You make the card

T

train

See - with what Eric pointed out(and what i've been saying) - I have a feeling that WOTC will be making changes to the design/development of the "card"...

"Just like they did with Mr. Babycakes...";)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by Mikeymike
*THUNK*

That was a digitally compressed smack in the back of the head Spidey :D
My spidey reflexes enabled me to duck it in time, for it to join the dented wall above my head... :p

Originally posted by Nightstalkers
so why not use Memory Lapse to counter the original storm card?
you can but the storm copies will still trigger. You need a counterspell for the original storm card AND Stifle to counter the triggers to truly counter the entire spell.

N

Nightstalkers

You obviously didn't get my implication of the very stupid counterspell Memory Lapse.

You counter the original spell, but the stormed copies are still in effect, so you just get your card back the next turn... Unless you have a card drawing engine of course :D

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, in that case, I guess WOTC wants something more current (and maybe not blue) and get the card immediately rather than waiting a turn.

T

train

I think WOTC rigged it to not have to deal with the rules problems from "I"...

N

Nightstalkers

Its a conspiracy against us!

We have to settle for some crap like getting lands back :(

Oh well, we get to use this card with Lake of the Dead :D

R

Reverend Love

The thought of building a 1 for 1 land destruction deck passed through my head when initially reading the candidate’s mechanic. Now that it's in for sure I gave it, oh 2 more seconds of thought and came up with the conclusion that either

A: WoTC will price it beyond a 1 or 2 drop cost. I expect to see this artifact priced either with a 3 or 4 casting cost. If they're REALLY scared of the potential L.D. then I foresee a 5, thus giving us another worthless artifact.

B: IF the price is decent (0-2), L.D. in type 2 has great potential. Priced from 3-4 and it MIGHT see some play if a few other cards drop from WoTC. 5 and up forget it...we'll just chalk it up to another Diabolic Machine.

In the current Type2 format there's SOOO many cards begging to be combined with this beast. Devastating Dreams, Custody Battle, Epicenter!!, Tremble, Braids, Wildfire and more

Not to mention all the utility cards out there which require the sacking of a land.

Great potential here unless WoTC and K1nG 0f Teh [oUnT3r$ Buehler don't nerf it.

Here's hoping...

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Concept A:
A hand digs into a bag of soil and ashes. The grains sift through the fingers and fly in the wind.

The art would be strange. This would work better for a sorcery but it doesn't sound so good now.

Concept B:
A wizard holds a globe which is actually a puzzle. Odd puzzle pieces attach themselves onto the globe.

This has the capacity for some interesting art but it might look like ****e. Possibly.

Concept C:
An hourglass with a destroyed forest in the top chamber and a beautiful lush forest in the bottom chamber.

This actually seems pretty good to me, although people will of course complain if it's just forests.

Concept D:
A jewel hovers in front of a desert. Through the jewel the desert appears as a different type of landscape through each of its facets.

Interesting idea.

Concept E:
A mirror in which the reflections of dead trees and plants appear living.

So what's a mirror doing standing in the middle of nowhere? The artist could make it a cool looking mirror, but with the art coming out of WotC these days, that won't happen. Besides, swamps have dead stuff in them, right? Can't you bring back swamps?

Concept F:
An artist paints a picture of a landscape; the landscape alters to match the painting.

I have no idea how I'd express this concept...

Concept G:
An old-style plow cutting through plain worn dirt. Prosperous land full of life forms in the cut behind.

Woot, plow.

Concept H:
A mysterious floating pyramid hovers above a barren wasteland. Tools and implements come out of the bottom, tilling, watering and fertilizing the land beneath.

This looks pretty cool. I just hope the pyramid doesn't get so big that they decide to make it cost more for no reason.

Concept I:
A sundial with depictions of the five lands, colors, or elements around the dial. The setting should be pastoral.

This is interesting but doesn't really say what will happen to the land.

Concept J:
A mechanical tree clings to a scorched wasteland. Clockwork roots repair the soil, and metal leaves radiate life.

This is interesting but it would be better if it were an artifact creature. Oh well.

I vote H.

O

orgg

The only one that fits, assuming this isn't only basic lands, is A. Then again, it doesn't really fit an artifact that well.

I've lost faith in this Making of the Card. Nightstalker's card shoul've won.

N

Notepad

Choice C should win, as there is no way to represent every friggen type of land in one artwork. Artists try a lot at doing five lands or colors and just OINK-up their paintings.

T

train

I think i said E...

either way - I want to re-vote on the ability of the card...

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Ron Spencer would be good.
I might like Justin Sweet to do the art too.
But Christopher Moeller seems like he'd have some good ideas about how to do the art his own way. I don't know.

Ron Spencer seems like he has a good chance of winning, I think I'll vote him.

N

Nightstalkers

RKF and Richard Thomas are my favorites... but they're not on the list, now are they?