Werewolf XVI: Werewolves in Space!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"Okay, *now* I have a reason for voting for Ransac. He tried to deflect the votes from rokapoke, his compatriot. That's good enough for me at this point, seeing how our numbers keep dwindling."

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
It is extremely unfortunate that Modus Pwnens was killed, but his sacrifice will not had been in vain...

because it is extremely FORTUNATE that we managed to find a wolf last night. I know the other wolf. You see... I've been holding on something from you guys, holding out for my own protection. That first night in the pods was frightening.... terrifying. However, it changed my perspective for the entire crew. My pod wasn't empty. It held a small device called a "Storage Monitor." After tinkering with it, I discovered that it allowed me the ability to read mass and heat signatures from all of the pods, but only at the rate of one pod per night. I wondered what good this would do me, but when I realized that the wolf would be out hunting rather than sleeping, I could actually discover who was in their pods (alive or dead) and who was not in their pods.

On my first night, I looked into Spiderman's pod.... which registered no mass or heat. I shivered as I realized that he must be a wolf. So, I immediately started pointing fingers at him, not trying to let on that I know anything. When it was learned that rokapoke was a wolf, I was ecstatic, as I knew I only had to survive one more night. Quite frankly, I was shocked that I lived through the night, but I imagine that Spiderman did not kill me so as to not arouse suspicion towards him.

To be sure of my findings, I tested the device again on someone else who I hoped to be alive. EricBess's signature read as a heated mass, thus normal.

I do not have any mystical powers, though I imagine you could call me a SEER for this technological foresight that will save us. I was simply in the right pod that contained the means to the salvation of the remaining lot of us. I'm thankful that the wolves did not get to the device or ravage me, for we all surely would have been doomed.

Let's throw the beast into the abyss.

Ransac, cpa trash man

E

EricBess

Quite frankly, I'm surprised that I am still alive as well. A couple of times, I actively tried to draw attention to myself just so that I wouldn't be considered an innocent bystander, and I suppose that is why Ransac felt the need to test me and I appreciate his vote of confidence.

There are five of us left, so I see no reason he would try to concoct an elaborate lie at this point, so I'm with him. Let's get rid of Spiderman now while we still can. Awfully sorry to have to do this to you buddy, but you were dead the minute they gave you the injection. We are just finishing the job so that the rest of us can sleep easy tonight.

Melkor

Spiderman

If Spiderman isn't going to speak up to defend himself, then there really is no choice but to believe Ransac and vote for Spiderman. It appears Spiderman picked a fight with the wrong passenger, but then again, he couldn't have known about the Monitor.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
<shrug> Is that what you were waiting on, Melkor? *I* was waiting to see what everyone else said...

I can't explain the results of this "monitor", only perhaps it's malfunctioning from the ship's explosion. I was in my pod along with everyone else (except apparently rokapoke and Ransac). I *do* know that Ransac tried to divert attention from his compatriot rokapoke, which seems more compelling evidence than his mere say-so about some monitor. Everyone can see that, we have only Ransac's word that there's this monitor and his supposed results.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
If I were a wolf, Spiderman, then this course of action from me would make no sense at this time. Should I be wrong/lying, then there will be 3 of us tomorrow and I would surely be the one thrown into the airlock. There's no point in me making up a story now.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
It only makes sense because you pick this time to mount a defense for yourself, when the evidence mounted that you were in cahoots with rokapoke. You didn't do it before when I asked why one should vote for you *or* for me, for that matter. Only the radiation bell saved you then, but we have a chance now.

Melkor

We are still waiting for DarthFerret right? We'll see what he has to say, but Ransac's logic is pretty solid, we vote off Spidey tonight and if we're wrong we vote off Ransac tomorrow. If he's lying it doesn't make sense to sacrifice yourself in that way. Of course all of this assumes that there were only two people given the real serum but that is a risk we have to take.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
He'd have to mount some sort of defense now because if he's cast out, then obviously he's dead either way (wolfman or not).

D

DarthFerret

I 'ave ta go wit the odds ere... That means that you, Spidey, must be cast out from us for the greater good. I don't no nothin bout no monitors, but if'n what Ransac says do be true, then we just protect ourselves from a fate that don't sound too good to me. If'n he is lyin', that will be proven and I be assured he will be the nex' one...

turgy22

Nothing Special
@DF: Is that an official vote or are you just making conversation?

At any rate, we have 3 votes for Spiderman and 1 for Ransac, so Spidey's probably in trouble either way.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
<shrug> "Let's get it over with then, if you guys aren't going to change your votes. But you'll see what a mistake it will have been..."

turgy22

Nothing Special
Confident that his fate will prove his innocence, Spiderman offers little resistance as he is placed into the airlock. You hear the familiar “whoosh” as it decompresses and watch as his body flies out into space, twisting, convulsing and ultimately transforming into the horrible monster he had become. You silently pray that this ordeal is over, as you huddle in your pods to rest yet again.

The night passes by without incident, as does another. You spend your waking hours chatting amongst yourselves, anxious to finally complete your long voyage to a new world. In your excitement and optimism, you barely notice as your fellow passengers grow pale and sickly.

At long last, a signal comes through the comm station: “Spacecraft survivors, we have located your vessel. Prepare for docking.”

You look out the window to see a huge inter-stellar spacecraft approaching. It locks on to your vessel and extends a tunnel to your airlock. You open up and climb through to safety, greeted by the ship’s medical staff. The look in their eyes tells you things are not good.

“Radiation poisoning,” one of the doctors notes. “Don’t worry boys; we’ve got a cure for that now.”

He turns to one of his assistants.

“Get me four doses of lot 232.”

THE END

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
That was a lot of fun! After rokapoke was ousted, I was fairly confident that the non-wolves would win. :)

I seem to always be the seer. This is the fourth or fifth time I've been!!!

Ransac, cpa trash man

turgy22

Nothing Special
Train's absence actually messed up the roles. Originally, I had Mooseman and Melkor as the wolves and train as the seer. So when he didn't sign in, I had to reassign them all.

Anyone want to play again? I thought up a few variations that I think might be fun.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Way to go train.... :rolleyes:

Just joshin', I know you had a good reason :)

Sure, I don't mind playing again if you don't mind running these...

R

rokapoke

Now, are the roles (i.e., wolf or seer) in any way related to the introductions and such we all give at the beginning of the game? I just don't like how the first day there's nothing to base anything on. As a wolf this game, I felt that it was very hard to create a reason to vote anybody off.

I would be interested in playing again. This was my only time having a non-wolf-fodder role, and it was enjoyable.

turgy22

Nothing Special
No, the roles are assigned randomly.

Yes, it is tough to come up with someone to vote for on the first day. I'm thinking of changing the voting rules for the next game, though. Instead of killing the player with the most votes, I'll require a majority (so, with 9 players, you'd need 5 votes to eject a player) and if no one has enough, then no one gets eliminated. So, unless someone is blatantly obvious about their wolf-dom, it'll be harder to get eliminated on day one. Of course, the "villagers" will also have to press harder to get anything done, but I'm curious to see how that goes.