Welcome to the NEW CPA!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Ura's post about this? Apparently the page numbers are the same background after the "This thread is X pages long:" . Put your pointer after it and you'll see the hand come up.

N

NeuroDeus

Black and red looked better... This looks more like mtgnews and the ASCII Signuters are all screwed up... I prefer the old colors...

N

nodnarb24

Sorry to repeat what has already been said one million times but IT'S TOO BRIGHT. The colors remind me of MTGNews and many other message boards i have seen. Can you possibly change it? Also please change the color on the page numbers at the bottom so I can see them.

Sorry to complain about the colors. I do like the new layout thou.

P.S. My rat's nose looks crooked.

D

Darsh

Cool, the numbers at the bottom of the page are not invisible now. I like this new setup a lot better than the old one.:) Even if some of the icon colors clash with the background.

E

ErinPuff

At a Star Wars board I've been at for over a year, they changed the colors about 6 months after the site started.. they went from red and yellow to black and blue. Everyone complained about how hard the new colors were on the eyes..

On June 1st, for the board's first birthday, they changed the colors back to red and yellow for a week. DAMN, do THOSE colors hurt! :D

T

The Magic Jackal

I like the new colors. I loathe the Flyers, so the new colors are much better to me :)

The only thing I've noticed is that when you post a message, the screen turns mostly white and your eyeballs explode. Just a warning to everyone, don't have the screen maximized while you post. If you do, it may be your last
MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

D

Darsh

Hey Ed, how about putting a blue column below the Submit an Article link? The white space below that just looks kinda empty when you scroll down. I just think it will look a lot better than an empty white space.

T

theorgg

I honestly don't like the new colours. Black and Orange were the best--Easily identified, easy on the eyes, and very calming.

The old forum(not in the simi-frames thing) was better on my computer because things are really messed up on it now. That's not nessisarily bad, but I still don't like it.

And what about the new Logo? It looks like some buisness. As was said in the founders' forum: When did we become a buisness?

I really am sad that theese stoic colors have become the CPA's official colors.

Now this site is just one of the masses, huh? Another Black-on-white site just like all of the others.

:(

It doesn't seem as purpoiseful as it once did.

Nowonder a friend of mine said on the phone that "the CPAs changed, Dude. you won't know it when you see it. I use to like it, but now I hate it."

J

Jaws10387

The Orgg is right. The black and orange had so much more meaning and charachter. I think we could see some more people leave. :(

[Edited by Jaws10387 on 10-11-00 at 09:39 PM]

D

Darsh

Let me get this straight, everyone will leave because of the new layout? No one should leave for something as stupid as that.:mad:

H

Hetemti

Yes. People, such as I, would exodise over something as simple as a color change.

A

arhar

The Armageddon is here. SELLOUTS!!! So you guys had to fall to the allmighty $ too, and you sold your sold to the DEVIL of the DOJO!! Arrgh!! All those words about "keeping true to the principles", being a "CASUAL players' alliance"... all in vain! Now, I guarantee ya, we'll see "Decks to Beat" and PTQ reports everywhere on the CPA! The Doomsday has hit us! First the layout.. then everything that CPA stands for goes! Why, oh why did you have to change it? Now I'll never EVER visit CPA anymore! You're not casual! WAAAAAAAAAA

(the above was, of course, sarcasm)

A

Apollo

I'm afraid I agree with the nay-sayers on the new look. It's hard on the eyes, whereas the old one was easy to read (for me, anyway; I know it's harder for others). It seemed to have more purpose, and made it unique from the other sites. The light bulbs are hideous.

And the columns are awful. If I want to talk to someone via AOL IM and read at the same time, I get maybe 4 inches of text on my monitor.

The only good thing about this look is that the aides in the school library aren't noticing that I'm on a non-school related site. And it's a bad thing if it looks like a school-related site.

The red and black was wonderful, Ed. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

And to Duster: Ed asked for comments and/or criticism. Don't blast people for giving their negative opinions.

Apollo

G

Gerode

Everything looks to formal for a CASUAL Player's Alliance. The logo just looks to neat; I like the shaky slightly-crazy O-B logo.

I, too, do see the advantage of this looking school-related. I might be kicked off for a while if the librarians caught me here during school :(

D

Duel

But now it's not black and flaming and scaring my parents when they see I'm on it?

Honestly, reminds me too much of MTGnews and The Dojo to be really comfortable. I guess I'll get used to ti.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I agree that the format is pretty much eye-candy; one should only leave because they disagree with the people/actual content of the site. Just my opinion though, not flaming anyone who said they're leaving because of the new look.

Ed: Thanks very much for making the page thread numbers more visible.

I am still having the same problem when trying to reply to Zadok's article on the main page "There is No Blue" (still asking for 'article id'). I saw you did a test on "Buttons" so I'm wondering maybe the problem is specific to the article or maybe everything before a certain date or what... thanks.

I

Ihsans Shade

Okay, here is what I suggest. I don't mind the Blue, and gray so much, but White! I gotta tell ya Ed its not the best choice. Suggestion 1)Make the colors darker. Suggestion 2) Widen the columns of the posts, its RRREEEAAALLLLLLYYY anoying.

Just a thought
Ihsan's Shade