yet another RPG...if anyone's interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BigBlue

Present and observing...

I don't wish to agitate the situation by interupting the sheriff, in hopes that Kaflant can handle the situation for now. If things sour, then I'll be available, but if the sheriff is already wary of strangers, no need for another to draw attention yet.

**see, I'm even wordy in my silence.... :) **

P

Prince RXI

"My dear sir, I am by no means someone who would do any of those things you have said. I say I have be here many times before because it is true. I am, after all, reaching my 84th year."

Looking at Kaflant you would think he was about 25.

"And you dare accuse a holy man of Bahamut, blessed be His name and all who serve He, of such? I would hope not, good man. Please, leave me to my drink, I wish you no harm. May the blessings of the Scaly Lord, Bahamut, be apon the."

R

Rando

To Kaflant -
The sherrif leans down on the table and gets right in your face. "See here good sir. Think not for a second that I am not the authority in this town. My eye is on you and any that trafic with you. If the slightest hint of foul play is about you then the shackles go on!"

With that he storms from the place.

To all other players -
The crowd is silent until the sherrif leaves, then all begin to talk about the incident at once. The locals also eye Kaflant suspiciously.

To Morgoth -
did you ever open the sealed paper?

B

BigBlue

"Hmm. Does the Sheriff have any friends? or is he a loner. He sounds as if he needs a friend to take the weight of his guilt off. Surely he did not cause his family death, yet believes he did."

**Is this an actual Inn, with rooms, or is it merely a tavern?**

To the party
"I suggest we take that letter somewhere more private than a tavern to open it. If it contains **ahem** poison, then we wouldn't want that being released in the common area. If this is acceptable, than I will retire to my room and join you in yours."

To the Barkeep-
"Do you have a private meeting room?"

R

Rando

To Vertioch -
The bartender says, "Yes, I have a private meeting hall on the 2nd floor. It'll cost 10 crowns for the night but comes with meals and drink and a servant. Do you want it?"

B

BigBlue

"I do." I hand the barkeep 20 crowns, for the room and for a couple bottles of the wine I've been enjoying (if that isn't enough then I'm willing to pony up more)

To the Group -
"It is getting late. I will retire to my room, and you are all invited to the meeting hall. I will leave it to you to decide if the troublemaker in the back should be invited as well. Perhaps we should discuss this before asking him to join us, for all we know it was him or his agent who placed the note."

Vertioch grabs the bottles of wine, and heads for the stairs, two bottles of wine in one hand, and his staff in the other.

R

rkoelsch

Ten crowns is steep. I have 4 I can put in. I still need to get a mount.

B

BigBlue

"Keep your gold. I was able to turn a tidy profit on a service I provided for a merchant "

**Perhaps I should at least know what the monetary system is... maybe others here are aware of it, but I was assuming a crown equated to a GP in DnD, if it is more on the platinum level, then I think I just overpaid a ton for 2 bottles of wine.** :)

R

Rando

To All Players -
I'm not worried about the money. As far as I'm concerned, it's all just flavor to add to the story...same as your equipment, weapons, histories, magic spells, et cetera.

For the sake of clarification, though, assume a Crown is one Gold Piece in D&D terms, with Eagles being Platinum, Commons being Silver and Pennys being Copper. That's the monatary system of my little home made D&D world, and it sounds good for this too. Assume everyone has, lets say, 50 crowns on 'em.
jp

R

rkoelsch

to Dorgath," Well, I guess we will see what is on the paper"

go to the meeting room and open it.

B

BigBlue

Sounds fair to me. I just assume I am a rich benefactor, not limitless in wealth, but willing to share what I do have freely.

As a mage, it is easy to procure money from those in need of a spell, small item, or a lesson or two for the budding apprentice... It is not free, but I'm reasonable and open to barter. And magic is not my only talent. I've been known to write a contract here or there, decipher or interpret a contract in dispute....

R

rkoelsch

* you know, Big Blue I understand is a perfectly acceptable phrase:D

N

Nightstalkers

A shady character walks into the room carrying a heavy sword of some dark metal and carrying a bag of gold over his sholder.

The man walks past the barkeep and stares at all of the heros gathering around the room. Without anything else to do he pulls out an expensive stone pipe and begins to smoke his ragweed.

In a heavily accented voice "What is the goings on in town lately? I have been out of... the region for quite a while."

B

BigBlue

Originally posted by rkoelsch
* you know, Big Blue I understand is a perfectly acceptable phrase:D
Nah... Not nearly wordy enough... :p

I can turn "No." into a paragraph... I used to have a T-Shirt which said, "If you can't dazzle them with Brilliance, baffle them with BS!" Besides, it's kind of a thing now... I won't abandon my wordiness for all the eagles in Greyhawk.

To NS -

I believe the only character still downstairs is Kaflant. But I could be wrong.

N

Nightstalkers

(is there a front door?)

In a heavily accented voice "Will anyone speaketh?"

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

*Ryld eyes the letter his new acquaintances seem to be talking about

"so...whats with the letter?"

P

Prince RXI

Kaflant notices that everyone else is going to bed.

"Keeper, my friend, I am sorry for the inconvenience of that bumbling fool of a sheriff you have. May Bahamut show him his way. May I pay for 'the room' tonight?"

The barkeeper, knowing what Kaflant ment by that, nods his head. Kaflant throws a small bag of gold onto the bar, gets up, and goes to the stairs to the attic.

"It will be nice to stretch my... well you know... in private once more. Thank you my old friend, and may Bahamut watch over you and bring you fortune from now till your pyre."

To all still in the bar:
"Good night to all. May your sleep be filled with thoughts of happiness."

Kaflant walks up the stairs, changes, goes to the stairs, sets a ward, and goes to bed.

N

Nightstalkers

(Tired of ? going unanswered...)

The shady character hears a voice coming from up the stairs but ignores it for the low shuddering that has arisen from his stiff legs.

In a silent voice "This is a joke. the service was better... a few years ago."

The man walks towards the portal to leave but instead takes out an ornate dagger from his treasure sack and posts it with a message in a powerful magical rune structure.

(Any high level spellcasters in the house?)

Status
Not open for further replies.