yet another RPG...if anyone's interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I, not understanding the seal, looks at Morgoth quizzically.

"Well, are you going to open it?"

If learning what it means

"Ah. So does that mean the paper is "poison" or not good to have, or it is sent by such people?"

R

rkoelsch

"Thanks a lot, Dorgath." I then let Dorgath and Vertioch know about the seal in whispered tones. Then to Vertioch, "Make sure noone leaves while me and Dorgath check for possible suspects"

**as if I would ever hang out with disreputable types
:rolleyes:

R

Rando

To Dorgath and Morgoth -
Besides you and your crew, there's really no one "suspicious" looking. Just local farmers, craftsmen and merchants.

To all players-
The boy has finished his song and dance. The locals now call for the travelers to share a song from far away...

But then, the door to the tavern is thrown open. Standing in the darkened doorway is a tall and imposing man. He looks around the room and then speaks. "A man seen leaving this establishment just a few moments ago tried to break into the jail across the street. He was thwarted by the homeguard but escaped into the woods. Does anyone know anything about this? Speak up! This is your Sherrif talking!"

R

rkoelsch

I look around for the elf like creature that came in after me.
"Barkeep, is that your Sheriff?"

P

Prince RXI

In walks a man dressed in basicly the normal garb of the area. He walks over to the bartender, hands him 5 gold pieces, takes his drink, and walks to an empty table in the back.

R

Rando

To Morgoth -
The bartender simply nods and trys his best to act like he's minding his own buisness.

To Kaflant-
Since the back ofthe bar is empty, there are plenty of empty table to choose from.

Unfortunetly, the sight of a stranger entering the bar at an odd time and going off to the back alone has attracted the attention of Ezekiel, the town sherrif. He starts walking your direction...

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

*Ryld continues to eye the group of reunited friends, he gets up and walks over to the group, completely ignoring the sherrif

"I saw you three and thought I should thank you for my free drink. Let me introduce myself, I am Ryld Mizzrym, herald of house Baenre in the city of spiders."

P

Prince RXI

Kaflant looks up and watches the sherrif walk up to him.

"Yes, sherrif?"

R

Rando

to Kaflant -

the sherrif stops in front of your table and eyes you a momnet.

"I don't know you stranger. How long have you been in town. Better yet, what is your buisness here?"

To all other players -

Thecrowd hushes up and all eyes turn toward the sherrif.

B

BigBlue

**Did I ever get an answer from the Barkeep as to why the locals are depressed, or why the Sheriff's office was closed?**

R

Rando

To BigBlue -
The sherrif's office was just closed for the night.

Did I say the locals were depressed?

jp

B

BigBlue

**I thought you'd said that it seemed quiet around town.... depressed wasn't really the word I meant... I was just fishing for what the local problems were. And hoping that might help in the discussions with the Sheriff.**

You said:

.... But, there is a heaviness in the air and everyone seems a bit on edge. No one sings or dances or even talks very loudly.
I was hoping to get clarification from the Barkeep.

R

Rando

Ah ha...thank you. Sometimes I ned reminding.

To all players within earshot of the bartender -
The barkeep keeps his eye on the sherrif as he speaks. "The sherrif's been funny lately. Acting odd. Since he's the real leader in town it gets everyone else on edge when ever he himself is. I guess it has to do with when the sherrif...ah, never mind. I shouldn't say."

P

Prince RXI

Kaflant takes a drink of his beverage and burps. A small flame about 3 inches long appears for a split second.

"My dear sir. I have in this town many times in my life, but I do not recall your face. May I have you name? I am called Kaflant, the dragoon of the arctic. Anyway, the pleasantries can be casted off. I am here because I seek adventure and this Inn has been very kind to me in my business in finding fellow warriors to quest with. Oh, and it's the only Inn in the area that serves 190 proof beverages, nothing less will do for me."

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

To the Barkeep(softly)- "...with when the sherrif...what?"

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I look warily at Ryld.

"Hey there. I'm Dorgath of the Breckfol Mountains."

I still sit listening to the sheriff and Kaflant's conversation.

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

To Dorgath "Nice to meet you" *Ryld extends his hand to the Dwarf

*Ryld keeps his eyes on the Barkeep, waiting for a response.

R

Rando

To Kaflant -
The sherrif speaks, "Many times you've been in the town you say? Strange, but I do not recognize you. Do you do your buisness through skulking in shadows and lurking in alleys? Perhaps ye be in the buisness of breaking and entering, and just came in to the establishment to whet your lips with an ale after a failed robery?"

To Dorgath and Ryld -
The bartender, as well as everyone else, is watching the confrontation at the back of the room. The barkeep whispers very softly. "About a year ago, the sherrif's wife and two sons were burned alive in a fire. He lost everything and now lives in the basement of the jailhouse. For days afterward he walked about the town flogging himself and saying 'twas his sins that caused his house to burn and his family to die. Ever since, he's had a mean streak and a paranoid disposition."

To all other players -
Who do we have? rkolsch? Are you there?

Status
Not open for further replies.