Werewolf XVI: Werewolves in Space!

turgy22

Nothing Special
The newest Werewolf game begins now. Just to mix things up, I decided to start with just the story and let everyone introduce themselves first. The roles have been assigned, but no one knows them yet. I’m going to wait until everyone checks in and introduces themselves first (just in case someone drops) then I’ll PM all the roles and continue the story.

Here are the players that signed up (checked in players in bold):
DarthFerret
EricBess
Melkor
Ransac
Spiderman

Mooseman
Oversoul
Rokapoke
Modus Pwnens
Train

If I missed anyone or if someone wants to join now, just let me know.

When we start voting, I'm going to ask everyone to put the player they're voting for in the subject line of their post. That will make things a lot easier for me to go over and count all the votes.

I'm also not going to be using the "ghost council" rules. I don't like how it kind of makes some people inclined to force a tie just so the decision can be deferred away from them. In case of a tie, there will be a run-off between the top players receiving votes. If there is still a tie (or if there are no additional votes to be re-cast), I'm going to clear all the votes and have another vote. If that happens, no one can vote for the same player they just voted for.

If anyone has any questions, let me know. Have fun!

You awaken in total darkness, wondering where you are and how you came to be here. You think back, trying hard to dig up your most recent memories… You were on the ship, sent to colonize a new world. But something went wrong. Did something hit the ship? Or was there an attack? You remember an explosion. And running toward an escape vessel. Then nothing.

Emergency lights flicker on, as you hear moans and groans from the people around you. You are not alone. Eleven people managed to escape, but now you’re trapped here, in the dark of space, until a rescue ship can find you. That is,
if a rescue ship can find you.

One of the men speaks up.

“Is everyone alright? I’ve managed to locate the emergency comm station. It’s not picking up any signals so we may be the only survivors. I’ve sent a rescue beacon, so hopefully someone will find us before we run out of supplies.”

He moves toward the vessel’s airlock and finds a window, covered by a radiation shield. He removes the shield, allowing you to look out into space. A planet is visible from the window, dark and foreboding. You can see debris from your wrecked ship floating around outside: a piece of the hull, some instrumentation, a broken chair. You also see a man’s body, deformed and lifeless from being sucked out into space. And you see something else that looks like a hand, but hairy and clawed, like an animal’s…

The man speaks up again as he replaces the shield.

“We seem to be orbiting an unknown planet. It doesn’t look hospitable, so let’s pray we maintain our orbit. In the meantime, it looks like we’re going to be here for awhile, so we may as well get to know each other.

“My name is Turgy22 and I’m a scientist. I’ve been monitoring passengers on these colonizing flights to study the ill-effects of long-distance space travel and ways to counter them. I guess that seems pretty trivial compared to the ill-effects of having your ship explode in the middle of the journey.”

R

rokapoke

"My name is Rokapoke and I'm a teacher. Does anybody know what happened? Has anybody seen my wife?"

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"My name is Spiderman and I've been sent to provide game entertainment to the new colonies - specifically, board and card games such as Magic: The Gathering.

Um, what was that hairy clawy thingie out there?"

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
My name is Ransac Reginald Reynold "Romper" Raymond Richardson. I was the Food Health Inspector's Assistant's Supplier's Plumber. Anyone know how much oxygen we have left?

Ransac, cpa trash man

M

Modus Pwnens

My name is Modus Pwnens and I'm a barkeeper. Fortunately, I managed to get a few cases of beer on board before we evacuated. Would anybody like some?

R

rokapoke

"Ugh, I could go for something with a little more kick. Got any whiskey?"

E

EricBess

I'm EricBess and I'm an animal handler, here to conduct experiments with dogs and how and why they seem to handle the effects of space better than human. Sort of a sister project to what turgy is working on. I know what you are all thinking, but that isn't a canine paw out there.

turgy22

Nothing Special
"Mmmm... beer sounds good. Do you have any of those good Martian beers like a Red Rock or a Two Moons?

"Spiderman, did you manage to save any games? We'll need to do something to pass the time."

Melkor

"Oh this is not good, not good at all. I told them I shouldn't be on board, it's bad luck."

Melkor nervously looks around for a few moments. "Sorry, my name is Louis Melkor and I feel just awful about what has happened.

D

DarthFerret

Howdy y'all, DarthFerret here. I's bein sent as an atmospheric develpoer, specializing in plant life. I dont know nothin bout no body parts or the like. I jus' grow stuffs to make the air we breathe. Has any one seen me saprolings?

Melkor

"I only design spaceships, I don't fly them, I hate to fly but THEY insisted and I couldn't tell THEM no."

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I'm Oversoul and I'm the fastest ray-gun in space. I've made my living herding space cattle across space ranges in space. Recently, I was offered a job as the space sheriff for a brand new space colony. So I put my space saddle on my space horse and rode to accept the new job and I've got to tell you, this was not what I signed up for...

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Ugh... I'm Mosseman and I am..er..was the relief pilot. I was sleeping before my shift... what happened.... anyone know?

M

Modus Pwnens

I suppose you can have some. Bottle of stronger spirits is for special occasions only, as I only have a few. Supply of beer is limited as well, but for now we'll have enough.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
SPACE SALOON!!!!????!!!! WHERE!? WHERE!? WHERE!? WHERE!? I MUSTS TO FILLS MY BELLIES WITH THE BOOZES!!!!

....I mean... I never drink on the job. Not good for the plumbing business.

Ransac, cpa trash man

R

rokapoke

Speaking of plumbing, I think I'm going to be sick... What on earth (off earth?) happened, anyway?