Warhammer Quest: Death Below Karak Azgal

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Looks good to me.

Should I have said I moved next to Throg so we could open the door together? I neglected to look at the map to see it had two squares next to it so two people could move side-by-side. Ah well
The orcs were the ones that opened the door. As far as getting Dorgath in for melee with them, corridors like this are generally too narrow for more than two of the Warriors to be engaging in melee. Typically that's been Throg and Dorgath because of the marching order, but if the Warriors were ambushed from behind, it would be Carrow and Kelgar (until one of them moved to make room for someone else, at least). It's currently Throg and Kelgar simply because Kelgar was closer than Dorgath to the door when it opened.

Whether Kelgar would attempt to move away from the orcs to give Dorgath an opening (which he may or may not be able to do when they're charging at him) or hold his ground and attack is sort of a matter of preference. Right now, Kelgar has the lowest Weapon Skill of anyone in the party, so he's the least likely to hit in melee and also more likely to be hit in return. But he can compensate with his hammer, potentially the most damaging weapon anyone has other than Throg's once-per-adventure Mighty Strike (but it's Dorgath whose hits have the highest average damage, thanks to his Great Axe ability) and also with his blessings (he can heal himself, give himself an extra attack, boost his Weapon Skill, or give his attacks an extra chance to hit). Basically, the Warrior Priest is sort of a hybrid character that can either use his powers to aid his companions or to enhance his own melee abilities, depending on the situation...

...but I don't know which Melkor wants here, so I'm sort of leaving Kelgar on autopilot based on how he acted in the previous adventure.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I'd wait to see how Kelgar is distributing his healing, but it doesn't look like this battle will be long enough to matter, so I restored the health of two random wounded Warriors (Kelgar and Carrow) to keep things moving (Edit: Yeah, it didn't even matter, Kelgar has the whole party fully healed after this round of combat anyway).

-The Power Phase is 5 for this turn.
-Kelgar fails to bless anything.
-Carrow shoots, hitting a goblin archer in the chest. The goblin goes down.
-Throg brains and orc with his axe.
-Throg's deathblow hits another orc in the scalp, but the orc remains standing.
-Throg kicks at the bleeding orc, but he tries to do attack while still pulling his axe back toward himself and is too off-balance to hit anything.
-Throg snaps at an orc, but again fails to connect.
-A goblin shoots Throg's torso, but the arrow bounces pathetically off his armor.
-A goblin arrow comes down on Kelgar's head! He is cut, but it seems to only be a flesh-wound.
-Kelgar bashes the orc in front of him, crushing its is ribcage. The orc drops.

Kelgar moves forward, clashing with the final orc and giving Dorgath room to attack it as well.

-The goblins seem to favor Kelgar as a target, but even this direct hit does no real damage to Kelgar, as it fails to penetrate his armor.
-Another goblin shoots at Kelgar, but the arrow flies wide.
-A goblin archer tries to hit Carrow, but the shot flies much too high.
-The last remaining orc slips past Kelgar's defenses and rips a gash into his chest with a sword (12/14).
-Dorgath reaches the orc and slices its torso open, practically severing the orc in two.
-Kelgar fully heals himself and Throg with the Ring of Jade.
-Kelgar is awarded 15 more gold for his healing efforts! Praise Sigmar.

Even though the six orcs in front of them have all been butchered in short order and they have already lost one of their own number to Carrow's bow, the goblin archers make no attempt to flee, and simply continue knocking arrows to fire at the Warriors...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"Let's get 'em!" Dorgath charges forward if he is able and there is room; otherwise, he moves forward as best as he can as Throg and Kelgar move.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
-The Power Phase is 4 for this turn.
-Kelgar fails to bless anything.
-Carrow shoots another goblin in fatally in the chest.
-A goblin returns fire at Carrow, but misses.
-A goblin fires at the Warriors, but the arrow strikes the doorway.
-A goblin loses its grip and fails to actually fire an arrow at all.
-A goblin arrow narrowly misses Dorgath.
-Dorgath charges at the goblins, but overbalances as he tries to strike them and fails to connect.
-Throg moves in alongside Dorgath and hacks at a goblin archer's torso, bringing it down.
-Throg's deathblow slashes a goblin's arm open.
-Throg kicks at a wounded goblin, but the goblin sidesteps his attack.
-Throg lunges at a wounded goblin, but misses.

The goblins finally begin to fall back, but it's much too late, and the charging Warriors continue to press the attack.

-The Power Phase is 5 for this turn.
-Kelgar blesses himself with Vanquish. Kelgar has an extra attack.
-Carrow tries to pick off the leading goblin, but aims too high.
-Throg swings at a wounded goblin's head, but the monster ducks underneath the blow.
-Throg kicks his opponent in the face, finally bringing down the goblin that is blocking the path to the other two.
-A goblin fires its bow, but only hits a wall.
-A goblin shoots Kelgar in the head, dealing 3 damage (11/14).
-Kelgar tears a goblin's head right off with a mighty blow of his hammer.
-Kelgar's deathblow splits the skull of the remaining goblin before it can move out of range.
-Throg collects 158 gold.
-Dorgath collects 102 gold.
-Kelgar collects 84 gold.
-Carrow collects 106 gold.

One of the goblins Carrow's bow dropped crawls toward Dorgath. As he lifts his axe to finish the goblin, the creature snarls...

"You'll fare no better than the old stunty when da boss gets ya!"skabnozeslair04.jpg

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Throg thoroughly searches the carcasses of the orcs and goblins, giving Kelgar time to heal himself. The only thing of interest he finds on the bodies is a small leather bag containing 10 gold. While searching, he notices that even though most of the items on the floor are useless (broken stools, tables, beer barrels, jars, and such), there is one spot on where four potions are visible together on the floor. The orcs and goblins may have been in the midst of arguing about dividing this loot when the bell sounded...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
While musing what the goblin said to him, Dorgath will listen at the north door and then search the room for secret doors.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Neither listening at the door nor searching for secret doors turns up anything this time. Kelgar is able to heal Throg while he tries to identify the potions...

Throg identifies the potion in the crystal vial as a healing potion. Throg recognizes the potion in the red-tinted bottle as a poison that can be applied to arrows or blades (enough for six uses if applied to bladed weapons). Throg identifies the potion in the opaque grey bottle as a Potion of Toughness. Throg is confused by the old grey label on the potion in the opaque white bottle.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Dorgath thinks the potion is magical or is supposed to be magical anyway, but doesn't know how to decipher the label.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"All right, let's leave that one unknown for a while unless someone else wants to take a look at it. Let's bust through the north door - I didn't hear anything but that doesn't mean nothing's there... Ready?"

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I'll take the unknown one, if just to throw it at the next creature that attacks us.

Do we have to bust through the door? Could we just open it?