You make the card

N

Nightstalkers

we prefer to use the tried and true method that has been perfected in the good old US of A :D

We'll call a recount and find that old people were voting for the wrong person in Florida :rolleyes:

or good old poll manipulation like before WWI

N

Nightstalkers

Oh, by the way SeFro, they're doing a revote:

Mechanic A
You may play land cards in your graveyard as though they were in your hand.

Mechanic E
Players play with their hands revealed.
During each player's turn, that player may play cards in other players' hands as though they were cards in his or her hand.
During each player's turn, other players can't play spells.

Mechanic F
M: You may pay target creature's mana cost. If you do, you gain control of that creature. (This effect doesn't end at end of turn. Mana cost includes color.)

Mechanic I
Discard a card from your hand: Remove target spell you control from the stack and return it to its owner's hand. (The spell has no effect.)

:p

Attachments

M

Mikeymike

Still voting for 'A' myself. It is neither boring nor stupid...IMO. 'I' is cool, but seriously, another counterspell hoser?

M

Mikeymike

Originally posted by orgg
I also works really abusively with Storm cards.
Dammit Jim, he's onto something! That really doesn't seem right, think WotC will realize this and stop this cold?

N

Nightstalkers

How can they?

WotC is at the mercy of the voters ho now...

I

Istanbul

I works fine for me.

A is boring.
E is boring.
F is Ice Cave.

T

train

I also works really abusively with Storm cards
I have a feeling they would make sure the Storm spells didn't get to stay on the stack...

M

Mikeymike

Originally posted by Spiderman
How would it be abusive with Storm? By targeting the original spell or the copies?
A few spells are played, you play a Brain Freeze for 1+3 : remove it from the stack and recast it at 1+4. Thats 9 uses, or 8 if it doesn't count the 1st stack copy.

T

train

But that's only if the final version(effect) of the "make the card" contest does not remove effects generated by the spell being placed on the stack...

Even if it doesn't work that way - hunting Grounds would be awesome in Multiplayer... with this little toy...

E

EricBess

From a rules standpoint, it would remove the spell itself from the stack, but it would not reverse any triggered abilities of the spell.

If you look in the rules, you will see that the definition of countering a spell is to remove the spell from the stack and place it into the graveyard.

Well, you are doing the same thing here, but instead of placing the card into the graveyard, you are putting it back into your hand.

When you counter a Storm card, does that change any effects generated by the triggered ability? No, in fact, it specifically doesn't. That's one of the strengths of Storm is that you have to counter each copy individually.

So yes, which this artifact, you would be able to cast Brain Freeze (for example), put all the copies on the stack, then discard a card to return the original spell to your hand.

A few spells are played (3), you cast Brain Freeze. That's 1+3, but the 1 is removed from the stack. Then cast again, that's 1+4 (because you still cast it, you just removed it from the stack), discard a card. You're opponent now peels 7 cards and you still have Brain Freeze in your hand.

It's a good thing they didn't print a storm card that could draw cards...

N

Nightstalkers

so why not use Memory Lapse to counter the original storm card?

it only makes sense :rolleyes:

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

They'll probably price it 4 or 5.

It's funny how Anthony Alongi named Brain Freeze worst storm card... maybe it was for multiplayer, but still that'll change soon (pending Mirrodin).

N

Nightstalkers

they'll screw it up by throwing out a blue counterspell which goes:

counter all storm copies