Werewolf XVI: Werewolves in Space!

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
That's a brilliant plan you've got there, Mr. "Man of Spider." Take all of the attention off of yourself by picking prey at random. You don't really care which order everyone dies, because you think we'll all die anyway.

My first vote was a shot in the dark. I'm going with my intuition now. Spiderman, you have to go next.

Ransac, cpa trash man

D

DarthFerret

A'ight, I do be admitin I was wrong bout the whole Moose thing. What can I say, Rokapoke put up a good logical reason. Now If'n I was a thinkin critter with a goal of bein the last survivor, I woulda done what Rokapoke be doin. Eliminate a person based on flawed reasonin, then try an take out one that didn' follow suit. Seein as this done be the case 'ere, I say it matches up pretty darn good.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
<shrug> Is there a better choice, Ransac? Aside from you getting all defensive and all, which is understandble... but we have no idea who's doing the killing (except Mooseman wasn't one of them). Like I said, since no new information has come to light, you could very well be one of them... or not. Nobody knows.

turgy22

Nothing Special
All seven votes are in. Here's where things stand:
Rokapoke - 3
Ransac - 1
EricBess - 1
Spiderman - 1
DarthFerret - 1

The decision will be finalized on Thursday, so everyone has until then to change their votes.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
It's not a defensive plan, Spiderman. Given the "randomness" with your selection, I would've voted for you even if you hadn't voted for me. You have a very sneaky way of getting people to not pay attention to you.

On the subject of Rokapoke, I strongly urge everyone to reconsider. Mooseman was voted dead from a party of people who have nothing to go off of. I don't think voting off the people who suggested him is a wise move.

Ransac, cpa trash man

R

rokapoke

Ransac;291431 said:
On the subject of Rokapoke, I strongly urge everyone to reconsider. Mooseman was voted dead from a party of people who have nothing to go off of. I don't think voting off the people who suggested him is a wise move.
I agree with Ransac!

Look, I'm just here trying to figure out what's been going on, just like everybody else. All I want is for the most possible people to survive (and I'd certainly like that to include me), but instead it looks like I'm going to be tossed out into space to satisfy some sort of vendetta?

This isn't going to help anything.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
It's not a defensive plan, Spiderman. Given the "randomness" with your selection, I would've voted for you even if you hadn't voted for me.
Uh huh. So what info do you have that would make you vote for me even if I hadn't voted for you over anyone else? I would think none, so a vote for me would be just as good as a vote for anyone. And that applies to you as well... no one's given a good reason to vote for them, just as no one's given a good reason NOT to vote for them.

E

EricBess

Of course you agree with Ransac, rokapoke. Your logic is flawed, though. We know that both Oversoul and Mooseman weren't wolves at this point, so why should I draw attention to myself by trying to encourage people to switch from one non-wolf to another?

Mooseman was willing to die for his conviction when he had the option to at least force a tie, leading me to believe he was either very genuine or a very devious. Since he clearly wasn't a wolf, the former was correct, so I question those who voted for him.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Spiderman;291426 said:
but we have no idea who's doing the killing (except Mooseman wasn't one of them).
I think there was someone else that everyone knows wasn't doing the killing (everyone besides Mooseman anyway).

R

rokapoke

Oversoul;291471 said:
I think there was someone else that everyone knows wasn't doing the killing (everyone besides Mooseman anyway).
The ghost is right. Clearly, I'm not doing the killing, either. Why must I die to satisfy EricBess' bloodlust?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Oversoul;291471 said:
You mean turgy22, the first victim?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Well, that was before we knew that there were any killers to begin with. I was thinking more of another victim...

turgy22

Nothing Special
Oversoul;291481 said:
Well, that was before we knew that there were any killers to begin with. I was thinking more of another victim...
Be patient with Spidey. He can be a bit slow at times.

turgy22

Nothing Special
No changes in voting, so rokapoke's on the chopping block... er... airlock. I'll give him a chance to say his final words and then he'll be jettisoned into space.

R

rokapoke

At the end of the day, everybody here is suspicious for one reason or another. I'm just sorry that I fell victim to more suspicions than anybody else in this round. Maybe this will work out for the best in the long run, but I for one do not care for this result.

turgy22

Nothing Special
The decision having been made, you see no more reason to wait. Rokapoke, clearly dissatisfied with the outcome, slumps on the floor like a petulant child and refuses to move. You lift him up and carry him off to the airlock, locking him inside. He starts screaming like a little girl and you release the airlock, silencing him for the last time.

Whoosh.

You open the radiation cover to see what's happening. Rokapoke's body is floating in space, writhing and convulsing. His muscles bulge and his arms and face get hairy, after being exposed to the radiation outside. Then he stops moving - an eerie wolf-man floating silently through space.

You feel a deep sense of relief come over you. A killer is dead. But you also feel a tinge of remorse, knowing he had no control over what he became. Unfortunately, the circumstances have called for extreme measures and, in the end, it was your life or his.

Just then, the sun peeks out again and the radiation alarm begins to sound. Before anyone has any more time to think or say anything, you all race to your pods, anxious to survive another day.

The story will continue again next week.

R

rokapoke

I just want to point out that I was a victim here. This addiction to killing was out of my control. I'm sure that with a few weeks of therapy, I could be back to golf in no time. Er, I mean, teaching.

turgy22

Nothing Special
You sleep easier this time. You’ve grown so accustomed to the rhythmic beeping that it’s almost soothing. But then new sounds come again from outside your pod. A scratching sound and breaking metal. Then a terrified scream. Your worst fears have come to pass.

When the beeping stops, you climb out of your pod to assess the damage. This time, it’s Modus Pwnens who fell victim to the werewolf’s ire. The poor guy never had a chance. You gather up his pieces and put them in the airlock. As he vanishes into space, you quaff what’s left of his liquor collection and raise a toast to your departed barkeeper.

There’s another signal on the comm station. You go to check it and hear the words you’ve been waiting three long days to hear:

“Spacecraft survivors: we have received your signal. We will be passing by your location in approximately 100 hours. Do your best to stay safe until our arrival.”

You feel a sudden wave of joy, knowing that this ordeal will soon be over. But then, you realize it’s still a long time and a killer remains on board. If you do nothing for the next 100 hours, that killer will be the only one left. And so the search continues...

Modus Pwnens and Rokapoke are now out of the game.

Voting for the third cast-off begins today. I'll tabulate the votes on Thursday, unless a consensus is reached earlier.