Werewolf 14: The Duke

Melkor

Everyone gapes at Mooseman and tries to make sense of his words. Then the lever is pulled and Mooseman suddenly falls through the trap door and his neck is instantly snapped. His death is almost immediately followed by the transformation that was both hoped for but also dreaded. His arms grow large (the better to hug you with), his legs as well grow big (the better to run with), his ears grow (the better to hear you with), as well as his eyes (the better to see you with) and finnally his teeth become awfully large (the better to eat you with). You have managed to hang one of the evil creatures and gain respite for one more night.

Those who will be stirring this evening message me with their choices.

Melkor

(Sorry for all the delays, but I guess we should finish this up)

After a long night of waiting, the three remaining survivors gather together to access the damage. Oversoul's door has been destroyed and he has been torn apart in a brutal display of savagery. Among the torn apart remains of Oversoul's body are also torn apart letters that while soaked through with blood, still show the signatures of several powerful nobles in the land. Of more immediate concern is the fact that a werewolf still walks among you and with only three people left, time has just about run out.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
** Are the letters important? It's been so long that I kinda forgot about this thing too...

"Well, three of us left and our last chance to end this. I know I'm not a werewolf and I still have no idea about you other two so I'll stick with whom I've been voting for: Ransac

E

EricBess

The wolve's last words were clearly intended to mislead, but how? Is it too obvious a ploy to make us think that Ransac is his cohort? Honestly, I could see it either way.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
My good Spiderman. Allow me to shed some light on this subject as only I, Sir Inspector Reginald Alfred Peppiton, can truthfully state. THAT'S right. INSPECTOR! and I've been keeping a close eye on the situation.

You ask about these letters from and to nobles. These letters were part of Oversoul plot to overthrow the kingdom. I discovered before his unfortunate demise. He was power hungry and I suppose his late night plotting made him an easy victim for the remaining werewolf. Additionally, you may have noticed that I chose a rather unusual rationale for wanting to hang the monster Mooseman. There is a good reason for this, which is the same reason why I am a remarkable detective...

I have the gift of extra sensory perceptive, or ESP. I have had this gift since I was a young lad, when my friends nicknamed me The Seer. This gift of mine drew me to this manor, where I sensed a growing evil presence. Unfortunately, I did not have time early on to spot that train was innocent. For that I am truly sorry. After this, I decided to lay low during my time here and use my first night to investigate my first suspect: Mooseman. Turns out to be a wise choice as I witnessed a monstrous transformation that nearly made me wet my pantaloons!! So, I had to devise a plot to get him voted to hang, which was assuredly successful. I had hoped that this beast was the only one, which we know is not the case....

Last night, I investigated Oversoul, wondering if there was competition between Mooseman and Oversoul as wolves, since Oversoul voted for Mooseman. Unfortunately, my hunch was wrong, but I DID uncover a massive plot to overthrow our kingdom. I was about to send for the police when I heard our recent corpse being mangled by our remaining beast. I hid for cover as best I could until the lupine left.

So now, with one evening left, I must deduce which of the two of you is the remaining werewolf. State your cases gentlemen.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"The Seer, eh? Well, if we are to take you at your word, then that would mean EricBess is the wolf... or you're trying to save your neck..."

E

EricBess

I have to agree with Spiderman that it seems like perhaps you are trying to save your neck...Let me turn this back on you a bit Ransac. Yesterday, I was in a position to choose who hung - Mooseman or yourself. If I and Mooseman were indeed fellow wolves, simply killing yourself and another in the night would have put us in a true position of power. However, I am not the wolf and I instead chose to send the vote to the ghost counsil because, to be brutally honest, I had no idea between the two of you which was most likely to be the wolf.

So, I find myself in a predicament. I am clearly not a wolf. I have little reason of my own to suspect Spiderman and every reason to suspect you. However, your stated goal here makes things much more interesting, I must say...I shall have to dwell on that, but I must reflect your question and ask you and Spiderman to state your case.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
My case has been stated. My deduction of the two of you is leaning towards EricBess. You stated that Mooseman's last words were an "obvious ploy," but now you have every reason to vote for me. Spidey was quick to state that I may be trying to save my neck (OOC: but he says that everytime the seer reveals himself :D), but that's just an observation. EricBess, for your quick re-rationale, I believe you wish to "shut up" the seer and end this for yourself.

But, it's currently just a "leaning" in your direction EricBess. What do you have to say to get me to suspect otherwise?

Ransac, cpa trash man

E

EricBess

So Ransac, you are saying that I might be the wolf? I might have decided not to simply vote for you and win the game if that were the case?

My problem is this - if you are indeed the seer, and I'm not saying you aren't, you probably should have come forward yesterday. The problem is, coming forward today there is no way to prove or disprove whether you are a wolf or a seer. Part of me thinks that Spiderman has been a bit too quiet recently.

However, I'm completely comfortable if you want to vote for me. I'll vote for Spiderman and we'll kick the whole thing back once again to the ghost counsel. They called it right last time. Assuming, that is, that there was even the posibility of calling it wrong.

BTW - as far as "shutting up" the seer...from what? One way or the other, this is over after this vote and you've made your statement.

E

EricBess

Done. My vote is for Spiderman then.

Rasac - please understand that it's not that I don't trust what you are saying. I've made a living that doesn't involve trusting people anyway, so it's not personal. But either way, you have to admit that the timing of the admission is awefully suspicious since there is no way of proving it one way or the other.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Indeed.

If Spidey votes for me, I'll vote for EricBess. However, if he votes for EricBess and doesn't want this to go to the council, I'll vote for Spidey.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Melkor

Alright, assuming that both of you are determined to take it to the Ghost Council then Spiderman couldn't prevent it even if he had an objection. Therefore, I'm going to expedite this and call the Ghost Council for a vote at their convenience and put this particular game out of its misery, one way or the other.

Spiderman, Ericbess, and Ransac are your options

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
** Sorry guys, I assumed you also read the Off-Topic in which you would have known I was off last week on vacation - my last day was the 30th, so I couldn't have replied afterwards. Kicking it to the Ghost Council, i.e. "Fate" :) is fine with me though