Werewolf XVIII: The Haunting

R

rokapoke

I hereby vote to hang Rokapoke. Now he can vote for Mooseman because Mooseman is voting for him or he can vote for me because I'm voting for him, but he can't do both!
I don't understand why you're teaming up with Mooseman to try to hang me... I have done nothing to you or anybody else here... <voice gets higher in pitch and words are interrupted by sobs> All I ever wanted to do was entertain folks with the delightful antics of small woodland creatures, and now look at what you're trying to do to me!

<Regains composure, but surely not his dignity> My votes for Mooseman have come about because he has voted for me. What say you about someone like Ransac, who votes out of clear (and un-incited) hatred of Spiderman?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
There is nothing in the world I would like more than to see Ransac hang. But I tried to make it happen yesterday and failed. If you switch your vote to Ransac, I'll gladly do the same and we can finally have some fun for a change.

R

rokapoke

Tell you what, sir. Despite your "colorful" background, I really feel as though I can trust you right now. I will take you up on your offer, and change my vote.

Vote: Ransac

turgy22

Nothing Special
Current Vote Count:
Spiderman (2) – Ransac, EricBess
Ransac (2) – DarthFerret, Rokapoke
Rokapoke (2) – Mooseman, Oversoul
EricBess (1) – Spiderman
DarthFerret (1) – Melkor

Not Voting (1) - Modus Pwnens

I'm going to extend the deadline another two days. Can everyone please confirm their votes or cast new votes before that time? If nothing changes or if we still end up with a tie, the top vote-receivers will be entered into a run-off, at which point everyone must vote.

M

Modus Pwnens

I don't like it when people jump on a bandwagon without apparent reason, and without explaining their motives..

Vote: Oversoul

turgy22

Nothing Special
Updated Vote Count:
Ransac (3) – DarthFerret, Rokapoke, Oversoul
Rokapoke (1) – Mooseman
EricBess (1) – Spiderman
DarthFerret (1) – Melkor
Oversoul (1) - Modus Pwnens

Ransac leads the votes and, barring a change, will be put to death. The day will end in approximately 26 hours.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Modus you idiot. I've been after Ransac from the beginning. My motive is that I will cut your throat, so shut up.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Well I'm not changing my vote. The dice have spoken and I don't think it's Ransac, seems to obvious.
I guess I could vote for Spiderman an make it atie and force others to vote, but I have no reason to suspect the webbed one either.....
The die has been cast.

M

Modus Pwnens

While compelling, I'm not convinced by your arguments of "I've been after him from the beginning".

turgy22

Nothing Special
Final Vote Count:
Ransac (3) – DarthFerret, Rokapoke, Oversoul
Rokapoke (1) – Mooseman
EricBess (1) – Spiderman
DarthFerret (1) – Melkor
Oversoul (1) - Modus Pwnens

The evidence against Ransac is strong. Indeed, the three people voting for him agree that, wolf or not, it would be funny watching his eyes bug out as he is put to death. And his reasons for voting for Spiderman are shallow at best.

The sun sets and the lights flicker out. Again, a ghost appears from the darkness, sending a shiver down your spine. The same man as before, he glides deliberately around the room with his right hand balled into a fist clutched close to his chest. He sizes up each man in the room, then stops in front of Ransac. He raises his right hand and points his finger toward the sky. And then he is gone.

The lights come back on and Oversoul and Rokapoke grab Ransac before he can move. DarthFerret grabs a rope and a chair and ties a noose with the rope suspended from one of the rafters in the ceiling. Ransac is stood up on the chair and the noose is placed around his neck and tightened. Oversoul kicks the chair out from under him and laughs as Ransac dangles, struggling to breath, his eyes bulging as his face turns blue. His squirming and kicking eventually subside and his body hangs limp and lifeless from the end of the rope.

You don't know what else to expect, so you decide to cut Ransac down and return the body to his hut. You carry him across the mud and lie him on his cot. Then you sift through his personal belongings looking for some clue as to his identity. In his backpack, you find several trinkets and powders. DarthFerret and Melkor recognize these items for their genuine magical abilities, often used by traveling shamans to ward off evil spirits. Unfortunately, no one else knows how to make use of such items or even whether or not special powers or incantations are required to activate them.

You realize now that Ransac was no monster and he was perhaps your best chance of stopping whatever it was that killed poor Turgy22. The hour grows late now, and you decide to rest on your unfortunate decision and reconsider things again tomorrow.

Ransac was the Shaman. He was capable of protecting one villager each night from wolves.

Night Two begins now. All those with night actions, please reply to our previous conversations with your decisions. The night phase will end in two days, on Friday September 10th, about 10pm EDT, or sooner if I receive all the night actions before then. No living players may post at night.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Sure, sure, sure.... pick on the crazy guy.... Now that I don't have to worry about protecting any of you, I'll sit back and enjoy this massacre.

Ransac, cpa trash man

turgy22

Nothing Special
Once again, your slumber is interrupted by an eerie howl. You pull a sheet over your head and try to fall back to sleep. Soon, you hear a pat-pat-pat on the roof of your hut. The rain is beginning to pick up again. The rhythmic thumping continues as you slowly drift back to sleep.

When you awaken, the sun's light is filtering into your hut, casting grayish-yellow streaks across the floor. You open the door to a thick fog. The main building, just a few dozen feet away, is barely visible. You walk inside and await the other travelers to discuss the previous days events.

An hour passes and everyone has arrived except EricBess. You all leave the building and walk to his hut, only noticing that the door is ajar when you are a few feet away. The fog is creeping into the hut, but things are quite visible inside. The bed and walls are saturated with blood and a lumpy pile of clothes can be seen in the corner. Upon closer inspection, you realize that pile of clothes is actually a pile of limbs and entrails, covered by torn cloth. Bones are scratched with toothmarks and flesh is torn with claw marks.

You grab EricBess's backpack and trudge back to the main building. Inside the backpack, you find some granola bars, a canteen, and a pair of clean underpants with his name written on the waistband. You see nothing else of significance that implies that EricBess was anything more than a poor unfortunate traveler. Now he is dead and you still have no way of escaping this place. You must carry on your efforts to identify the killer.

Players remaining:
Rokapoke
DarthFerret
Mooseman
Oversoul
Modus Pwnens
Melkor
Spiderman

Players out:
Ransac (Shaman - lynched)
EricBess (Villager - killed by wolves)

The third day begins.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
What about it? Ooh, he was a shaman and therefore me going after him is suspicious in hindsight? Come on, for one thing, I didn't know he was a shaman. For another thing, even if I did, shamanism is a vile practice and he deserved to die. For a third thing, I don't even know why I'm talking to you instead of strangling you. For a third and a half thing, I seem to recall you accusing me based on me jumping on the bandwagon to hang Ransac, when in reality I accused him right away and others weren't interested, so I switched in order to make sure somebody would hang, but then had the opportunity to hang my original choice, which doesn't sound like a bandwagon. Now that he's dead, it's suspicious that I went after him at all? That doesn't make any sense. You're either not thinking this through, or just wrong in the head.

Melkor

Well, given that Oversoul appears willing to kill all of us even if he isn't a wolf, I'm wanting to vote for him, but that kind of anti-social behavior seems very human too me. I think I will stick with DarthFerret. You've got to think that one of the people who voted for Ransac is a wolf, and if I'm not switching to Oversoul than I'll just keep with DF.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"Well, I think it was a lucky shot that the shaman, aka our protector, was chosen to be hung, so I'm not sure if voting for those who voted for Ransac will allow us to find the wolves. So I'm tentatively voting Melkor as he's next down the list, but am keeping an eye on the three Ransac voters if anyone else has any other information."

R

rokapoke

<Sigh.> I can't believe I helped to bring about the death of an innocent man.

Today I feel as though I should cast my vote for the one person who has yet to receive one.

Modus Pwnens, you no longer need to feel left out.

D

DarthFerret

Well, as it would seem to be prudent to cast my vote the way of the one that is accusing me, I think it would behove the group to continue in the Shaman's path. Maybe he actually did find out something to work off of here.

Vote: Spiderman

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I don't know. I can't picture any of you being monstrous killing machines. You just don't seem like you have the stuff it takes. Then again, I guess Ransac didn't either. Maybe what we have here is a wolf in sheep's clothing, or whatever the stupid metaphor is. The nicest guy here? I think that would be Spiderman. I'm probably making some big stupid mistake here that will get me dead, but I can't think of anything better to go on than that.

Vote: Spiderman