Werewolf 11: The Revenge

D

DarthFerret

Well, I guess I will put my neck on the line, as it is pretty obvious that Spiderman is the fiend, and if we don't hang him now, I am pretty much assured a death sentance..

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Wait a minute! How's it obvious that *I'm* the fiend? Is it because I haven't given you any pistachios? Here...

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Spiderman said:
Wait a minute! How's it obvious that *I'm* the fiend?
The last vote did it. Unless the last wolf sacrificed his partner in crime, you are the fiend by simple deductive reasoning.
If I or Melkor were the fiend we would have voted for Oversoul to at least send it into a tie and if either Train, Oversoul or DF were the fiend, then they were knowingly voting for their partner.
Seems fairly straight forward.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
So the remaining wolf sacrificing his partner *isn't* a possibility at this point?

If you were the wolf (and obviously Melkor wasn't), wouldn't switching your vote to send it into a tie be pretty suspicious in itself? You might have figured at that point, you might as well sacrifice EricBess because while not switching your vote means EricBess will hang, switching your vote would send up a red flag and give 50/50 to EricBess hanging but also give people a clue as to who the second wolf is.

Where's the seer? Did he get killed already? If not, maybe he can offer some certainties as to who's a villager at this point.

T

train

I ain't no seer, but I know what I know, and that's EB over thare was definitely a wolf...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
If Mooseman is innocent, it's possible that in his shock he neglected to notice that he needn't account for Melkor. If he were a wolf, that would be a bizarre little comment to make. It doesn't seem like something a wolf would do. And if DarthFerret were a wolf, he would not have jumped in and (as he put it), stuck his neck out.

I think they're both innocent.

Really, that leaves Train and Spiderman. And I have no reason to suspect Train...

I hate to say it, but you're my most likely candidate, Spiderman. I believe I must vote for you.

turgy22

Nothing Special
Votes so far:
Mooseman - Spiderman
DarthFerret - Spiderman
Oversoul - Spiderman

Spiderman and Train haven't voted, but it doesn't look like it makes a difference, since Spidey will still have the majority. I'll give him the opportunity for any last words and then let the hanging commence.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I'm sorry you think I'm the werewolf - who can pick pistachios better than me? But if that's the way it's gotta be...

* crams my mouth full of pistachios on the way to the gallows

turgy22

Nothing Special
Spiderman is led to the gallows. Oversoul and train hold him still while DarthFerret fits the noose around his neck. Mooseman releases the platform and Spiderman drops heavily upon the rope, sending pistachios flying out of his mouth. He twitches and lies still for a moment. Then he twitches again, more violently this time. His arms grow long and hairy. His face elongates and sharp teeth poke out from between his lips.

You stand for a moment longer as you come to the realization that your beloved town pistachio-eater was a werewolf all along.

You breathe a sigh of relief as another dastardly fiend is put to death. The night is quiet, as are the nights that follow it. It seems your quiet town has finally put an end to its werewolf problem and can continue living in peace.

The End.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Good game!

Man, we got got in a bind way early on. I think it's bad to "role-play" a politician, because everyone seems to jump on you just because you're seen as "dishonest" or whatever. So EricBess got tagged pretty early and then because he switched his vote to Oversoul, who I had voted at random from Day 1, we were seen as in cahoots.

So who was the seer? Did we at least get him?

Melkor

I think this is the first time I've ever been killed by werewolves rather than being hanged. I guess there is just something about me that makes people suspicious, although, I've never actually been a werewolf.

E

EricBess

Spiderman said:
Good game!

Man, we got got in a bind way early on. I think it's bad to "role-play" a politician, because everyone seems to jump on you just because you're seen as "dishonest" or whatever. So EricBess got tagged pretty early and then because he switched his vote to Oversoul, who I had voted at random from Day 1, we were seen as in cahoots.
I actually considered the risk before deciding to be a politician, but I figured I would be okay. When Ransac jumped in as a rival politician, things got a bit hairy (no pun intended). As for Oversoul, I actually was the first to cast suspicion on him, but yes, we did end up in a bit of a pickle looking like we were coordinating.

I'm not sure why you offed Melkor, though. He cast the vote on day 2 that let me achive a tie-breaker. With 3 people voting for me day 2, that doesn't leave too many suspicious people. I think keeping Melkor around would have at least bought another turn...

I tried to imply with my death that you guys weren't even suspecting the second wolf, but either you figured that was a ploy or you just ignored it as the ramblings of a mad man... :D

turgy22

Nothing Special
Sageridder was the seer, killed on the first night. For shame.

I was really hoping to get some new people as werewolves, but the only fair way to decide is assigning them randomly and the numbers came up for Spidey and EricBess, as they seem to always do.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, really. I've been a werewolf a LOT.

EricBess: As I rambled to turgy22 in my PM as I was trying to decide who to kill, none of the choices were good. If I killed anyone who voted for you or me, that looks like retaliation. And if I killed Oversoul, that still looks bad. train and DF looked like they were just going with the crows; they didn't really suspect anyone. So they were the better choices to keep alive. But Mooseman and Melkor had it out for you so...

I just picked Melkor <shrug>

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Melkor said:
I think this is the first time I've ever been killed by werewolves rather than being hanged. I guess there is just something about me that makes people suspicious, although, I've never actually been a werewolf.
Maybe too many people here have read The Silmarillion?

Melkor

Curse my evil reputation, unfounded I say, unfounded! Mindless propaganda designed to incriminate the innocent!