Werewolf 11: The Revenge

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I'm not trying to form any cabals or whatever. I just think EricBess is a werewolf. He voted for me and he voted for Ransac. Those are the only two people that I know are not wolves.

Melkor

This lack of efficiency in rooting out real werewolves is threatening to suppress the evangelical vote.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Well Melkor, do you take a stand or stand on the graveside?
I am really confused. Does anyone have any insights to this enigma?
I am tempted to suspect those who follow others in the voting......

E

EricBess

Oversoul - I've already admited that I have no "inside information", therefore, I'm in the same boat you are. I know that Ransac wasn't a wolf (though it would have been fairly vindicating, I'm ashamed to admit, had he been) and I know that I am not a wolf.

I have your word that you are not a wolf, just as you have mine. What's that worth for either one of us? I have always fought for the rights and protection of every legitimate member of society and would hope that I have earned your trust by now.

As I've already stated, if there is a reason to suspect someone else, I'm open to considering alternatives. I only vote for you because you indeed had the most to gain by turgy's demise. Personally, I lost a friend and a confidant.

Mooseman - your comments make it seem as if you are convinced that both wolves have already voted...

T

train

I must say... though I understand a neck on the chopping block - I cna only venture to make it not my neck...

The more politicians speak, sometimes the more cloudy things get... I'm not sure as to whether the mayor is shooting straight... if so, why turn on us now?...

I don't really know who a wolf is, but EricBess remains my vote...

turgy22

Nothing Special
Votes so far:
Oversoul - EricBess
EricBess - Oversoul
DarthFerret - EricBess
Spiderman - Oversoul
Train - EricBess

EricBess: 3
Oversoul: 2

Still waiting on votes by Mooseman and Melkor.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I'm not sure if both the wolves have voted, but at least one has.......
I believe that Oversoul is only voting in response to being accused......
I vote for the pistachios eating fiend Spiderman, I think he has been too complacent with having our mayor and warrior being the focus of the accusations......

Melkor

Spiderman

The Lord works in mysterious ways, and we are but mere players in His divine comedy. Why else then would I place a noose around EricBess's neck by pointing the finger at Spiderman?

turgy22

Nothing Special
Final Tally:
Oversoul - EricBess
EricBess - Oversoul
DarthFerret - EricBess
Spiderman - Oversoul
Train - EricBess
Mooseman - Spiderman
Melkor - Spiderman

EricBess: 3
Oversoul: 2
Spiderman: 2

So it looks like EricBess wins with three votes since Mooseman and Melkor decided to stray from the pack by voting for Spiderman. I'll give EricBess an opportunity for any last words and then we can get this lynch mob on the road.

E

EricBess

Don't I get a chance to change my vote again?

Hmm...Unfortunately, that would mean Spiderman would get to cast the deciding vote anyway. I may be a smooth talker, but I'm fairly certain not even I could convince Spiderman to vote for himself.

I guess we have a town full of anarchists, then, lynching off the politicians. Tomorrow morning I expect will be total chaos. In the meantime, Its just another sad day...

turgy22

Nothing Special
EricBess is led to the gallows. He pauses for a moment and receives his final blessing from Melkor. Oversoul and train hold him still while DarthFerret fits the noose around his neck. Spiderman releases the platform and EricBess drops heavily upon the rope. He twitches and lies still for a moment. Then he twitches again, more violently this time. His arms grow long and hairy. His face elongates and sharp teeth poke out from between his lips.

You stand for a moment longer as you come to the realization that your beloved town leader was a werewolf all along.

The question remains, though, whether the evil has been permanently ridded from your town or whether your lives remain in danger.

T

train

"And I bet you never inhaled either right?!...

Good riddance - but not knowing if we are safe is an even worse place to be in..."

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
~~~From the Ghost Council~~~

Told you. But, you guys preferred to believe the bunk coming out of that corrupt man's mouth rather than the friendly dirt-digger you called friend for years.

Ransac, cpa trash man

E

EricBess

***What!!! I was a wolf? I could have sworn you said villager. I'll deny it to my grave. (or beyond the grave, as the case may be). At least the werewolves still get to win :D ***

S

sageridder

~~~From the Ghost Council~~~

By the gods I was starting to enjoy the peace and quiet of the afterlife after being torn asunder. Now I am disembodied without my precious alcohol and stuck between two forever debating politicians. Surely I am in Hell, I curse you all for sending them to me. The only joy I have left is that I have stolen Ransac's shoes and hidden them, and he is slowly going insane trying to find them. For those of you drinking up for free at my tavern remember those bottles are filled with spirits, and I filled them myself enjoy.

turgy22

Nothing Special
You go to sleep, hoping that with the death of EricBess, the werewolf problem is finally resolved. Perhaps EricBess was working alone and his demise means that the town can now live on in peace, reaping the plentiful rewards of a new pistachio harvest.

Unfortunately, your rest is disturbed for the third night. As you lie, sleeping peacefully, the church bells begin to ring. It's still dark, so certainly this can not be time for the weekly town church service. Just as quickly as they began, the bells are silenced, overpowered by a painful scream that lingers in your mind as you continue lying in bed, quivering until the sun eventually peeks through your windows.

When the full light of day appears, you and your fellow villagers begin to congregate in the town square. Melkor is predictably absent. You look at each other and begin to make your way to the town church. Opening the doors, the church looks pristine, as always, but the door to the bell tower is open. You move up the stairs and find Melkor's body lying beneath the bell. His head has been smashed in, with a trail of blood and brain tissue dripping off the side of the bronze bell. His midsection has been torn open and his innards feasted upon.

Only a foul, devious creature could perform such an abomination on a man of the cloth. But who could it be?