Warhammer Quest: The Sylvan Epic

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Revising combat for the previous round Tyresius drinks from a Heal-Itt Potion, restoring 5 Wounds. The minotaur's attack still takes him down to 1 Wound. I'll assume that Tyresius drinks his potion again for the start of the next round, and that Dorgath also bandages his head. This brings him up to 6 Wounds. He's still hurt, but now he's able to fight again...

-The Power Phase is 1 for this turn. An Unexpected Event occurs!

While walking the streets of Middenheim, Kelgar hears a disturbance around the corner. A moment later, a huge, runaway bull charges down the street, wrecking market stalls and causing panic.

Kelgar may either let the bull pass by ducking into an alley, or attempt to stop it.

-Carrow shoots a minotaur (4 damage).
-Carrow lands another arrow on a minotaur (2 damage).
-Ty leaps to his feet, slashing at a minotaur, but just misses it.
-Ty thrusts at a minotaur with his fist spike, but the minotaur manages to stay out of reach.
-Ty charges right into a minotaur, impaling its head on his fist spike, killing it.
-Dorgath collects 294 gold.
-Tyresius collects 294 gold.
-Up in the stands, Carrow somehow collects 292 gold.

The crowd cheers the impressive display in the pit. Yet, something is amiss. No one seems to have planned this, and no one admits to knowing how the minotaurs got there in the first place. Perhaps someone set Dorgath and Tyresius up, hoping to get them killed...

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
"Thanks for the repairs Dorgath! I thought I was done for for a minute there..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"Seems you took good care of them, though. Now, who do we need to 'talk to' to find out about releasing minotaurs...."

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
A grizzled old pit-fighter answers Carrow...

"I been doin' the legwork settin' up most the stuff to keep this place runnin', but I don't know nothin' about no minotaurs. I'm pissed off as you are, elf. But I am glad they're dead and no one else had to climb down there and fight 'em. So here, for your trouble..."

Carrow collects 100 gold.

"Now I got to get this mess cleaned up. Minotaurs! Don't want to try explainin' that one to the Knights Panther."

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
"Maybe we should get with the Pit Master to try and find out what's going on around here..."

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Initially, the bull isn't impressed by Kelgar's attempt, and it seems that the priest might have to either move out of the way or fight. But then the bull stands down. Kelgar leads the animal safely back to its stall. The crowd cheers and showers him with gold.

Kelgar collects 150 gold.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"I may have a lead on the culprit but need to check it out alone. If I'm not back in the hour, go to the upper level of this hovel to find me."

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Dorgath goes up the stairs. Meanwhile, out on the streets, Throg becomes thirsty and is compelled by his Alcoholism to stop at an alehouse. While inside, he is approached from behind by a tall, shadowy figure...

"You've been asking questions about livestock that are making certain people uncomfortable. I'm here to teach you a lesson about sticking your nose where it doesn't belong."

Melkor

"Sigmar be praised! May this serve as a lesson that even the wild hearts of the beasts bow before Sigmar's light."

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
An unearthly laugh erupts from the tall figure. He seems to drift across the floor, reaching for his drink and downing it in one swift motion. His voice booms and reverberates throughout the establishment.

"So then, it's to be a drinking contest! I accept your challenge."

The bartender shouts...

"A round of Ink Brook Ale, on the house."

The strange ale is thick and sweet. It almost seems to force its way down Throg's throat. It is strong stuff, but Throg is a Champion of Chaos, and his tolerance is high. One by one, the other patrons in the alehouse collapse, until only Throg, the bartender, and the tall, drifting stranger remain conscious. As the last few holdouts drift off, the air around the tall figure warps. He transforms into a huge daemon.

"You're a brave mortal, perhaps, but a smart one you are not.
You should have turned and faced me, unslung your axe and fought.
I'd have left you, slightly beaten, unconscious in the sun.
But now I'll eat your soul before the night is done."

The bartender has somehow transformed into a Chaos sorcerer. He brings a covered tray to the table, then lifts the cover to reveal an ornate bottle of what appears to be boiling ale. Throg spots faded Chaos runes on the label...

Infernal Heat Ale

On the tray, there are various objects, giving off a strange, palpable energy. They seem to be simultaneously real and illusory, ethereal and solid, visible and invisible. The daemon seems to be unaware of them. There is an Onion, a Leek, a Cherry, and a Date. The bartender-turned-sorcerer chants...

"We're not in Chaos Lands here, but south of the border.
And I can tell that you both have a mighty strong thirst.
However, in Middenheim, the daemon goes first.
All things must be added in the proper order."

The daemon easily drinks his cup, and guffaws.

"Had I a mortal throat, I suppose that would burn.
But go on and try, Throg. Now it's your turn."

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
OOC: Add objects to drinks. Don't eat them. I didn't think of that earlier, but it seems like something Throg would try. Don't do it. It would hurt a lot, not matter the order in which you ate them. Also, for the duration of the drinking contest, Throg's dialogue must rhyme. There's no in-game penalty for failing to rhyme, but Spiderman will go back and edit your post to make it rhyme.

turgy22

Nothing Special
Well this side quest took an unexpected turn. Throg was planning to be friendly just to set up a surprise attack.
However, in lieu of ruining Oversoul's meticulously crafted plans by going off script, Throg will play along by adding the cherry, onion, leek and date to his ale.

"That drink's no fun. I'll have a cold one."

Throg will pound the brew.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Throg's cup, once sizzling with heat, chills before it reaches his lips. It's so cold and he drinks so quickly that he is mildly shocked, but it actually tastes pretty good. The huge daemon scowls, having expected that Throg would be more affected.

"So Infernal Heat doesn't burn you? Is that what we've found.
Enough of this then. Bartender, another round!"

The bartender presents another tray. This bottle is even more beautiful than the last, catching the dim light in the room and scattering sparkling hints of color everywhere. The liquid inside is even more turbulent than the previous brew, and shards of some strange substance dance in the glittering light of the liquid.

Diamond Dust Wine

The sorcerer presents each participant with a cup, then pushes both trays toward Throg. Even though he put them in his drink, the first tray still has an Onion, Leek, Cherry, and Date. The second tray is a bit more macabre, with what appear to be spectral animal parts. There's a Scale, Fur, and a Tongue. Once more, he chants...

"I see the last drink didn't leave your throats scarred.
But brace yourselves. I hear this next one is very hard."

The daemon drinks the wine just as quickly as he drank the ale, but the spinning diamond bits appear to affect even him. He cringes, but says nothing.

turgy22

Nothing Special
Throg will add the scale, onion, fur and tongue to the drink.

"So I guess that you've heard I'm a pretty fierce fighter. Real men aren't afraid of a sparkling cider."

Throg will sip the wine daintily.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
The bartender uncovers the next tray and slides it next to the existing trays. It contains a selection of gemstones: Amber, Beryl, Emerald, Garnet, Ivory, Pearl, Moonstone, and Nacre. The bottle looks ordinary this time, but inside there appears to be a thunderstorm. Throg thinks he even makes out tiny ships being tossed about, but maybe he's just a little bit drunk...

Roaring Thunder Rum

"Ah, the name of that drink can't truly convey its intensity...

The daemon lifts a pair of huge hands and plugs his own ears, then grabs the cup with a second set of arms and drinks the rum.

"But you don't look like you can do that. Such a pity."