Werewolf 12: The Valley of Shadows

D

DarthFerret

The small valley encampment of prospectors has been peaceful enough. The workers are hard and honest workers, and there is very little in the way of thievery, debauchery or drunkeness. The gold mine does not yeild enough to send anyone on their way to Bel Aire or anything, however it does help eck out a modest living for those who work there.

All this ended with a tragic accident, the mine collapsed! Several people were trapped for a short time, but no one was permanately harmed. This collapse opened up a huge chasm in an unexpolred area. Everyone was excited to begin mining this untaped resource....until.........

You are all tucked into your bunks for the night, everyone sleeping in a seperate tent. Suddenly an extreemly loud growl fills the night, way to close for comfort. You cower under your blankets in fear, slightly guilt-ridden for you cowardice. However, in the morning your fears are justified. The foreman, DarthFerret, does not come out of his tent to issue the days work schedule. In fact, upon closer examination, you find him to be partially eaten. This is enough of a shocker, when you notice scrawled on one of the tent walls..the word.... "WEREWOL" with a line trailing down the side of the wall.

It is safe to assume there is a werewolf among you. The only recourse is to hang one person a day, and hope you can ferret out the source of this scourge.

Ok.....Go!!!!!

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
"WEREWOL"? I wonder what it could mean. It must be some sort of code. Any code breakers here?

D

DarthFerret

BTW forgot to mention, each nightfall will occur on Thursday, so that Friday I should be able to post the results for weekend discussion.....

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
HOO-dog!!!!!! They got the foreman!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I TOLD him that if he did'na do his taxes, then they'sll come after h....

WEREWOLF!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?! Oh, NO SIR!!! I'mma gedd'n me outta this place. Gold's ain't worth it to me. I'm gonna heads to my cousin up in Rock Ridge, the slate quarry. You gentlemens enjoy this wolf problem ON YOU OWN.

*Ransac is about to get his things, when...*

Ransac, cpa trash man

T

train

"It's code allright... code for "I'm going to write this in my own blood to save some of my workers, but most of them won't have a clue as to what's going on, so I won't even finish spelling it for them..."

W-E-R-E-W-O-L-F - spels werewolf... maybe it was werewolves... don't really know... but...

All of us are in danger... unless we hang the wolf/ves...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"I'm with Ransac. I didn't sign on to face no werewolves. I came to mine gold. So let's skedaddle and get on out of here before any more of us get eaten."

Melkor

...Ransac's attempt to flee is abruptly ended when he trips over his own loose fitting coveralls that don't quite cover all.

"I'm sure we'd all like to run and hide, but some of us have jobs to do. As the Official Census Taker for the kingdom, it's my job to fully and accurately record the population of this village, and I ain't going back with zero people and one werewolf on my ledgers. You two better just sit tight while we figure all this out and anyone who runs will be in violation of the official Census Act of ought-seven. Besides, I have questions to ask about everyone's backgrounds, and remember, our kingdom runs on this information so do your duty and answer the questions."

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I'm a thinking this har Melkor fella be a revenuer. They already a take a enough of my money and I don't a make much anyway. This har new mine may make us all rich.

S

sageridder

Well I ain't leavin. No sir ain't a man nor beasty gonna jump my claim. Anybody comes to my claim unannounced is leavin with a butt full of lead includin that got dang revenuer. What's mine is mine, ain't no got dang tax man gonna take it from me either.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
But Sageridder...

Even businessmen, who rob and cheat and steal from people everyday--even they have to pay taxes!

S

sageridder

I dun gave you fair warnin, show up at my claim and you'll be pickin buckshot from your backside.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"You can be fools if you want. There's always gold somewhere else, but you only live once. I'm outta here."

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Ya durn cowards. Yella bellied curs..... hmmmmm
Naw, I a reckon that even a wolf ain't that a skeared....

Melkor

Mr. Spiderman, I'm afraid you can't leave. As I've already explained our King's census laws forbid it. In fact, your desire to leave when most everyone else wants to stay, and your seeming complete disregard for His Majesty's royal laws rouses the suspicions that you may not be what you claim to be.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"I don't think 'most everyone wants to stay'. They're just too greedy to know better. Your desire to supposedly count me is a good cover to have a ready food supply though..."

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Look, alls you guys, I really don't wanna be here. 's far 's I can tell, there's only one reason why anyone woulds want everybody else to stays here: To eat them. Mr. Melkor, I is insinuating that that is the reason why you'res here. You're the werewolf. Y'all, lets take care of him and then gets outta here!!!

Ransac, cpa trash man

S

sageridder

*** OOC *** Sageridder rolls a 17 and trys to throw chicken poop on ransac's shoes.****

D

DarthFerret

The sun is starting to descend and you all quickly realize that there is little time left in the day. A decision must be made if you are to hae any chance of surviving the night.

**I would like to have the votes in by tommorrow so we can have the hanging and I can do the overnight stuff this weekend.**

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'll vote for Melkor also. I don't see why he can't just mark me down as having "been" here and I can still leave. And I ain't staying to be no food for werewolves!

T

train

I have to say, a census taker does seem a little out of place... and if the killin' just started... well, he just arrived... "to count" as he calls it...

Melkor