Werewolf XVI: Werewolves in Space!

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
What??? I was off shift and had been up for over 20 hours..... what are we talking about jettisoning people for? I meant stuff with mass..... Oh, the notes thing, well he was part of the experiment soooooooo.... I seems that Rokapoke is very quick to start throwing people out...... but not as quick as Ransac...... these two are very suspicious.... But, Ransac may just be panicking... Rokapoke is too calculating for my tastes.... and he wants to kill me....

M

Modus Pwnens

All right everybody, let's chill out and have a beer. We can keep pointing fingers and shouting at eachother, but personally I find it way more suspicious that our space-cowboy Oversoul keeps so quiet.

D

DarthFerret

Well, see here y'all. It appears as if'n lots of you be panickin. However, seein as we have little time, an' even less if'n the mangey cur has his way, I might as well chime on in here. Of all the reasons done put forth, I reckon the best one I heared yet was the relief pilot. I figures he has the knowledge o the ship and the airlock system. Let's just send Mooseman out the lock and see if'n we cannot make more progress towards bein rescued.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"I'm just a simple card player and have no idea why we need to jettison anyone. But if we have to..." Spidey writes down everyone's name on a land card, shuffles them together, and draws one. "Looks like it's Ransac for me."

turgy22

Nothing Special
First vote tabulation - votes so far:

Mooseman - 2
Ransac - 1
Melkor - 1
Rokapoke - 1
Oversoul - 1

I still need to hear from Melkor, EricBess and Oversoul.

E

EricBess

I don't know. Mooseman, Melkor and Ransac are "staff", so the question is, did they know what the injections were? Part of me wants to eject all three of them just on general principle if they did, but they wouldn't have injected themselves with something experimental could they have avoided it. Of course, none of them are really high-ups. How about it guys, did you know what they were giving?

I'm with Modus. It has to be illegal what these guys are doing and they would have targeted the legal system. As much as I respect him for what he does, I think Oversoul is most likely to have been given the wolf juice.

Melkor

Mooseman

"All this killing and sacrificing is not what I signed up for, of course I didn't think I was signing up to get in a space craft either but I did that so I guess it can't be helped. Mooseman seems as good a bet as any."

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I've been quiet simply because I've been watching for any clues. I've got no urge to space an innocent man. I'm sure most of us don't, but we're desperate. I'm not troubled that I'm a suspect myself.

But I agree with Mooseman. Rokapoke just seems eager to watch folks die. But he didn't accuse Mooseman at first because he didn't want to draw attention to himself. He just sorta insinuated it in his own wolfish way. Seems as good a bet as any.

turgy22

Nothing Special
All the votes are in and here's the tally so far, with everyone voting:

Mooseman - 3
Oversoul - 2
Rokapoke - 2
Ransac - 1
Melkor - 1

I'll give an extra day in case anyone wants to change their votes. Mooseman, specifically, can save himself and might vote differently given the votes cast after his. If there is a tie, I'll have a run-off between the top 2 receiving votes.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
No, I think the Wiley Rokapoke has done his deception very well........ I will stay with my first impression

R

rokapoke

Mooseman;291374 said:
No, I think the Wiley Rokapoke has done his deception very well........ I will stay with my first impression
Hey, it's not personal. I don't like this whole situation any more than the rest of the survivors, but I think it's important for us to check the most likely candidates first. I can only hope my gut feeling is right...

E

EricBess

Well, either Mooseman is willing to die for this particular conviction or he wants us to think he is.

I wouldn't expect rokapoke to change his vote. DarthFerret, Melkor...is the decision made?

Melkor

"Well, it's really, it's really, just a question of logic and the process of elimination, I mean um, sorry, that didn't come out how I . . . What I'm trying to say is we don't have enough information to make a certain decision, so I'll stay where I am right now."

turgy22

Nothing Special
BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

Your ship’s orbit is bringing you all back into the light of the sun. The decision has been made and now is the time to act. You grab hold of Mooseman and force him into the airlock. You close the hatch on him and hear the loud banging from the other side. You hesitate for a moment, until the steady beeping of the Geiger counter reminds you what you need to do. You release the airlock.

Whoosh.

You open the radiation cover and look out into space. Mooseman’s body convulses as he breathes his last. His eyes bulge, his veins burst, his body distorts as every molecule of air seeps out of his body. His fate is sealed and his skin begins to burn from the radiation. But there are no other changes: he’s still just a man.

You begin to question your methods as you replace the shield and hurry into your pods for protection. But even more, you hope that you won’t be the next to die.

The story will continue next week...

turgy22

Nothing Special
Another long night slowly passes by. Again, you hear the sounds of a struggle and a scream. Still, you can do nothing. Not until the beeping stops.

Once it does, you climb out of your pod. Who's missing?

Oversoul. You walk to his pod and see his mangled corpse inside. There was little he could do without a ray gun in his hand. You extract his body, load it into the airlock and blow it out into space. A fitting funeral for a space cowboy.

Just then you see that the comm station has received a signal. Could help be on the way? You go to the station and patch through the message. The origin comes up as your own vessel. You investigate further and realize the signal is coming from the ship's flight recorder. It has activated itself and is now sending a continuous loop from the final half hour of the voyage, before the explosion.

You listen to the dialogue between the pilots and the engineer:

Pilot: "We're seeing a radiation leak on reactor 4. How long to fix it?"
Engineer: "Just got the diagnostics back. It's a minor leak; should be corrected in 10 to 15 minutes. I'm sending Parsons in now to patch it up. He's been immunized for the radiation. Advise slowing to sub-light speed while we cut power to reactor 4."
Pilot: "Acknowledged. We'll coast until the repairs are done."

There's a long pause in the recording. Then the pilot's voice comes back.

Pilot: "The reactor's going into overload. What's going on down there?"
Engineer: "I don't know. No response from Parsons. I'll need to go in there and shut it down manually."
Pilot: "Hurry up and take that reactor offline."
Co-pilot: "We'll need to eject the core if he can't reverse the overload."
Engineer: "Going in now. Parsons? AAAHHH!"
Pilot: "What the hell just happened? Who's down there?"
Co-pilot: "It's too late. Eject the core. Eject the core!"

You hear an explosion. Then nothing. Then the recording starts over. You shut it off.

Now, you must turn your attention to the task at hand. Seven survivors are left and there's a killer among you. You were wrong about Mooseman, but you must go on to have any chance at all.

Mooseman and Oversoul are now both out of the game. They can still chime in as ghosts, but no offering any advice or insight.

Voting for the second cast-off will begin now. I'll tabulate the votes again on Thursday.

E

EricBess

rokapoke I'm sorry, but Mooseman died for that conviction. The least we can do is honor it. This whole situation is very grim.

R

rokapoke

Interesting how he wanted to eliminate Oversoul in the voting, even trying to get DarthFerret and Melkor to change their votes to further his agenda... and now poor Oversoul has been eliminated, the night after the voting.

Now, with Oversoul out of his way, EricBess has his sights set on eliminating me. I'm sorry, but I can't stand for that, sir. I must cast my vote for you.

M

Modus Pwnens

Darthferret was the first to jump on the Mooseman bandwagon. While I don't trust EricBess either, we should first look at those so willingly to throw out the Moose!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"We don't have any further clues and we're still guessing in the dark. So I'll stick with Ransac as there's no better alternative."

Melkor

rokapoke

Like I said, its, its, just a question of going down the line till we get it right. I'm, I'm really sorry but rokapoke is the next guy. This is just terrible.