Werewolf XVIII: The Haunting

M

Modus Pwnens

"But how do you know what the Ghost means when he's pointing the finger at me? It's easily villager as I can attest I have no wolfish blood in me. And if he keeps picking me, I can only assume that I'm the only villager (or at least person with no powers) left, as it seems villagers and seers keep getting lynched or killed at night."
He also pointed at you when DF and Rokapoke were still alive, and they were both villagers. If the Ghost just points at villagers, why does he just pick you?

Melkor

Um, if we let there be a tie then I'm not sure if the villagers can win, assuming there are two wolves. Therefore, I change my vote to Spiderman

turgy22

Nothing Special
Final Vote Count:
Spiderman (4) - Modus Pwnens, Mooseman, Melkor, The Ghost
Modus Pwnens (2) - Oversoul, Spiderman

Spiderman has gone too long avoiding death, despite his blatant guilt. It's all so clear now. No man should have such an odd and repulsive name.

Spiderman is seized by Mooseman and Modus Pwnens. Melkor now does the honor of fitting his noose. He is executed quickly. After a few awkward convulsions, he hangs still, body listing ever so slightly in the breezeless room. Again, it appears that the men have failed and a hearty laughter begins to fill the room. The men look back at Oversoul, expecting to see him delighting in yet another innocent man's death, but Oversoul stands still, looking just as confused (though perhaps more angry) as the rest.

The room goes dark and the ghost appears in the center of the group, cackling away at the apparent tragedy. Oversoul lunges at the ghost, but glides right through the apparition, landing hard against the wall and then falling on his face. Modus Pwnens steps back in horror, trying to make some sense of what's going on, but it becomes all too clear all too soon. Mooseman and Melkor begin their transformations. Their bodies twist and deform and writhe in pain for just a few moments, until they rise to their feet and straighten themselves out, fangs gleaming beneath hairy lips and blood-red eyes filled with hunger and rage.

The wolves part ways, splitting the meals of Modus and Oversoul. Modus dies quickly beneath the claws of Melkor. A swift slash across his neck sends a trail of blood spurting across the room. His eyes roll up into the back of his head as he passes out from the pain just moments before his heart stops beating. Oversoul puts up a fight against Mooseman, using his shackles to whip at his aggressor and deftly avoiding bites and slashes coming in his direction. Soon, though, he finds himself pinned in a corner and can only laugh at his own misfortune as Mooseman's claws sink into his belly, spilling his intestines down on the floor below.

The wolves feast and howl with delight when they finish. The ghost never stops laughing and when the satiated wolves look back at him, he turns and smiles his toothy smile and points his bony finger at Melkor. Without thinking and without hesitation, Mooseman lunges at his companion and the two wolves fight in eerie silence as the ghost looks on. A scrum of fangs and claws and fur and blood ensues and when things settle down, Mooseman lies on the floor, exhausted and injured, but still quite alive. The ghost hovers over him and disappears into his body as he gradually turns back into a man.

"It's good to be alive again," the ghost thinks to himself. He walks out the door, a bit sore from the wounds that Mooseman sustained, but quite happy to once again feel the air in his lungs and the earth beneath his feet. Soon, he will leave this place and begin another life in his newly-acquired body. But for now, he is content to sit down on the ground and watch the sun come up for the first time in a hundred years.

Winners: The Wolves (Mooseman and Melkor)

I don't have much post-game commentary on this one. The night actions were pretty obvious, except the first night in which Ransac was targeted and also protected himself. I gave the wolves an extra anonymous vote (the ghost) that could only be exercised by Mooseman. And to balance that out, I created the shaman character to help keep the villagers alive. Of course, the shaman isn't very effective when the villagers kill him first.

Also, you may have noticed that Mooseman only chose to use the ghost on the last two days. In retrospect, I would have liked to force him to use that vote to alleviate some of the mystery of the ghost's role and make the game more thematic throughout.

Feedback is welcome as always. If there's interest in another game, let me know and I'll probably get it going once Oversoul returns.

R

rokapoke

Unfortunately, I had my visions focused on Oversoul, Spiderman, and Modus Pwnens, respectively. So I tried to indicate my "trust" in Oversoul in post #63, to get across that I had reason to believe he was not a wolf. But I hadn't focused on Mooseman or Melkor in time, and they got to me first.

Well, I've done a fine job in all of these games of ending up on the losing side, but I'm still up for more.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
The ghost was a good theme and way to cast doubt, but giving the wolves 3 votes was a bit lopsided.
I wanted to use the ghost to target villagers who would then be hung or eaten so that I could set it up that the ghost was pointing to villagers and then use it to protect myself or Melkor if needed.
How did the shaman character work? I just realized we couldn't kill him at night and then hoped he would be hung early.... I got my wish.
I also wasn't sure if I could reveal to Melkor the ghost part, so I didn't. Also, we did very little discussing of what to do except who to eat.

Maybe there could be a character that is allowed to control one players vote per day, but never the same player twice. They could PM the moderator and the mod could then PM them what their vote will be for the day and that player has to then post that vote, with some explanation of why, as we usually do.

New game would be good.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
The shaman character worked that I was allowed to "protect" one player from harm at night. I had intended on simply protecting myself for the first few rounds... which turned out to be all that I had.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I wished I was able to respond to Modus's post before the day concluded, but alas... I would have pointed out that it seems the Ghost could only point to one person at a time and since I was still alive, it was going to keep pointing at me... (and the number of villagers kept shrinking).

Good game, the wolves really got it going this game, with pretty much everyone with special powers going in the first couple of rounds. I'm not sure why they didn't try to save themselves by explaining they had powers though - we might not have believed them, but it might have helped.

Definitely up for another, when Oversoul gets back.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I lost track of things when I left anyway, but good job wolves I guess. I never suspected Melkor was actually one of them even for a second. I was too focused on the others.

D

DarthFerret

Hmm...we need some type of holiday themed werewolf game now...