Warhammer Quest: The Sylvan Epic

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Well, that ended up bigger than I'd meant for it to. It's been so long, I forgot how I made these things. To refresh, each letter represents something. Right now, we've got...

D=Dorgath
T=Tyresius
R=Giant Rat

Also, I just remembered that Throg already had "T" as his letter. We'll need some convention for this...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
To everyone's surprise, a trapdoor opens and more rats come pouring out. It's a trick. Perhaps someone wants you dead. Someone other than the rats, that is, which are the immediate problem...

To clarify, which weapons are you guys currently wielding?

Edit: Post added to main thread. If anyone wants, you can specify your preferred weapons and behaviors in combat, which I'll go by unless told otherwise.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
To clarify my earlier post then:

Ty attacks immediately, swinging his pit flail with a sweeping motion to try and mow down more rats with the deathblow effect!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I posted my preferred (melee) weapon in the main thread, but Dorgath is using his Great Axe of Smiting.

turgy22

Nothing Special
Throg would be sitting around scratching his ass, but this god-forsaken town only stocks mules.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
-The Power Phase is 2 for this turn. Nothing happens.
-Ty's Pit Training kicks in. He may move and attack before combat starts.
-Ty swings his flail, exploding the first rat.
-Ty's deathblow continues, smashing through a second rat.
-Ty's deathblow continues, killing another rat.
-A rat charges Ty, but is brushed aside.
-A rat tears into Ty's leg (10/15 Wounds).
-Ty shakes the rat off and stomps on it, killing it.
-A rat leaps toward Ty's shoulder, but he intercepts it with a headbutt, knocking it across the pit. The rat survives the counterattack. Just kidding. It's super-dead.
-A rat claws Dorgath viciously, but fails to damage him.
-Dorgath punts the offending rat out of the pit. I don't know if that killed it, but some of the spectators freak out when it lands on them, so they smash it with their chairs. Dead rat.
-A rat charges Dorgath, but slips and is crushed under the butt of his axe.
-A rat charges Dorgath, but slips and gets punted into the wall of the pit. This is fatal.
-A rat leaps at Dorgath. He catches it and dashes it into the floor of the pit, killing it.
-Ty brings his flail down on the last rat, finishing the last of the vermin.
-Dorgath collects 125 gold.
-Tyresius collects 125 gold.

Carrow spots a man in the corner signal to someone. He seems to notice that Carrow is watching him, and quickly leaves. As he is running out the door, a gate swings open in the pit. Two roaring minotaurs approach Dorgath and Tyresius, swinging clubs menacingly...

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Ty roars right back at them as he wades into battle, attacking the nearest minotaur leading with the fist spike!

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
-The Power Phase is 3 for this turn. Nothing happens.
-Ty's Pit Training kicks in. He may move and attack before combat starts.
-Ty stabs a minotaur in the chest (2 damage).
-Ty catches a minotaur with a flurry of blows to the head (3 damage).
-Ty slashes a minotaur's torso (4 damage).
-Ty attempts to knee-strike a minotaur, but is knocked aside.
-Ty slams his knee into a minotaur (1 damage).
-Carrow is bumped into by rowdy spectators just as he is about to shoot a minotaur. He quickly regains his composure.
-Carrow shoots a minotaur in the head (2 damage). Bleeding from Ty's vicious attacks, and with an arrow buried in its skull, the beast somehow manages to remain standing.
-Ty clinches a minotaur and drives his fist spike into it. The minotaur finally collapses. Ty moves into its position.
-Ty slashes at a minotaur, but trips over a dead rat.
-Ty charges a minotaur, but his feet get tangled up on the same dead rat again. Stupid rat.
-Ty launches a knee strike, hitting a minotaur. The monster grunts, but resists the attack.
-Ty leaps onto a minotaur, catching it with a knee spike and his knuckle-dusters (2 damage).

-A minotaur clobbers Ty (3/15).
-A minotaur bashes Ty's head, knocking him out (0/15).

-Dorgath charges a minotaur. His attack is parried.
-Dorgath chops a minotaur (4 damage).

Dorgath still faces the threat of an angry minotaur, but Tyresius is in desperate need of medical attention...

Last edited:

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Man, my damage rolls this time around were deplorable...Do I have an opportunity to down a slug off a Heal-Itt potion before I fall unconscious?