Welcome to the NEW CPA!

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
Notice anything different? :D

Welcome to the new CPA! Nothing about us has changed, but after having the same website layout for over a year, it's time for something different.

And to make this event even more amazing :))), I'm unveiling some new features.
1. Java Based IRC Chat - ties directly into our channel on NewNet (#type-random). Now there's no need for you to download Pirch or mIRC!
2. More replies listed - if you click the "[more]" link it will show you the last 25 article replies. (Not much of a feature, I know)

Lastly, although it's not in place yet, the CPA will be offering free web-based email to all its members. Your email address will be whatever@cpa-mail.net. However, this isn't quite setup yet. I'll make an announcement when it is.

Anyway, enjoy! And please provide feedback, comments, and bug reports in the "Testing Forum"!

C

Cateran Emperor

Excellent work Ed! The background is much cooler now :D I haven't yet tried the chat, but soon I will.

C

Cateran Emperor

Uh-oh, I just realized my ASCII sig no longer works. GOtta change the dot color. Oh Griffith, any ideas?

H

Hetemti

Ugh!
Hate to say
it but I frankly
can't stand
this.

As if blue/
white didn't
suck, (down
with U/W!)
but I have to
try to read
virtically
because a
God-awful
useless
bar to my
right and
another to
my left is
devouring
all my
screen
space. And
to make it
worse, the
board's lill'
light bulbs
look like
something
rejected
from Micro-
soft's Clip-
Art gallery.

I nixed http://www.
bdominia.com
because of
frames and
I am not go-
ing to put
up with them
here.

Hmm...I re-
member, way
back when I
first showed
up here, I
mentioned
the frames at
BD, and
SOMEONE

assured me
that would
NEVER
happen
here.

Guess liars
are more common
than I thought.

*Turns gamma
down to 0.2*
Ahhh! I can
allmost see
now...

...anone know
of a good
Magic site
I can set my
default site
to? Hopefully
one that won't
betray me?

J

Jaws10387

I gotta agree with Hetemti the white blue kinda looks bad. And now the lightbulbs looks screwed. But it is your site. Whatever.

Z

Zadok001

Umm... I'm not getting any frames here, Hetemti. At least, none I'm noticing. What's going on, exactly?

Personally, I _love_ this design. I've had some trouble trying to jump between the CPA and other sites, and having my eyes try to burn out of my sockets. This design is more 'neutral,' and makes the CPA look more attractive as far as other sites are concerned. IMHO, this is a great color mix.

B

Bob

I went to the chatroom, and accidently declined the download, and now I can't chat.
:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
help me.....

S

sageridder

It' neat it's clean,all this light is gonna kill my eyesgrabs some sunglasses Ahh much better.J/KDo all the smilies work?let's see:D :confused: :cool: :eek: :eek: :(:mad: :rolleyes: :) :p ;) Seems the animated ones are just too shocked to give their reaction yet.Obivious effort here and it's a good thing good job.The only thing I really don't like is how the ascii signatures look now but we'll adapt.Unless getting the post background colors back is an option.Hope Hope.sig people use "bfbfbf"

S

sageridder

looks like all animation don't work just yet,give ed some time he is a mad genius just hold on.

A

arhar

Looks great, Ed!
Much more professional ;)

Obviously, there are some bugs, just give Ed some time.

Hetemti - what frames?

E

ErinPuff

DAMMIT, that sure scared me when the page loaded..

aaaaah
aaaaaaaaaaaaah
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

I don't like it, but I'm not gonna kill Ed or anything. :)

H

Hetemti

Frames:

The the blue
things that
ruin the first
inch and a
half. Those.
I don't care
if they aren't
technicly
frames, they
are just as
big of a pain
in the ass.

More professional,
eh? Guess it
was time to
give the
casual

aspect the boot.

Besides, I'm just
weird. I should
frikkin LOVE
the GLORIOUS
opportunity to
read down instead
of across and
to be annoied by
blinding whitespace.

And the timing...
just for Halloween,
we KILL the
orange and black
screen for
Hospital White,
Cubicle Grays I&II
-=and=-
Emotionaly Balanced Blue!

Now you will feel
serene and can
exploit your core
competencies
with an eye
towards productivity
and connectivity
as you become a
professional
Magic: the Gathering (tm)
Trading Card Game
player!

w00t. I can
feel the fun just
bustin' out of
every post.

Sign me up...

...for Kevorkian.

Next advance for
The PPA:

Club No Scrubs,
Just Pros!
A board for
those who never
spend less than
$250 per deck.

S

sageridder

Look i'm sorry.I know this must have been a major effort,but well..we were happy with it before.It wasn't broke do we need to fix it?Too many things aren't right,It isn't just about fighting change.I think we found it before it was our home.Big issue for me is the color.But I don't want to see people leave because of the changes,I might be one of those If anyone cares.The more I look around the less I like it,Ed you must have put in major effort and I appreciate it, but for me personally I would prefer what we had.

F

Firestorm

I think a red with black bacground and orange border would be cool.

----------------=================########@

M

mogg bomber

Well, this isn't so bad, but I really liked the old colors better. Still, this isn't too bad and it's not like much of the site changed besides the colors.

F

Fire Slinger

Interesting.
I like the setup, but not the colors.
Black and Orange/Red looked alot better.

D

Darsh

Ed could you please, pretty please, get the posts to fit all the way across the page?

H

Hawaiian mage

Although it's probably just that I need to get used to this... I hate change.

I don't like the way it's gotten shorter. If anything I would of liked it wider.

I guess the only thing I would really want to change is the white background.Make it white at the top and have it fad into black when the messages start.

I just generally hate change. And my dragon is useless now!