Yet MORE Planeshift, rare info!

• Thread starter Cateran Emperor
  • Start date
C

Chaos Turtle

Now you're thinking!

Duel, the idea is not to just go and kill your dude to get rid of something. (I suppose you could, but you'd have to be desperate... or stupid.)

The idea is to use something that's already going to die, like a chump blocker or (I'm amazed that no one's mentioned this one) a fading creature that's about to expire from lack of counters, to do one last thing for the team... kill.

A

arhar

Originally posted by Chaos Turtle

In the coming constructed seaons, thuogh, this seems to be a treat for black players who don't want to be stopped cold - as they once were - by Worship (which is rumored to be making its return in 7th edition).
When did that happen? Black players always had Chip (Cursed Scroll) or Dale (Masticore) to come to rescue ;)

C

Chaos Turtle

You: Scroll
Me: Crusade (*yawn*)

You: Masticore
Me: 'Geddon (maybe later) Arrest (maybe never)

While you're trying to find answers to my maindeck answers, I'm attacking with pro-black 4/3 shadows (in Cursed Scroll Days) or 4/4 first strikers with a 3/3 ready to give pro-black at a moment's notice.

And don't try to tell me that white weenie was no good during these times. You'd be wrong.
It's what I played, and the only thing I would reliably win with.

L

Lotus Mox

Here's a new one from Mag2:

Gainsay 1U
Instant

Counter target blue spell

Uncommon
if it would cost U or be a cantrip then it would be a remotely playable s/b card but as it is printed it blows (this is so bad i would suspect it is fake).

Maybe it will be played in IBC, due to the lack of real counterspells in the Siege Cycle.

I

Istanbul

Worship was never really a lock. Soul Feast got around it. So did Highway Robbers, and if it got one turn in play, Subversion.

A

arhar

Originally posted by Chaos Turtle
You: Scroll
Me: Crusade (*yawn*)

You: Masticore
Me: 'Geddon (maybe later) Arrest (maybe never)

While you're trying to find answers to my maindeck answers, I'm attacking with pro-black 4/3 shadows (in Cursed Scroll Days) or 4/4 first strikers with a 3/3 ready to give pro-black at a moment's notice.

And don't try to tell me that white weenie was no good during these times. You'd be wrong.
It's what I played, and the only thing I would reliably win with.
White weenie was no good during these times :) Of course, that's what I played also (as soon as Masques came out), but what would you do with white weenie when your soul is feasted on five times by third turn?

P

Purple_jester

Gainsay say, "Counter target BLUE spell?!" That is so absurdly stupid. A sideboard card against blue that will probably see play only in Extended. And they had the GUTS to make it UNCOMMON?! What next?

Oh, wait! I know! How's this:

Bad Schedule UU
Instant
Counter target spell if the spell was cast on a Tuesday afternoon.

Or even more spectacular:

Pyrophobia U
Instant
Counter target non-creature red spell if that spell's cost is RRR.

Or best of all:

Panic U
Instant
Counter target spell. As an additional cost to play this card, place the top 25 cards of your library into your graveyard.

AARRGGHHH! You think that with something as versatile as a counterspell, they could get more creative.

I

Istanbul

Wahhhhhh 4UUU
Instant
Counter target spell. You lose the game.

D

DÛke

...Purple Girl...I especially like Bad Schedule. <laughs>

Gainsay is terrible. I think it should at least give you a card. That's poor.

C

Chaos Turtle

What are you people talking about?

Gainsay kicks ass!

Okay, that's a lie... if this one's real, I wonder just what they are thinking.

arhar, in response to your question, I'd complain about how broken Bargain is. :p

But I had only a little trouble with Bargain... the White Lightning deck (white sligh, basically) could get the Bargain player low enough on life that it seriously threatened his ability to go off (remember of course, these weren't Pro Tour Playas playing Bargain). And Worship came out against that deck, for Radiant's Dragoons (sure, you can feast on my soul four or five times... can you do it six or seven? ;) ).

Z

Zadok001

From pwrchild, MtgNew's local spoiler producer. Fairly trustworthy, I'd say:

Questing Pheldagrif
1GWU
Creature - Pheldagrif
Rare
4/4
<G>: Questing Pheldagriff gets +1/+1 until end of turn. Target opponent puts a 1/1 green Hippo creature token into play.
<W>: Questing Pheldagriff gains protection from black and from red until end of turn. Target opponent gains 2 life.
<U>: Questing Pheldagriff gains flying until end of turn. Target opponent may draw a card.

(*SHOCK!*)

:)

Discuss!

P

Purple_jester

Hmm... This one's different. 4/4 for a 4-drop, multiple abilities with multiple drawbacks...

Methinks I see an attempt at creating a "balanced" version of Morphling. ;)

I

Istanbul

Hmmm. If done correctly, you can just get rid of your opponent's flyers first, then pump elf mana through this guy and allow your opponent to have a horde of 1/1s...and attack with a huge/huge flying monster for the kill.

This, by the way, was my 1000th post. Thank yew, thank yew. :)

N

nodnarb24

[me]gives Istanbul a rubber cookie.[/me]

Congradulations!!!!

S

Sammy Dead-O

Originally posted by Purple_jester
Bad Schedule UU
Instant
Counter target spell if the spell was cast on a Tuesday afternoon.
It's not so bad. It'll combo well with...

Goblin Secretary R
Creature - Goblin
T: Change target day of the week to the day of your choice.
1/1

A

Apollo

It's another HIPPO!!! YAY!!! THE HIPPO DECK WILL DESTROY YOU ALL!!!

D

Duel

Yep. I will love this card if only because it is a pheldagriff......

CT, death bomb is bad because unless you are already making a trade, it is a bad card, It cannot break a stall. Terminate just rules compared to it, though with worship.....

WOSHIP HAD BETTER NOT COME BACK.

C

Chaos Turtle

Phelddagrif?

I am in heaven.

But, this is identical to the previous Phelddagrif, except for the type (the first was a Legend).

I never said Death Bomb was "good." I said I'd draft it 4th-6th. I'd draft Terminate 1st-3rd.
(taking into account what little we know about the spoiler)

I also called it a "treat," but bear in mind the Milk-Bonz Dog Biscuits are also treats... not for everyone.

It's better than Terminate if you're not playing red...

I just had a thought!

If there's a "Questing" Phelddagrif that's 1GWU... might there not be a Phelddagrif for each allied tri-color combination?
Like a "Snooping" Phelddagrif that's 1UBR?

D

Duel

Anyways, I don't expect death bomb to see play. Terminate will, though.

[me] LOVES terminate[/me]