Werewolf XVIII: The Haunting

R

rokapoke

"He wronged you? Do you guys know each other?"
He voted to lynch me. I consider that a personal attack, and have returned the favor. With nothing else to go on, he's the only one I personally see a reason to hang. The rest of you seem like fine, upstanding gentlemen. Even you, Spiderman.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I agree with the sentiment across the board: we just don't have anything solid to go on. That said, I know one person here who was wronged me. Therefore, I will cast my vote his way.
Apparently he has a thing against dice...... maybe just d6..... would it be better if I used a d10?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I still don't like the idea of hanging a wizard, even a really ugly one. Spiderman seems to be the most popular right now. Don't know why. He looks boring to me. It would be more fun to hang someone else. Someone like, say, Ransac. Or maybe Melkor. That guy is always trying to sell stuff. You know, Melkor, you seem like the kind of guy that has a lot of possessions. And out here in the middle of nowhere surrounded by strangers, well, it's not looking too good for you. So far no one is trying to hang you for all that sweet, sweet loot. But if I were whatever this monster thing is that killed Turgy22, you might be next on my list. Maybe that's how this creature operates? I mean, it killed the guy who owned this place first. Maybe it will kill whoever owns the most worldly possessions. I think you'd be much safer if you shared some of that wealth. But that's just my opinion, not anything too important. It's not like I would, for example, sneak up on you in your sleep and slit your throat over this.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You aren't quite dead yet, Spiderman.
Oops. For some reason I thought it was 3 votes

Well, since no one knows anything and everyone's going by their gut or some random choice, why don't we play some Holdem Poker to decide?

turgy22

Nothing Special
Final Vote Count:
Spiderman (3) – Ransac, DarthFerret, EricBess
DarthFerret (2) – Spiderman, Melkor
Ransac (1) – Oversoul
Rokapoke (1) – Mooseman
Melkor (1) – Modus Pwnens
Mooseman (1) - Rokapoke

After much discussion and some random accusations, no consensus is reached. You prepare to begin another round of deliberations, but as the sun is setting, all the lights go out. Surrounded by total darkness, a ghostly apparition appears before you. A tall, bearded man with wild eyes and hollow cheeks walks through your group and gazes sharply at each one of you. He opens his mouth as if to speak, but no words come out. He raises his hand and points his finger in the air and then disappears in a sudden puff of swirling mist.

The lights come back on, lanterns ignited by an unseen match, and you pause for a moment, dazed and confused by what just transpired. Seeing ghosts, you decide, is a good reason to seek rest for the night. You each return to your huts and fall asleep.

It is now night phase. There should be no further comments here until the next day begins.

All players with night actions, please reply to the role assignment conversations I've already started. Night phase will last until the end of the day tomorrow, Tuesday August 31st, or sooner if I've received all night actions before then.

turgy22

Nothing Special
Darkness surrounds you when you open your eyes. You hear a howl very close by that lingers and echoes through the woods around you. You shudder to yourself and try to fall back to sleep, but find it extremely difficult, knowing some monster is roaming around outside. You lie on your side, staring at the door, until the sun eventually casts its light on the world outside. You feel that the danger has passed, but know that you won't be able to sleep anymore right now. You stand up and walk into the main building.

The other travelers join you shortly. All of them. Despite the horrible scream that you all heard outside, everyone has survived another day. You're unsure of, but grateful for whatever prevented another death during the night, but Turgy22's killer still walks among you. Knowing that the bridge is still washed out and the river still gushing, you decide that it's best to move things along. Another vote will be taken and hopefully the culprit's identity will be revealed.

For those that skipped the story, there was no kill during the night.

Players remaining:
Rokapoke
DarthFerret
Ransac
Mooseman
Oversoul
Modus Pwnens
EricBess
Melkor
Spiderman

The second day begins.

From now on, the player with the most votes at the end of the day will be lynched. In the event of a tie, all players not voting for one of the top vote-receiving players will be forced to recast their votes.

R

rokapoke

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm very much torn between horror at being stuck here with a brutal killer and being relieved that I made it through the night.

Any chance I could find a nice stiff drink to settle my nerves?

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Well.... nothing happened..... how wonderful....... Since nothing happened, I have no reason to change my vote.

SPIDERMAN

Ransac, cpa trash man

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I'm not changing my vote.... well not yet.

Ransac, why Spiderman? Do you know something the rest of us don't?

Vote: Rokapoke

R

rokapoke

I'm not changing my vote.... well not yet.
Well, two can play at that game. Until I have a reason to vote for somebody different, I will continue to vote for the guy who insists upon voting for me.

Vote: Mooseman

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Ransac, why Spiderman? Do you know something the rest of us don't?
I have absolutely no reason to vote for Spiderman other than the fact that his mom gave him a horrible name.... Honestly.... "Spiderman..." I feel sorry for the homeless shelter that feeds him...

Ransac, cpa trash man

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You're just jealous you didn't get a superhero name but some other term for looting and pillaging.

D

DarthFerret

That type of irrational thinking is starting to sway me a bit, Ransac. As Spiderman seems content to randomly pick someone, and the vendetta with Mooseman and Rokapoke seems to be a personal thing, I am left with little choice at this time but to send my vote Ransac's way.

Vote: Ransac

E

EricBess

So Spiderman voted for me as promised. I'm torn now because my reasons for voting for him were because he was going to vote for me. No one has really jumped on the band wagon, so part of me thinks to just leave it alone as it will take him a while to get back to me again.

Still, I'm not really comfortable with the random vote. If he isn't a werewolf just trying to rationalize his motives, he's potentially creating a predictability that a werewolf could latch onto.

As such, I vote: Spiderman for now, but I'm certainly not convinced and could probably be swayed by a convincing argument.

Melkor

I guess I'll keep with DarthFerret obviously something went right last night, seeing as how we are all still here. So no reason to rock the boat.

turgy22

Nothing Special
Current Vote Count:
Spiderman (2) – Ransac, EricBess
EricBess (1) – Spiderman
Ransac (1) – DarthFerret
Rokapoke (1) – Mooseman
DarthFerret (1) – Melkor
Mooseman (1) - Rokapoke

Not Voting (2) - Modus Pwnens, Oversoul

The day will end on Monday, September 6th about 12:00 pm Eastern time. Please have all votes in by that time.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
You lot might succeed in boring me to death before whatever monstrosity is out here ever shows up to do the job itself. I'm tempted to just try to beat everyone to death with these irons and see how far I get. So let's see, Rokapoke is voting for Mooseman because Mooseman is voting for Rokapoke? And Mooseman is voting for Rokapoke because...

...I guess I slept through that. Oh well, I hereby vote to hang Rokapoke. Now he can vote for Mooseman because Mooseman is voting for him or he can vote for me because I'm voting for him, but he can't do both! Never cared much for squirrels anyway: the meat's too lean.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
EricBess said:
If he isn't a werewolf just trying to rationalize his motives, he's potentially creating a predictability that a werewolf could latch onto.
<shrug> It's no more predictable than a person voting for someone as a retaliatory vote.