Werewolf 12: The Valley of Shadows

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I neer expected to see the sun rise again after I voted for Spiderman, as I thought he was the wolf and had duped Ransac. But when Spidey was kilt in the night, I was a starting to worry about that Train fella who wanted the ghosts to choose......and they got it wrong. It don't look good for me. I never figured it was EB, so Ransac was right after all....

D

DarthFerret

As the sun starts to descend, slowly the members of the Ghost council appear, one by one they turn and point towards Mooseman. Thier actions completed, they start to fade away....

A shocked and then outraged look comes over Mooseman, as Eric Bess approches with the rope. They begin to struggle, Mooseman obviously not wanting to be a willing participant. Thier struggles last a good while as the sun starts to set, EricBess seeming to begin to overpower Mooseman. As the sun finally sets, and just as EricBess pins Mooseman to the ground, small tufts of fur start appearing around Moosemans neck, and face. He turns and the scene becomes too gruesome for words.

After the meal, Mooseman attempts to escape into the night....

I was unsure of the way things were supposed to work in the event of a 1-1 tie at the end. It makes no sense to me that the wolf would not be able to overpower a regular man, especially as it nears nightfall. The reason that Sageridder was not allowed to participate was because Mooseman sent his last kill to him, instead of to me.

The twist, that actually ended up having very little effect on this game, was Oversoul. He was the "Master" werewolf, who having passed on his gene to Mooseman (who was not aware of his identity) only had one goal. To try and sway voting away from the real wolf. He did not have the power to kill. Just to take suspicion off of the real wolf. As was guessed correctly in HindSight, Ransac was the seer, again. Hope you guys enjoyed this....

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
It was a nice game, but if Mooseman was going to live/win anyway, what was the point of having the Ghost Council choose this last time? The game should have just ended after the hanging from the previous day.

Oversoul said we should have chosen Mooseman at the last council vote, but I think he got his opinion in too late as DF had already posted the results of the council "vote" by that time (over the weekend). I didn't have a chance to hear/question Oversoul why he felt that Mooseman was the wolf.

But good game!

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
In the live game, a "villager" can only be hung by a majority vote, when it's 1 on 1 there is no majority vote and the remaining wolf wins. Our ghost council adds an interesting twist to the game.
I'm not sure how this should be handled.
It was good game, being the only wolf was tense, any misstep and game over...

T

train

Guess the census won't be a high number for this region... :p

Good game!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, but once it was one on one, the Council didn't even need to vote. We know the outcome since we voted you and if we voted EB, you still would have won. So it didn't matter either way.

So once we hung train "yesterday", the game was effectively over.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
It was fun.... but I can't tell you how sick and tired I am of constantly being the frickin' Seer.

Note to all: Odds are, I'm the seer. No matter what... unless you're a wolf. Then, you don't need to worry about me and you can let me live. :D

Ransac, cpa trash man

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
True, it was over when the villagers hung Sageridder.

But what else is there to do, does the wolf have to survive until he is the majority?

It may help if there is only one wolf, then there should be an even number of villagers so that the last day (if it lasts that long) would have 1 wolf and 2 villagers, hang someone and if it's not the wolf the last villager is eaten that night.

With 2 wolves it makes it easier, since they can form a voting bloc....

Still fun to get Ransac the Seer hung once again.... :D
That make me the wolf 2 or 3 times so far.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not saying there's anything else to do, just that we kinda "wasted" a couple of days, since the Council's vote was irrevelent to the outcome. The game could have ended Monday or whenever train was hanged.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Train was et on Monday and yeah the game should have just ended then, but did the ghost council know I was the wolf or was that a coin flip guess?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Oversoul knew you were the wolf. Although in retrospect, maybe he shouldn't have been on the council because of that knowledge. He didn't convey it in time for the last vote, otherwise we would have chosen you instead of train.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I thought for a second that if he was trying to protect you, he may have been trying to lead us astray. But, it didn't matter.

Ransac, cpa trash ma

Melkor

We could just have the Ghost Council animate and do the hanging. I remember one of the narrators describing the hanging as the Ghost's basically rushing the chosen person and killing them.

D

DarthFerret

Ok, yes, the game for all intents and purposes was over when Sageridder was hung and Train et. However, I was trying to add just a bit more flavor and excitement to it. A bit of "suspension of disbelief" if you will. I am not sure what Oversoul was trying to accomplish being as his entire role was to allow Moose to win. Even in death, since Moose wins, so does Oversoul.

As a side note, I am kinda curious what everyone thought of my "twist" to this game. I would especially like the opinion of Oversoul, as he may be able to provide an insight as to how this changed his strategy a bit...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I was also confused as I was unaware that there WAS a twist. I mean, it's because Oversoul was killed the first day, so there wasn't too much he could do...

But since he knew who the werewolf was, he probably shouldn't have been on the Council.

D

DarthFerret

Actually, that was part of the "twist", as even on the council he could still try to sway any tie votes the "wrong" way. I assumed that he knew this, but maybe not.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
The twist was funny, since I killed Oversoul because he seemed to be the least dangerous to me and his death wouldn't throw any suspision on me. Maybe I should have known that I had a confederate, but not who it was.

And having a confederate mole on the ghost council would be interesting.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think Oversoul realized his role then, because he flat out said that Mooseman was the wolf and posted the PM that said it. :D oops...