yet another RPG...if anyone's interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BigBlue

When we all get to the room, I will ask if the sigil for poison usually means there is poison in the note? I will also look over the note before opening it to determine if there are any magical effects placed upon it.

"I once knew a cleric who could detect poisons, but I don't suppose any of you have that skill?"

At any rate, after we've secured the room, I will summon an unseen servant to open the note.

N

Nightstalkers

(Are there any evil characters in prescense of the note?)

numerous sigils adorn the note as the people in the room hope for the worse... but after several seconds the mighty warriors decide to look more carefully at the mysterious strangers note.

A Lone figure looks upon the building and sighs. thinking of wonderful things to give and great destruction to wreak in other places he sets out on an ongoing journey, hoping to meet the kindly people from the inn.

R

Rando

To all players...

Now I'm confused. What is going on with who, where? Huh?

Give me a head count, if you please, and where your character is at this momnet.

To set the stage, it is night, the bar is closing shop, and a meeting hall is reserved for you on the 2nd floor...at least reserved for those "in the know".

To RXI -
Naughty role player. Naughty naughty naughty.

The barkeeper, knowing what Kaflant ment by that, nods his head.
tisk tisk tisk

N

Nightstalkers

Shady character... outside town... somewhere???

and we have thirteen heads here... don't ask

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

I assumed my character was also with Veritoch, Dorgath, and Morgoth as he was with them during the whole sherrif thing.

B

BigBlue

I will jump in here. I apologize if anyone feels slighted.

I will assume that Vertioch, Morgoth, Dorgath, and Ryld are the only people in the meeting room. I believe we are all there.

But, since Kaflant and (Nightstalkers unnamed char) arrived after the note did, I am somewhat leery of them, especially Kaflant given his confrontation with the Sheriff and they were not invited up to the meeting room.

Now, once we've read this note, and determined a course of action, I fully intend to bring Kaflant and (NSUC) into the fold as recruits (assuming there is nothing in the note implicating either of them in a bad way).

I recognize that Party leader has not been established, but rather than flounder in the breeze, I will assume that role for now. If anyone else wishes to gain that position, let it be known, I'm not a tyrant, I just want to get the story moving again.

So, without further adieu...

• Vertioch tests to see if the note is at all magical
  • Asks about the Poison symbol (of Ryld, Morgoth, and Dorgath)
  • if it does mean poison likely exists then I asked if anyone can detect poison.
  • Finally I will summon an Unseen Servant to open the note while we stand aside (hopefully avoiding any ill poison effects).[

Again, my intent is to move the story along, not to hurt anyone's feelings. Kaflant and (NSUC), we will get to you ASAP.

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

To Veritoch " I don't know much about poisons, that knowledge is restricted to the high priestesses of Menzoberranzan. Sorry I couldn't be of more help to you."

N

Nightstalkers

An accursed rat comes shambling in from the outside and begins to attack the group of hero's. but as the evil creature prepares to attack the nearest member of the party the note on the wall fires out a terrible blast that turns the poor rat inside out.

The message on the note begins to shiver and coalesce into inteligible letters...

On the outside of the note
Code:
To those of whom hearts are true and wits are at their best.
A gentle wall of force settles over the room. locking all whom are inside from exiting the premises.

(Yes, there are still magical wards on the note. yes, you can open it... HINT: just don't try magical anything on it please.)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I think you're only supposed to talk about what your character is doing; you have no control over "other" events.

And everyone please remember to disable sigs for this!

R

Rando

OK, I guess we have to re-cap the unwritten rules of the game.

1. Never assume anything...ask me.

2. Never take control of or post the actions of another character or a "NPC" (which is anyone not being played by a participant of this game.

3. Never go off on some tangent like..."I do this, then this, then the other guy goes down so I set him on fire and when he screams I'll put him out and when the guards come in I'll lightning bolt them and..."

4. One action at a time, please. State you want your character to do ~this~, then wait for my response.

5. Post your character's name in the subject line of each of your posts.

6. Disable your signiture.

Nightstalkers...please give your character a name.

Now that that's over with...let's go on to chapter two.

Status
Not open for further replies.