Werewolf - Seer Town

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Whew!

Well, I saw innocent people both times... so either I was a seer or always saw innocent people :)

I sure was taken in and thought it was Limited, so if it wasn't for train's lucky guess, the game might have gone on later.

Cool twists :)

turgy22

Nothing Special
Limited said:
Yeah, what were the seer rules? And did Turgy22 in fact see the opposite of people's true nature?
None of my visions were definitive. The answer I got on Mooseman was that I couldn't tell if he was a werewolf or not, only that he wasn't a true seer. The answer I got on you was that "he can't be trusted."

I suppose I misinterpretted this, but based on both results, yours seemed a lot more damning. Oh well. I'm kind of curious myself as to what my powers were.

S

sageridder

I wasn't sure if I was a true seer or not, But it seemed like I had some level of accuracy. It could have been I had real visions some nights and not others or maybe a 50/50 chance each night don't know for sure it didn't last long enough to tell. The only thing I knew for sure was that with us all having some kind of info true or false the only chance we had was to share and cross check each other. Otherwise we would have had people sure they knew who the wolves were and hung them destroying ourselves without needing much help from the wolves.

Melkor

I saw Spiderman as a villager, and then Ransac as a wolf. I assumed from the beginning that I was some sort of inconsistent seer and I was certain of it after everyone started laying out what they had saw. If I was to guess, it probably makes sense that I was going to see innocent then guilty in an alternating pattern.

D

DarthFerret

Wow, that was a funky twist. When we decided to hang Oversoulette (whom I saw as a wolf), I had assumed that I was the true seer, and that the other wolf would have to be spiderman, cause I saw him too! Very frustrating to watch this happen, and think you know what is happening, and see everyone going in the "wrong" direction. Kinda Ironic that Mooseman was my choice to communicate to. Kinda glad now.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, from my point of view, it's a good thing then that you were a victim of Mooseman at night then, 'cause I would have been hanged next!

Z

Zigathon

I saw only innocents during my seeing. My vote for Mooseman was to intice a tie as I was sure my visions were correct after being validated in game. Although, I was throughly confused the whole time. I liked this game. We should try it again. My only complaint is that whoever is being killed by the wolves not be allowed to "give a shout out," so to speak. I think it would be more fun watching a "false seer" ranting and raving about what they saw only to be proven wrong.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
It may be fun to have a game where even the wolves don't know who they are.... just have all players send their "kill" for the night and only use one of the wolves picks.....

E

EricBess

The number of seeing's I don't think had too much to do with it. There were actually 2 "true seers", but there was also an "opposite seer", which is reasonably easy to figure out, so I'm not sure I needed the 2 true seers.

The reason I think it went so fast was just DarthFerret's Dumb Luck (tm?) in choosing he he choice since he was one of the worst seers out there. Of course, he was consistent, so he would have eventually figured out he wasn't a true seer, but may have thought he was seeing the opposite of the truth.

turgy was the most interesting. He didn't see werewolves. Instead, he saw how reliable the person was as a seer. I don't remember the exact wording for either, but it was basically to the effect that what they said couldn't be trusted.

Zigathon and Ransac were the true seers and train already figured out he was probably the reverse seer (which he was).

DarthFerret always saw wolf and Spiderman always saw villager.

Limited and sagerider were basically random what they saw, but balanced to see more villagers than wolves so that it wouldn't be too obvious they weren't true seers. Sagerrider was truely random with about 1/3 chance of seeing wolf and limited would spy on a random person who was left instead of who he wanted to.

I think that just leaves Melkor. He would see the true seers as wolves and everyone else as a villager.

Did I miss anyone?

L

Limited

Those are some complicated rules! I think they would work better in a bigger group, because it gives the players more rounds and thus more visions to determine what kind of seer they are.

But random seeing? There is no way to draw any conclusions from random visions!

I guess that was the point..

E

EricBess

Yes, Limited - if it were easy for everyone to determine whether or not they were a true seer, then effectively, everyone becomes a true seer because they can predict what the true results were based on what they did see.

Train, for example, was convinced that he was the reverse seer, so his "visions" became true seeing just by reversing what he saw. In his case, it was true, but I still pointed out to him that he could very easily be seeing everyone as a werewolf.

E

EricBess

I would like to try it again as well, but I want to try out Mooseman's Vampire first. Maybe that will give some time to think of a few other possible rules for the seer. Its not easy to come up with things that will mislead while still being possible to figure out.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
EricBess said:
The reason I think it went so fast was just DarthFerret's Dumb Luck (tm?)
Yeah. I was all, "Oh crap" when DF fingered me and no one else was doing much accusing.