Werewolf - Seer Town

E

EricBess

Ransac said:
THE SNOW IN THESE CONES ARE POOR QUALITY!!!! I DEMAND A REFUND AND PUNITIVE DAMAGES OF $10 MILLION, plus YOU HAVE TO WRESTLE A 345-LB WOMAN!!!!!!!!
"Dude - you're at the North Pole. I can assure you that it is very high quality snow." And just ask quickly as he came, the elf is gone.

E

EricBess

***OOC - I'm soon checking out until after the Prerelease. We need to have a hanging soon, so if all of you who haven't voted yet could do so by Monday, we will have ourselves a hanging on Tuesday.

Melkor

Limited

I guess I must put a vote in, without other information, I think that I have to vote for either Mooseman or Limited. Since I have no good reason to suspect one over the other, in the interest of expediency I'll vote for Limited to ensure a hanging tomorrow. Unless someone wants to be dramatic.

Melkor

Mooseman

Actually, what am I thinking? I think our best bet is to use my talents as a medium to contact our dead friend DarthFerret and see what he thinks, I figure we can do this if there is a tie in the voting. I therefore change my vote to Mooseman.

L

Limited

I am glad to see you've changed your mind so quickly, mr Melkor. Now I can only pray that DF's spirit agrees with my deductions.

E

EricBess

Limited - Mooseman
Melkor - Mooseman
Mooseman - Limited
Ransac - Limited
sagerider - Mooseman
Spiderman - Limited
train -
turgy22 - Limited
Zigathon - Mooseman

Okay - it comes down to this - train, Mooseman, and Limited are all lead to the gallows and step up onto the platform. All coins are taken away from train and he is instead handed two nooses. He places one noose over each of the two accused.

A lone elf who was allowed a 5-minute break steps forward to explain the situation, "One of the nooses is connected to something in the ceiling and the other is not. This gentleman has been told which is which and has decided which of you will fall. Each of you, starting randomly with you," he says, pointing to Limited, "will now make some parting comments. Remember, the decision has already been made, so don't bother trying to plead your case.

"Once both have had the chance to speak, the entire platform will fall and one of these guys, along with train, will fall to the floor and receive several scrapes and scratches, but will be otherwise unharmed. The other will not quite reach the floor.

"We do this because frankly, I'm bored and this amuses me.

"Limited, if you will please give your parting words, followed by Mooseman."

D

DarthFerret

Floating Voice In The Air

Hmmmm....so no ghost council this round....how interesting!

L

Limited

Well gents, I can only hope that Train has seen the logic of my argument and has put the real noose around Mooseman's neck.

If not, another innocent man dies tonight.

How ironic that I despite all my talents, did not see this coming. The stress must have really been getting to me. Even now, I can't read Trains mind and have no way of knowing if I am in for a small tumble or a plunge into the next world.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Well Train, you hold my life in your hands. If I hang, I'm sure Limited will make you pay for your mistake and 2 innocent men will die this day.

My talent has been uncertain, as have many others. Is yours any better?

We shall see, or not, as the case may be.

E

EricBess

The platform falls to the ground, along with train and Limited. Moosemand doesn't fall so far. Everyone waits with baited breath to see if there is any change.

Suddenly, the doors burst open and in runs Santa himself, surrounded by a flock of elves, "Stop this insanity. This is a true nightmare. Won't do at all, everything is ruined."

At the back of the crowd are what appear to be two large elves, but as they come closer, you realize that it's really DarthFerret and Oversoul, the later looking a bit scruffy.

"Lower the rope." bellows Santa and as you all turn back to see what is happening, Mooseman, completely covered in fur and teeth, is lowered to the ground and stumbles to his feet, only a bit worse for ware.

Santa turns to DarthFerret, "I blame you for this," and storms out, furious.

Confused, it doesn't look like you are going to get any answers until the original elf finally bows his head and explains the whole thing.

Mooseman and Oversoul are good friends of Santa and help him each year with a sort of "Host a mystery" game of werewolf. Usually it last to the bitter end and then everyone has a good laugh and see's Santa off in his sleigh. Since the two werewolves were found immediately this year, Santa's was just a bit upset, but he'll be back to his jolly old self by the afternoon. The elves aren't really sure why the outburst at DarthFerret.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
*OOC* So, we win? That's the game

GET ME OUTTA THIS STUPID HELL-HOLE OF A POLE!!!!!!!!!! AND FIRE SANTA CLAUS WHILE YOU'RE AT IT!!!!!!!

Ransac, cpa trash man

L

Limited

We won? And I'm still alive? A merry christmas indeed!

Train, thanks for not hanging me. Was it a lucky guess or did I convince you?

E

EricBess

*** Now, for some behind the scenes about what was going on because I'm sure everyone is interested in knowing who was who. First, however, I want to say that I really liked the "seer town". Based on the results, you might think that the "seers" just have an automatic advantage, which is something I was a bit concerned about. What actually happened was just a comedy of errors and lucky (or unlucky) choices made primarily by DarthFerret.

Before I tell everyone else how their "abilities" worked, I have to talk about him because he was crutial in finding both werewolves immediately.

First night, he looked at Oversoul and "discovered" that Oversoul was a werewolf. He was the most vocal about having seen a werewolf, so everyone went along with it and Oversoul was hanged.

Here's where it gets interesting. Since Oversoul was hanged as a werewolf, Mooseman was obviously going to kill DarthFerret that night for fear that he must be a true seer. In the meantime, DarthFerret was checking on Spiderman and "discovered" that Spiderman was also a werewolf.

See - DarthFerret was never a true seer. His "ability" was that he though anyone he looked at was a werewolf. It was just by chance that he managed to choose an actual werewolf on night 1 and everyone believed him.

There was a second twist in the game that no one knew about. Each night, whoever was getting killed by the werewolf was given the chance to tell one other person what they had found out, but if they did, they would "lose" their ability as a seer. Basically, I told DarthFerret that there was someone rooting around outside his door and did he want to use that ability before it was too late. He pretty much knew he was a target anyway, so he had no reason to think I might just be trying to fool him out of his ability (though in future games, who knows :D).

The truely ironic piece of this was that DarthFerret said, "Mooseman must warn the others that Spiderman is a werewolf".

I don't know what everyone else was thinking, but from what I can tell, when Mooseman told everyone that DarthFerret visited him, I think it made him look a bit suspicious. If it had been night 2 or later, at least one other person may have "heard" from another victim, so he might have had some support, but as it turned out, DarthFerret may have been the downfall of both wolves, just by virtue of coincidence in each of his decisions.

Before I tell everyone about their abilities, I'm curious to see if anyone would like to share how they think it was playing out, just to see if it's too easy to figure out whether your a real seer or not.

E

EricBess

Limited said:
We won? And I'm still alive? A merry christmas indeed!

Train, thanks for not hanging me. Was it a lucky guess or did I convince you?
Based on his PM to me, it was a lucky guess :D He said he didn't have "much" to go on, so maybe there was something that put it over the edge. I'm interested in knowing too...

L

Limited

Yeah, what were the seer rules? And did Turgy22 in fact see the opposite of people's true nature?

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I think it was Sagerider, since he "saw" me as a wolf..... I hope that wasn't some kind of false vision......
Seems like it went very fast....Was it because of all your visions or something else?