Werewolf Lite

E

EricBess

Okay, not really "Lite". I just put that there to distinguish the thread.

Here's our "cast of characters":

BigBlue
DarthFerret
Homestar
hrothmar
Limited
Melkor
Mooseman
orgg
Oversoul
sageridder
Spiderman
TheUglyKnight
train
turgy22
Zigathon

Please post and introduce yourself. I'm going to shake things up a bit this time. You have each received a cryptic message to meet at "Werewolf's Gulch". When you get there, you discover that it's a bit of a Ghost Town. Your host, EricBess, is incredibly cryptic and gives you each assignments on where you can spend the night. He promises to explain what is going on the next morning at the tavern and says it has something to do with an inheritance.

There are noises at night. Howling and scraping. Unnatural sounds. A scream pierces the night, but you're sure you were just having a nightmare.

The morning comes and you all meet to finally find out what's going one. The only problem...EricBess is lying in the middle of the tavern, dead. He has managed to scribble a note in his own blood..."...the werewolves are back..."

Now, each of you needs to introduce yourself and answer the following questions:
Where are you from?
What is your occupation?
Why do you think you would be involved in an inheritance?
Do you believe in werewolves?

I have sent role role assignments, but I don't have time to send PMs right now to all of the villagers. If you did not receive a PM, then you are a villager. If you did receive a PM, please respond with an awknowledgement so that I know everyone received their roles.

B

BigBlue

Hi.

I'm a recent immigrant from Germany. I moved here in hopes of bringing the rest of my family to the new world. I am a brewmaster. I actually had no idea why I'd be inheriting anything... I didn't know of any previous family coming here. Werewolves? nah... I don't believe in "monsters". This was a cruel act of violence, to be sure... but I don't think any supernatural power is responsible.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
** Sounds like Clue :)

Hey everyone, I'm Spiderman from the village of Eagle's Point, about a day's travel from here. I make musical instruments. My grandpa used to live here and although we lost touch over the years, I'm his only remaining relative so I could get an inheritance. And yes, I believe in werewolves... my village was once plagued with them also, in the past.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I done traveled 2 days here from the Double R ranch where I cook for the ranch workers and run the chuck wagon on the trail. I have done guard duty for the boss and others on the cattle trail, I figure I was called to help whoever got the inheritance to move it back to where they live. Seeing as I never met a varmint my 6 shooter wouldn't take care of, I ain't afeared of much.

B

BigBlue

(Spidey... I was thinking the same thing.... Col. Mustard in the Library with the Candlestick....)

D

DarthFerret

Ummm....no shur whash ish goin's on here. Was jush supposin to commin heres to getsh shome kinde ov incher....insure...er..shomethin lef me by shome relashion shat me nots knowins bout. If'n you cansht tell....I is from se Irish landssss....and....

**Pulls out a bottle wrapped in brown paper, and drinks noisily from it for about 10 seconds...then puts it back inside his worn patched jacket pocket**

T'was a longish times geddin mes heres.... Thish fellowsss...lookinss... like e's beens murd...mutil....er...um..kilt... mayhappsss..we...shoulddss...doos.s...

**collapses on the floor in an obvious drunken stupor....mumbling to himself...**

Melkor

I'm from New York city and am a gentleman of leisure. I travel about enjoying the finer things in life and getting involved in adventures. I'm always inheriting something, my family is quite large and quite wealthy, I assumed this was a cousin or a nephew I'd never met. Of course I believe in werewolves, there was quite the nasty affair with werewolves the last time I was in London. Made it nearly impossible to get any decent Chinese food.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I am a zoologist. I study wolf subspecies for Stanford University. I have no idea why I'd be involved in any inheritance. No one in my family has died recently. Perhaps the inheritance in question involves a substantial donation to the university and I was called as the nearest representative, although that would be rather strange, I should think.

Do I believe in werewolves? My friends, I am a scientist: I don't believe in anything.

D

DarthFerret

** jerks akwardly back to his feet **

Univerchishy, Whish unversitaliy did ye shay? Why, I whash a gladden to leave me jobs cleansins up sha floorsh an sha loo's an a Dublin Universha......er...univershal-see.

Huh.....wha....shid yous shay werewolvshhh.???? Whereshayat? Huh....waitss jush one minutesh here....theresh no sush thins as.... wereshma.....er...

** colapses back into a heap on the floor **

S

sageridder

I'm originally from Austria. I've traveled all over this country as a merchant selling hardware and prospecting supplies in too many towns to remember. As for an inheritance I'm unsure. My family was fairly poor, maybe someone I've met here in my travels but I wouldn't hazzard a guess as to from who. Werewolves maybe, I have never seen one myself but I've seen to many strange things to rule it out.

L

Limited

Well I'll say..

Goodday gentlemen.
My name is Sir Limited and I have travelled from the motherland following the instructions of the late Mr Bess. Twenty years ago, when my brother went away to make his fortune in the new world.
He has obviously succeeded, but Lady Luck it seems was not on his side; I've come to collect the fortune he has undoubtedly left me and then I'll be pleased to bid this forsaken continent adieu! Though clearly a horrid accident has befallen Mr Bess, I see no reason why I should be delayed.

O

orgg

Yes-sah! I am-ah a wondering Preach-ah! I hav-ah a small-ah 'mount-ah abili-tah letting me see-ah into the ways of the lord-ah!

All repent-ah with sin on their hearts-ah, and you shall be cleansed-ah with the tears of the innocent-ah!

Yaeeeesaaasssss!

H

hrothmar

Goodday,

I am a elementary school teacher from the nearby town of Leikann. I am considered strict, yet fair and I do not spare the cane when the occasion warrants it. I have come to claim the funds which are left, I have no doubt, for the elementary school of Leikann to receive. I do not believe in such children's tales as werewolves. Obviously, we have a vicious murderer in our midst.

turgy22

Nothing Special
Why hello, gentleman. I'm Miss Turgy. Came all the way here from Las Vegas, where me and some girl friends of mine work to keep travelin' men company on those long trips they take away from their families. As far as this inheritence is concerned, well I have had a great many men fall deeply in love with me and some were quite wealthy. I can only assume that one of these fine gentlemen must have remembered how much I enjoy the finer things in life and guaranteed that I would not have to continue doing the work I do to ensure that I am well taken care of. Oh! If only I could have known who it was and made sure that he was properly thanked for his kindness!

I'm not sure about any of this wolf business. Surely this was the act of a sick man, perhaps under the influence of the bottle. I've never seen a werewolf, but I've seen many men perform many violent acts for no good reason.

T

TheUglyKnight

Hi folks
The Names TheUglyKnight, photographer extraordinaire for the National Enquirer. Came all the way out from the San Francisco office when I got a message about inheriting something. I've always been pretty lucky (one time I lucked into a picture of an alien abduction) so it's pretty possible I inherited something nice. And I sure as heck believe in werewolves. I one time had a photo of one but they wouldn't publish it because it was "obviously faked"
::takes out camera and begins snapping pictures of Bess's body::

T

train

Hello all...

I've come here from just East o' the river... I'm merely a journalist making notes of what I see across the lands... Got note I would have an inheritance - but it could only be from a distant relative...

I heard all the raucus last night, and according to the dead man's statement, there are werewolves, but I haven't seen any myself...

Does anyone have any tales they would like to share?...

E

EricBess

Seems we have a couple that haven't checked in yet....Don't know if that's suspicious or not ;) Further inspection of the grounds show tufts of hair and other strange evidences. Hmm...

So, at this point, everyone needs to find some evidence of a werewolf. Please post what evidence you find and where you find it. A couple of rules...

1) the evidence you find must appear to incriminate someone.
2) the evidence you find must not appear to incriminate someone that was already incriminated by someone else. Each person may only be incriminated once.

I might suggest that the first couple of people check out the missing players.

Note - This searching is going to take some time...all of the day in fact. If anyone feels inclined to make accusations, go ahead, but unlike other games of werewolf, there will be no hangings today. Once everyone has had a chance to post their "evidence", we will move onto night time.

S

sageridder

Not feeling well after seeing the body I made a beeline for the outhouse.When I looked in the hole to be sure no varmet hade taken up house in there I spotted a piece of cloth and retrived it. It was badly shredded, but the odd thing was that it was covered with sequins.

*OOC* Is the body disembowled and the like or just lying in a pool of blood?***