Warhammer Quest: Starting Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
You evade the zombies entirely, cutting through some dense woods and reaching the road again. Everyone is now alert, watching for more signs of the undead or other foes. Because of this, Dorgath spots an ambush that would otherwise have gone undetected. Unfortunately, the ambushers see that you have spotted them, and advance toward you...

Ghouls are the descendents of insane and evil-hearted cannibals: men who ate the flesh of the dead. Over the years, they have degenerated into a race that is no longer human. They live amongst places of the dead, feeding on corpses and sometimes attacking lone travellers or vulnerable groups.

This group consists of twelve ghouls.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
sometimes attacking lone travellers or vulnerable groups
"C'mon guys, let's show them that we're not one of these! For Grungi's honor!"

Dorgath will stand ready and wait until they're in melee range.

turgy22

Nothing Special
"An ambush! Such undead treachery will not be tolerated! Blaugh!"

Throg will charge up his Chalice of Night and use the bonus effect from his Axe of Mighty Striking (assuming this is still the same adventure) and attack the ghouls.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Should finally be able to get back to this once I get home tonight. I'd have done it already, but the book that has the stats for ghouls is in my desk at home.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
turgy22;292120 said:
Throg will grab the book and bring it to Oversoul.
Throg fails to locate Oversoul's desk!

-The power phase is 6.
-Kelgar blesses Carrow with Vanquish. Carrow gains an extra attack this turn.

Carrow pulls the bowstring back and lets loose an arrow. His aim is off slightly, but he instantly realizes that this is Eltharion's Bow. In addition to looking quite stylish, it is enchanted, increasing its accuracy. His arrow strikes a ghoul in the chest, severely wounding it.

-Carrow shoots the wounded ghoul beneath the ribs, dropping it.
-The ghouls continue moving towards the Warriors.

Next round
-The power phase is 1. There is some noise in the distance behind you. Kelgar fails to bless anything this turn.
-Undaunted by the charging monsters, Carrow shoots the leading ghoul in the face, killing it instantly.
-The ghouls charge at the Warriors.

Next round
-The power phase is 4. Kelgar fails to bless anything this turn.
-Carrow gets a glancing shot on a ghoul for 1 damage.
-Throg rushes the ghouls, but balks on seeing the creatures up close. Throg is at -1 to hit ghouls.

Six of the remaining ghouls surround Throg as he moves to engage them. Four of them attack Dorgath. Carrow maneuvers out of their reach and Kelgar is ignored somehow.

-A ghoul swings at Throg, but is too slow to hit him.
-A ghoul rushes into Throg, but the chaos warrior pushes it aside.
-A ghoul claws at Throg, but is held back as he raises his axe.
-A ghoul lunges at Throg, but bumps into one of its comrades instead.
-A ghoul swings at Throg, but fails to connect.
-A ghoul grabs onto Throg, but gets tossed aside for its efforts.
-A ghoul lunges at Throg, but misses completely and falls on its face. How embarrassing!
-A ghoul picks up a rock and smacks Throg for 2 damage.
-A ghoul throws a rock at Throg, but hits a tree instead. The tree does not react.
-A ghoul picks up a rock and cracks Throg across the face, dealing 4 damage.
-A ghoul latches onto Throg, but is knocked down.

-Throg's Chalice of Night causes him to glow. His axe lashes out with incredible power (1 more use left on the Chalice of Night).
-Throg activates his Axe of Mighty Striking.

-Throg hits a ghoul—it doesn't really matter where. The ghoul bursts into pieces and splatters everyone nearby (mostly Throg) in ghoul guts.
-Throg's deathblow finishes the ghoul Carrow weakened.
-Throg's deathblow continues, chopping into another ghoul for 3 damage.
-As a ghoul tries to grapple with him, the monster gets a nasty surprise when Throg takes a bite out of it. Ghouls are used to being on the other end of that. The ghoul succumbs to Throg's venom and dies.
-Throg kicks a ghoul's face clean off. Fatality!
-A ghoul tries to maul Dorgath, but the dwarf grabs the monster's head and shoves it down.
-A ghoul claws at Dorgath, but his armor prevents any damage.
-A ghoul chomps on Dorgath for 4 damage.
-A ghoul hurls a rock at Dorgath, but he bats it back into the ghoul's face. The ghoul takes 2 damage from the exchange.
-A ghoul strikes at Dorgath, but is blocked by his axe.
-A ghoul grabs at Dorgath, but the dwarf ducks underneath it.
-A ghoul lunges at Dorgath and tumbles over him.
-A ghoul grabs a rock and smashes Dorgath with it for 2 damage.

-Dorgath is unnerved and is at -1 to hit against ghouls.
-Dorgath fells a ghoul with an axe-wound to the chest.
-Dorgath's deathblow strikes another ghoul, staggering it and dealing 3 damage. The ghoul remains standing.
-Dorgath finishes the bleeding ghoul with a fierce kick.
-Kelgar swings his hammer at a ghoul, but by the time the blow would land, the monster is no longer there and the hammer strikes the ground with an impressive thud.
-Kelgar fails to heal anything this turn.
-The ghouls strongly consider cutting their losses and running, but do reluctantly hold their ground. Just like spiders, they're more afraid of you than you are of them.

Next turn
-The power phase is 1. The sounds behind you grow louder...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
So by my count, there's four ghouls left?

Dorgath will continue to attack the ghouls but yells to Carrow, "Cover us from whatever's coming behind, elf!"

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
There were 12 to start with. Carrow killed 2 before they reached the group. Throg killed 4 (1 with his axe, finished 1 with his deathblow that Carrow had weakened, wounded another with his deathblow and finished it off with his bite, and killed yet another in one hit with a kick). Dorgath killed 2 (one with his axe, wounded another with his deathblow and finished it off with a kick). So that leaves 4 remaining.

turgy22

Nothing Special
I started from the attacks on Dorgath and subtracted the number he killed. So why then were there eight attacks on Dorgath? Shouldn't six have been killed already?

Also, Throg will continue fighting the ghouls.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Spiderman;292143 said:
I think each ghoul gets 2 attacks, so since four were attacking me, that's 8 total.
Correct.

Carrow waits, arrow knocked, to confront whatever is approaching from behind.

-A ghoul tries to kick Throg, but misses.
-A ghoul lunges at Throg, but is too slow.
-A ghoul slashes at Throg, but the blow is deflected by his armor.
-A ghoul slips and falls to its back.
-A ghoul rushes into Dorgath and is knocked down.
-A ghoul hurls a rock at Dorgath, striking his torso for 1 damage. Dorgath grimaces and battles on.

-Throg chops at a ghoul with his axe, but the monster is too close for him to strike it.
-Throg sinks his fangs into a ghoul for 2 damage.
-Throg throws a huge kick underneath a ghoul's chin for 6 damage. The ghoul falls to the ground with a broken neck.
-Dorgath loses his concentration and his axe flails around uselessly, threatening Kelgar more than the ghouls.
-Dorgath kicks at a ghoul, but it is out of his reach.
-Kelgar raises his hammer above his head and overbalances, missing an oportunity to brain a nearby ghoul.
-The ghouls break from combat and retreat into the underbrush.
-Kelgar fully restores Dorgath with his Ring of Jade.
-Kelgar is awarded 35 gold for his healing efforts! Praise Sigmar.

-Throg collects 270 gold.
-Dorgath collects 170 gold.
-Kelgar collects 110 gold.
-Carrow collects 170 gold.

As the ghouls disperse, you see that in the road ahead of you a much larger group of skeletons blocks your path but are not moving toward you. Behind you, heavily armored and heavily cloaked figure flanked by two men in black robes walks slowly toward you and hisses...

"You were the ones that looted the tomb. Clever of you. Now give me whatever it was that you took."

Melkor

"One so foul as you shall never have the bounty that Sigmar's chosen has rightfully earned. Begone or though shalt suffer the wrath of the True God who does not suffer this mockery of unlife and shall punish all those who think to cheat his will."

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
The men in robes draw maces, but the armored figure motions for them to stand back.

"You try my patience. Still, once the priest is dead, I might let the rest of you go if you cooperate."

He raises his hands above his head and begins an incantation...

turgy22

Nothing Special
Throg will attempt to disrupt the incantation. He will drop the lantern and wield the Sword of Defiance along with the Axe of Mighty Striking (using the axe as a melee weapon and the sword for defense) and take the shortest path to the heavily armored man, killing anyone who stands in his way.

"This evil wizardry must be stopped! Blaugh!"

OOC: Man, I wish I had saved up that big hit with my axe now... I thought the adventure was over. :(

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
It looks like the ferocity of Throg's attack has his opponent off-guard, but the stranger forgoes drawing his sword in defense and simply punches Throg with a mailed fist, knocking him to the ground. Suddenly a voice from behind the skeletons roars...

"Neshkahl!"

"Ugh, not again" the cloaked man moans. Then he disappears in a puff of smoke. Several Bretonnian knights on horseback crash through the line of skeletons, smashing the undead with broadswords as they go. The men in black robes watch in terror, look at each other, then throw their maces to the ground and blurt at Dorgath, Carrow, and Kelgar...

"We surrender. We are your prisoners."

Status
Not open for further replies.