Werewolf 11: The Revenge

turgy22

Nothing Special
Alright. Time to get this party started. We have a small group this time, so I'm not going to do anything crazy. Standard rules. 2 Werewolves. 1 Seer. Every night, the werewolves choose a kill and the seer picks someone to see. All roles were assigned randomly and I PMed everyone with their role, so if you didn't get one, let me know. These are the people I have listed as participating:

Ransac
Spiderman
EricBess
Mooseman
DarthFerret
Train
Melkor
Sageridder
Oversoul

Every Thursday, I will tally the votes first thing in the morning (~8am EST). By Friday morning, I'll need to know who the werewolves want to kill and if the person hanged has any last words.

One stipulation: Everyone must vote every week. No abstentions. If you don't vote, I'll assume you're not playing. In case of a tie, there will be a revote, using the top receivers.

I think that covers the basics, so let's get on with the game:

A storm surrounds your village as you lie in bed. You are awakened by a clap of thunder overhead and have trouble falling back asleep as the rain pours down on the roof of your thatched hut. You hear a howl in the distance. Some time goes by and another howl pierces the storm, but this time, it's much closer. You hear the blast of a gun and then a blood-curdling scream. You quickly jump under your bed and hide there for the rest of the night, lying in a pool of your own cowardice. The howls continue, moving farther away, and you gradually nod off to sleep.

A beam of light through the window interrupts your slumber. You get up, change your pants, and step outside to inspect the state of your village. Just as you feared, Turgy, the most noble warrior in the land, lies slain in the middle of the town square. Teeth and claw marks adorn is tattered body. It has been a great many years since he came to the village and killed the local werewolf population, but it appears that some of these werewolves survived and lay dormant, awaiting the time when they could strike and reclaim the town and its vast wealth of pistachio trees.

Although all hope seems lost, you remember that Turgy had a gift for seeing through the guise of a werewolf. The many years of peace and pistachio-powered prosperity must have caught him off guard, since he had no need to use such a gift. But perhaps he taught that trade to one of the other villagers before his passing. It may be your only hope of surviving before these creatures complete their vengeance.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
*Ransac, the village dirt-digger, comes walking along, singing a song.*

Dig...dirt...Dig...dirt...Dig...dirt...Dig...dirt...Dig...dirt...Dig...dirt...Dig...dirt...Dig...dirt...
Diggin' Dirt is what I do best!

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!! TURGY22 HAS BEEN DECIMATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, better start givin' him a proper burial.

*Starts digging while singing the song again.*

Ransac, cpa trash man

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
*Spidey, the village pistachio eater, comes strolling along

Eat..pistachios, eat..pistachios, eat pistachios, that's what I do best!

Hey, is that turgy22 there? What happened?

** Helps dig a grave then picks a few pistachios

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Mooseman, the undertaker, starts to measure Turgy22 for his casket. "May another take your place and save this town from that which did you in."

D

DarthFerret

DarthFerret the carpenter pauses for a long moment of silence for the loss of Turgy22, and then awaits the measurements from Mooseman so that he can build the casket...

S

sageridder

*Sageridder the barkeep stands there in shock.
This is truely a sad time for us all. After the services we shall all have a drink on the house to honor and pay homage our old friend Turgy22.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I guess we'll need some pistachios to go with our drinks

** Starts picking extra pistachios

Melkor

**Brother Melkor approaches, making the sign of the cross

Oh Lord who art perfect in every way, in your wisdom you have take turgy22 away from us. Yet his death warns this humble village of a greater threat to all of us. Creatures that are completely bereft of your light and love have come amongst us and will surely devour us one by one if we do not follow the path you have laid us to salvation. We must hang the evil monsters in the sight of the Lord so that they may know that no devil escapes his wrath. Amen!

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
*Oversoul, the not quite so noble a warrior as Turgy, steps forward.*

When I find the mongrels that killed Turgy, I'll...

...say some very mean things to them.

E

EricBess

EricBess, the Mayor, mutters under his breath about approval ratings and he realizes his chances for re-election are rapidly flying out the window. "Toss me some of those nuts. I'm going to need them..."

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
*Ransac, who is not only the town dirt-digger but is ALSO the mayor's opponent in the upcoming elections, has finished digging the grave and requests that Oversoul help him bury the body.*

Mayor, how could your administration fail to forsee a potential Werewolf problem in our town?!?! I demand answers!!!.... And Oversoul, stop squirming and help me properly bury this deceased, noble hero.

Ransac, cpa trash man

E

EricBess

My esteemed and respected opponent. I must graciously ask that we not stoop to mudslinging for the upcoming campagn. I'm still scrubbing from your antics in the previous election. After all, I have not brought into light your late-night trists into the more questionable parts of town as a sign of your apparent moral decay, have I now?

I do, however, feel that it is relevant to the current situation to point out your recent agressive lobbying for minority right. The stated documents were clearly written as an end-run around the current equality legislation in an attempt to give unnecessary power to, among other groups, known werewolves. Is it possible that you fratranize with such individuals yourself?

In the meantime, let's set aside our differences and work together to help give our noble hero a proper burial.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
** Spidey hands some nuts to EricBess, then realizes that he himself is out of nuts. Starts picking some more.

S

sageridder

Well now that the hero Turgy is buried someone should say a few words. Perhaps Brother Melkor would be best perform the task at hand. I Then invite you all to my tavern to have a drink in toast of our fallen hero, to rember better days.

T

train

Train, the town blacksmith, makes his way to the scene...

"Seems we're all going to be in some trouble as Turgy was the only one of us who could truly see the wolves...

As for ye two politicians, both of you have your problems and neither of you is fit to be mayor...

Turgy... may your spirit guide us through these troubled times..."

(Checks his belt for his smithy tools and then settles amongst the somber...)

Melkor

Oh Lord, take your humble servant into the next life and heal the wounds made in this flawed world. turgy22 served Your will in destroying the previous werewolf infestation, but as this world is imperfect, so was his victory over evil. Still he has been called to your side and has left us to carry on Your work on earth. If we follow the path that turgy22 showed us in life, then we shall escape death at the hands of these evil creatures. His noble spirit and his keen vision were given to him by Your glory, and we must pray that these gifts have been passed down amongst those who must carry on without him.

turgy22

Nothing Special
Just a reminder: I'm planning to tally the votes on Thursday, so start throwing some accusations around. If no one is ready to start the voting just yet, I can give you an extra week before ending the day, but I don't want this game to drag on. We'll see what tomorrow brings before I make my decision.

E

EricBess

Well Ransac, you're work is completely about dirt. Either digging it or slinging it. Let's hear your stance on the issue. I've always been clear about my anti-werewolf stance.

So, who is the wolf? I happen to be pro-seer and turgy was a loyal aide, but alas, I was too busy myself for his offered teachings.

I think we need to look at who had the most to gain by turgy's death. I can't help but wonder if the not-so-noble warrior was also a bit jealous of turgy's status. What have you to say for yourself Oversoul?

***OOC - train - what do you expect? We're politicians. What politician ever is fit to be mayor?

D

DarthFerret

Well, as much as I hate to be throwing around acusations without any proof, it appears that our good sherrif may be a bit stumped on this one. The only thing I can see clearly is that it must have been one of supreme strength. The strongest person in this town is the blacksmith.

I do not wish to make any enemies by being the first to throw somethin out, however, Train, can you tell us what you were doing on the evening of the unfortunate demise of our beloved turgy22?