Werewolf Lite

L

Limited

I say, dear gentlemen, we seem to have beaten the Wolves..

Now lets look around for this inheritance of mine!

E

EricBess

Well, for now, the Inheritance is going to be someone inheriting the game. I've had a lot of fun running werewolf and will do so again in the future, but for now, if someone is interested in taking up the reigns...

Some interesting points of observation. DarthFerret seems to have a knack for getting himself hanged early regardless. I think Homestar did very well considering it is his first game. It's really tough to be a wolf for your first game, particularly when the first wolf was found so quickly.

Orgg - you had me cracking up a couple of times. Go back and re-read my PM...you were getting nothing out of turgy being hanged. It was train you were after...

To explain to everyone else, there was a minor subplot twist going on involving train and orgg. Both knew the other was a villager, but orgg could find out who one of the wolves was if he voted for train to be hanged. I told orgg that train knew he (orgg was a villager also). What I didn't tell either of them was that they were both given the same challenge to hang each other.

The dillema is, do you intentionally try to hang someone that you know is a villager in an attempt to gain more information? If so, do you lose credibility with the other villagers because you were so adamant about the hanging? And finally, how much information do you give to get others to vote with you? After all, finding out who a wolf is doesn't do you much good if the wolfs realize you are getting extra information since they will just take you out before you can pass any of the information along.

train went for a passive approach, saying nothing more than, "I have my reasons" for voting for orgg. Orgg was more agressive in saying why he was voting for turgy, but unfortunately, was going after the wrong person :D.

BTW - DarthFerret was just trying to stir things up by implying there might be a third wolf. It might be an interesting tactic at some point, but as far as this game, there were only two.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
That is a great addition, (two villagers going after each other even though they know the other is just a villager).
But, it makes the werewolfs job a lot harder, since someone other than the seer gets real info on a werewolf.

E

EricBess

It was interesting to see it play out. I don't think it makes it that much harder for the wolves. They just got unlucky this time. If anything, it kept attention away from them for a while. In this game, no one ever received the extra information :D

L

Limited

I like the concept.. perhaps we each could've gotten some additional info. Some extra rules to determine a 'winner' when all the wolves are hanged.

It would take some serious plot writing though :(

Z

Zigathon

Yeah, sorry I wasn't around. Having no internet sucks.
Meh, as I've stated in other threads, I'm back for good.

Also, I managed to evade the noose at the last minute without saying a word. Hooray for passing out drunk!

So, who's taking over the next game? Because I can actually play this time.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks to EricBess for running the past few games of Werewolf! And I have no objections to Oversoul running the next one...

I don't think the subplot twist is much different from the one where I knew Limited was a villager and could "see" who killed him. The hard part was trying to fend off his accusations! :)

What about a rule if people are absent for more than a Game Day, they're out? It hasn't come up before now, but as sageridder indicated, knowing two of the villagers were absent in real life kinda narrowed it down to who really was a werewolf.

L

Limited

Perhaps, in those cases, horrible accidents should happen? People who are absent for too long accidentally fall down a well or something?

D

DarthFerret

I agree. And, as one of the wolves, I dont think that EB's little subplot hurt our chances here any. Like he said, I just have a knack of being targeted early (either hung or eaten). I am still working out exactly why that happens. But his little subplot was never even realized by myself.

Yes, I would love to see Oversoul run one, and would love to be a part of it.

E

EricBess

Spiderman said:
I don't think the subplot twist is much different from the one where I knew Limited was a villager and could "see" who killed him. The hard part was trying to fend off his accusations! :)
In terms of information given, I don't think it differed much at all. That game demonstrated that the winning isn't near as much fun as the playing anyway. I actually liked how this twist played out better because villagers can say more about the hanging than about who the werewolf kills.

Z

Zigathon

After reading the thread, I think having a bit of a subplot is a great idea. As long as its not too complicated. Also, the Ghost Council idea is great, but never utilized. Nevertheless, I wouldn't abandon it just yet.

Nice job on the role-playing!

E

EricBess

The Ghost Counsil almost got to have a say...

I think we could experiement in the future with making the Ghost Counsil a bit more important and still not upset the balance...

O

orgg

I feel like an idiot... HAH!

I go all berzerk on Turgy... and it was Train whom I should've done. Wow, is my face red.

I thought Turgy was just roleplaying quite well.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, the Ghost Council didn't have much to do... but since it pretty much proved to be a non-factor/non-issue, it'd be interesting to see what other things they might be able to do.

I think orgg and turgy22 get the awards for consistently role-playing each game, and great each time! :)

T

train

Maybe the ghost council can intervene in only one hanging, or killing by wolf...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
So do we have a consensus on the ghost council issue? I was under the impression that we wanted to keep it around, but I don't know if anyone ever actually mentioned using it beyond this game. It doesn't seem to matter much, so unless anyone objects, I'll probably just keep it.

I'll also throw a monkey wrench of my own into the next round, but it's not as creative as the ones we've been doing, and it possibly won't end up mattering at all. We'll see...