Warhammer Quest: Death Below Karak Azgal

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Dorgath will grab the ingots (all three if Carrow doesn't take his) to carry. However, he plans to share the loot once they're sold.

"Let's go then." Same plan as before we were ambushed regarding the door.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I would think anyone, but a dwarf may get the most for it.

Carrow asks Dorgath, "Would these be of use to you purloiner of the underground treasure?"

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
"Let's go then." Same plan as before we were ambushed regarding the door.
Maybe I'm being too nice, but I'm going to interpret this favorably and assume that Dorgath was still checking the passageway...

The dusty passage veers left. It leads to an open doorway at the far end, where torchlight gutters in the gloom. It looks as though there might be a big room up ahead. In searching the corridor, Dorgath notices that one of the rusted torch holders on the wall seems a bit loose. As he pulls it the stone facade next to it slides back to reveal a sunken steel door.
skabnozeslair07.jpg

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Dorgath replies to Carrow, "Purloiner? Only a foolish pointy-eared elf would think so. Rather, we take the earth's treasure that Valaya and the other gods have placed and fashion them to wonderful works of art, as they intended."

That is generous. My intention was just checking the passage leading up to the doors and then check the doors themselves (which I guess is moot since the goblins opened the door), but I didn't plan on checking yet after we went through the door.

How much would it slow us down to check the walls/passages as we travel for secret doors? Or can I do a "cursory" check as we walk along, at maybe some minus number, if doing a full check will take too much time?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
How much would it slow us down to check the walls/passages as we travel for secret doors? Or can I do a "cursory" check as we walk along, at maybe some minus number, if doing a full check will take too much time?
That last one is right, you can make a cursory check as you walk along, but a full check takes additional time.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Dorgath's search reveals that other than being disguised as part of the wall, the door is pretty simple and contains no traps. Dorgath doesn't hear anything from listening at it, though.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
The door swings open, revealing a dark chamber littered with huge spiderwebs...

And that's it until I get back in late October. I wonder what will be in the room with the huge spiderwebs...

turgy22

Nothing Special
Unless they're in your tribal deck. Have spiders been played, yet? Go take your turn now and we can blame Oversoul for the next long delay.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I played Spiders a while back (and won too!). I would like to replay them but no one really responded to my idea of replaying tribes after x time... :(

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Getting back to this belatedly (I would have the day after I got back from vacation, which was a week ago, but some circumstances got in the way).

The room is dusty and grimy, with spider's webs cloaking the corners and old bones scattered across the floor. In one corner is a large wooden chest. In another, a skeleton. The most obvious feature though, is a pit in the floor—a dark well from which foul-smelling slime oozes forth.skabnozeslair08.png

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"Hey, I have this Firebomb here that I've been itching to use. Should I throw it on that slime there to see what happens? :) "

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
If the slime moves when Throg enters the room, Dorgath will pull Throg back while throwing the Firebomb at it.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Beneath the mountains, in the darkest deepest caves, lurk the giant spiders. Their bodies are covered by thick, horny chitinous plates, and their fangs drip nerve-shattering venom. Huddled in the darkness, they lie in wait, spinning webs to ensnare their unsuspecting victims.

The spiders attempt an ambush, but absolutely no one is surprised by them. This is basically the most predictable thing there is.