, Food Chains, Squandered Resources, Braingeysers, Drain Lifes, Mind over Matters, Megrims, Goblin Welders, Elvish Spirit Guides, Enduring Renewals, Earthcrafts, Pandemoniums, Replenishes, Skirge Familiars, Ashnod's Altars, Kaervek's Torches, Zuran Orbs, Lotus Petals...

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Congradulations to my co-winners.
I won part of an award...... the first is always the most memorable.......
:)

N

Nightstalkers

About time you commented on your award, Oversoul.

This contest was in no way influenced by Nightstalkers Inc. or it's affiliates. All premonitions are subject to change. By reading this you forget any knowledge about

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"Well, there wasn't a clear-cut winner for Best Entrance, just a lot of single nominees, and I think people forgot about this one despite the reminder, so we may scrap it next year.

Last, but not least, this year's CPA King is once again myself! Although it was a very close race this time... let me dig into our stash of Burger King crowns....

Thanks everyone! We'll see you next year! And see if we can find a better place! Anyone want to finish up with a song?"

Stat time!

The following people were all sent a ballot. The ones in bold did NOT fill it out.

DarthFerret
EricBess
HOUTS

Killer Joe
Limited
Melkor
Mooseman
orgg
Oversoul
Ransac
sageridder
Spiderman
turgy22
Zigathon

The votes for each category:

CPA King:

Killer Joe
Limited
orgg 2
Ransac
Spiderman 3

Most Funniest:

HOUTS
Killer Joe
Ransac 5
turgy22 2

Most Likely to Win the Pro Tour:

EricBess
Gizmo 3
Jigglypuff
Limited
Melkor
The Unknown CPA'er

Most Spirited:

Killer Joe
Mooseman
Nightstalkers 3
Ransac 2
Oversoul
train

CPA Legend:

Ed Sullivan
Ferret 2
orgg 4
TomB
Whimsical

Most Intelligent:

EricBess 5
Gizmo
orgg
Oversoul
Spiderman

Oldie But Goodie:

Chaos Turtle
Force of Will Smith
Killer Joe 2
Mooseman
Nightstalkers
orgg 2
TomB

Most Friendliest & Helpful:

Limited 3
Spiderman 7

Best Sig:

Homestar 2
Mooseman
Nightstalkers 2
Oversoul
Spiderman 4

CPA Spammer:

HOUTS 2
Nightstalkers 2
Ransac 4
Spiderman 2

MTG Mascot:

DarthFerret
Nightstalkers
orgg 3
Spiderman
Youngbeard

Best Writer:

John Keard
Killer Joe
Notepad
Oversoul
turgy22 6

Most Outspoken:

DUke
HOUTS
Istanbul
Killer Joe
Mooseman
Nightstalkers
orgg
Oversoul
Ransac

Most Likely to Become Famous for non-Magic reasons:

DUke
EricBess
Gizmo
Jigglypuff
Mooseman
orgg 2
Oversoul
Ransac 2

Best Homemade Card Designer:

Force of Will Smith 2
Limited 4
Mooseman 3
turgy22

Best Deck Ideas:

Killer Joe 2
Limited 4
turgy22

Most Likely to Post While Naked:

DarthFerret 2
HOUTS
Killer Joe
Nightstalkers 2
Ransac 2
TomB

Best Deck Advice:

Gizmo 2
jorael 2
Limited 3
orgg
TomB
Youngbeard

Most Likely to be The Combo Freak:

DarthFerret
Killer Joe 2
Lythand
Mooseman
Nightstalkers
Oversoul 3

Most Likely to be The Beatdown Guy:

Homestar 2
Limited
Mooseman 2
mythosx
orgg
Ransac 2
Spiderman

Most Likely to be The Control Nut:

BigBlue 3
Killer Joe 3
Limited
Melkor
Mooseman
Oversoul

Best New Person In the Last Year:

dwarven_anarchist
Limited
Lythand
turgy22 3

Best Game in Games Run Forum:

BigBlue
EricBess's Werewolf
Singleton Draft
Spiderman
Werewolf IV/Werewolf in General 3
Werewolf Lite
Yet Another Werewolf Game

Best Entrance:

DarthFerret
Mooseman
mythosx
orgg

T

train

I'd like to thank the individual that nominated me for most spirited...

I should be more prevalent next year...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Spiderman said:
"Well, there wasn't a clear-cut winner for Best Entrance, just a lot of single nominees, and I think people forgot about this one despite the reminder, so we may scrap it next year.
What reminder?

Anyway...

Who voted "Oversoul" for best writer? I'm flattered, but my last article was in May of 2005. I wrote eight articles for this site, and maybe five or six that were worth reading. The only people who have written articles recently enough to appear on the frontpage are Killer Joe, SeFRo, and Turgy22. In my mind, those are the only three candidates for the "best writer" award this year. So whoever voted for me, I like you, but you're crazy...

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Maybe next year we can have nominations and then ballots for each category.
I'll compile if necessary. May get more people to vote.
Can we do it in the poll section without show results on going?

BTW - thanks for all the votes.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Oversoul said:
What reminder?
The one from Post #85...

What do you mean, Mooseman? Although frankly, the list above is pretty much the list of active posters right now anyway...

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Spiderman said:
What do you mean, Mooseman? Although frankly, the list above is pretty much the list of active posters right now anyway...
Post the awards and take nominations for say 1 month and then post a voting thread, but it doesn't show the results until voting is closed and winners have been announced in the awards thread.

H

HOUTS

Yes! I knew I would win!

But, WTF Mate!?

Most out-spoke award doesn't go to me?
This clearly shows the biasness. I worked hard on that award year 'round.

Anyhow...woo hoo!

I am a noted CPA'er.

For whatever it's worth.

HOUTS

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Spiderman said:
The one from Post #85...
I think that's the problem. There are a lot of posts in this thread. I tried to keep up, but I was mostly looking for the stuff in red where you announced winners. I never saw anything about the best entrance thing. I'm prone to doing that sort of thing, but it looks like I wasn't the only one this time...

Killer Joe

Wow, I got nominated alot this year! thanks everyone!

How about most "Casual Player"? and/or Most Politically Minded? and/or most "Lurker Status".

Just my two Denar :rolleyes: