Warhammer Quest: The Sylvan Epic

turgy22

Nothing Special
Seriously, I was going to have Nayadra run into the next room after one more round of spellcasting, and then if you guys didn't follow her closely enough, she'd summon a bunch more dryads. But I forgot that Throg could just levitate and then axe-murder her. Good job?
Thanks! The running away seems to be a theme with these elves, hence my attempts to freeze her. I was thinking of doing an axe throw earlier, but didn't want Throg to be unarmed if it didn't do enough damage or with too many dryads left around. I'm glad the levitate worked.

Anyway, Throg will loot the body. He'll also cleave off her head and take it with him. His armor should really have spikes that he can stick it on to, but I don't remember if that was ever discussed. It needs to be properly displayed.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Now that combat is over, getting out of the pit isn't particularly difficult. The pit wasn't really built to be a prison. It looks like it might have been built for storage at one point. Jekaena, Tomas, and Dorgath get some assistance, but other members of the party pitch in and soon everyone is up on the ledge. In the meantime, Throg searches Nayadra's remains. The only thing useful he finds is a small bottle of poison.

Poison: Can be applied to a bladed weapon. For the rest of combat, the weapon deals 1D3 poison damage in addition to its normal damage. Worth 150 gold.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Throg takes the poison. He also removes Nayadra's head, although he doesn't currently have any armor spikes on which to mount it.

(You could jam the severed head onto one of the big old horns on your skull helm.)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
So...

Anyone gonna do anything here? Forgot I left this thread sitting all week because no one did anything (except Throg taking a grisly trophy, I guess).

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Okay...I guess we proceed through the door using the same marching order used to go through the portal?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
The door swings open easily. Cautiously, you file into the next room. At the far end of the room is a macabre altar with a staircase behind it, leading down. Tomas scrutinizes the altar with interest.

"Well, this lookswait, nevermind. Now then, there's also, hm, no..."

The wizard grows irritated and sweeps the accoutrements off the top of the altar, but clasps a dull metal chalice, then begins wiping grime off of it, ignoring the other items on the altar.

"I can't do anything with that other junk. We should probably burn it or something. This, though. I've seen one of these before. Can't believe I'm holding one now. It's a Chalice of Sorcery. It could augment my power..."

He finishes cleaning the chalice, then sets it down.

"Or perhaps Kelgar should take it. The chalice would ensure that his blessings worked. For a price, anyway. That's how it works."

Chalice of Sorcery: Power can be drawn from this chalice for casting spells. For each point of power drawn, roll a D6. on a 1, the Chalice of Sorcery deals 1D6 Wound (no modifiers) to its bearer. All power drawn from the Chalice of Sorcery each turn must be drawn simultaneously. Worth 500 gold.

[If held by a priest instead of a wizard, it can be used to provide extra "power" to make up the deficit when rolling to cast a blessing. For example, the Power Phase roll is a 1 and Kelgar rolls to try to cast Steadfast, but also rolls a 1. He may then draw 5 more points from the Chalice of Sorcery, so he rolls 5D6. If 2 of those come up 1, he takes 2D6 damage with no modifiers for anything.]

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Ty follows Tomas across the room, looking around, and checks by the staircase to make sure there's no enemies present.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Ty finds no enemies, but realizes something about the staircase...

The staircase leads to the next deep of the dungeon. Entering it will end "Enchanted Wood" and begin the next chapter: "Desolate Roots."

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
"I think we should heal up here, decide what to to do with the Chalice and then follow that ominous feeling down the staircase.'

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
"Sounds good, Carrow."

I'm perfectly okay with Tomas keeping the Chalice and managing it's "price", but if you guys feel like it should go to Kelgar I'm good with that too, since both of them are on autopilot anyways...;)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I'm perfectly okay with Tomas keeping the Chalice and managing it's "price", but if you guys feel like it should go to Kelgar I'm good with that too, since both of them are on autopilot anyways...;)
Kelgar is only like 95% on autopilot or something! We could ask Melkor if you like. I'm also comfortable just letting you guys decide by consensus or whatever.