Werewolf 12: The Valley of Shadows

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I guess, I'm not too sure of the timeline. Just when I logged in on Monday after the weekend, I had all of the PMs about who to vote for and Oversoul saying it was you, but when I got to the Werewolf thread I saw that DF had already posted our victim. So I guess DF thought we were all set when I guess we really weren't.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
DarthFerret said:
Ok, yes, the game for all intents and purposes was over when Sageridder was hung and Train et. However, I was trying to add just a bit more flavor and excitement to it. A bit of "suspension of disbelief" if you will. I am not sure what Oversoul was trying to accomplish being as his entire role was to allow Moose to win. Even in death, since Moose wins, so does Oversoul.

As a side note, I am kinda curious what everyone thought of my "twist" to this game. I would especially like the opinion of Oversoul, as he may be able to provide an insight as to how this changed his strategy a bit...
Well, it might have mattered more if I had lived more than one day. Hard to do any swaying in that time and it didn't seem to have any effect.

You never mentioned anything about me trying to sway the ghost council or even being on it at all initially. I was puzzled that people thought I was on the ghost council and by the time I figured out that this was correct it was apparently too late for me to do anything.

I was trying to kill Mooseman because he killed me. I've never heard of a ghost trying to protect its murderer.

E

EricBess

Oversoul - I think the point was that even though you were a villager, you were effectively on the werewolf team. So if the villagers win, you lose.

It actually makes it more interesting with you being on the ghost counsil because if a wolf dies, they don't get to participate on the counsil, only villagers. With the master wolf on the counsil, it's a voice who knows who the wolf is, but is trying to keep him alive. Guess that works better if he realizes :D

Anyway, I liked the final vote going to the counsil, but I think at that point, maybe the best you can do is a tie. If the villager is hanged, he's hanged and the wolf wins. If the wolf his hanged, then there is a struggle to do it and the villager gets killed also in the process, resulting in a tie.

Otherwise, like has been commented, you might as well just end the game after sageridder is hanged.

Too bad everyone knew the wolf at that point. I was interested in seeing whether or not my strategy worked or whether everyone would have hanged me anyway. If Oversoul hadn't told, who would have thought I was the wolf?

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I think there is a certain element of crunching numbers in this game. The Seer trys to get the wolves hung, but also if the numbers are correct, they declare themselves to save the village, the same should also be true for the wolves.
You shouldn't penalize the wolf for doing a good job, and then I could never have won the game as the way it played out was my only win condition.

I do like the master wolf and it's part on the ghost council.... that is a good twist when there is only 1 wolf.

Melkor

Actually, I voted to hang EricBess for the sole reason that if he was the werewolf and he'd been running the Scooby Doo thing the whole time, I had to give him the opportunity to finish it up with, "And I would have gotten away with it . . ."

E

EricBess

lol. Yep, that would have been a good one had I actually been the werewolf, Melkor. ;)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
EricBess said:
Oversoul - I think the point was that even though you were a villager, you were effectively on the werewolf team. So if the villagers win, you lose.

It actually makes it more interesting with you being on the ghost counsil because if a wolf dies, they don't get to participate on the counsil, only villagers. With the master wolf on the counsil, it's a voice who knows who the wolf is, but is trying to keep him alive. Guess that works better if he realizes :D
Maybe, but after I died they did know that I wasn't a normal villager and might have deduced that I was trying to make the wolf win. I guess in this instance they did trust me anyway...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I forgot you weren't a normal villager by that time :)

If you hadn't told us who the wolf was, it would have been a toss-up for me. I still wasn't sure who it was by the final vote.

D

DarthFerret

So the final consensus is that the "Master Wolf" was a good twist, but will need some tweaking (especially now that everyone will know when he dies that he is "abnormal"). His role on the Ghost Council seems to be up in the air, since he KNOWS the wolf's identity....

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I say let him die as a normal villager so he can be on the Council and work for the Wolf's side there...

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Yes, don't give him away if he dies. And since it only comes into play if there is a tie, the ghost council twist is ok.

D

DarthFerret

Look at it this way, Ransac, If you run it you will not be the seer!

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Still pooey......

.....*sigh* I suppose I'll attempt to devise a plan for all of this.

Ransac, cpa trash man