Warhammer Quest: Death Below Karak Azgal

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Dorgath's search reveals the following items:

-A ring.
-Boots nearly identical to the ones Dorgath is currently wearing.
-A strange jewel.
-A sword that looks identical to the one Throg is currently wielding.
-A blue, metallic amulet.
-A flute.
-A lyre.
-A lute.
-A tambourine.
-A hidden cache of gold.
-An inscription of runes at the base of the gold cache.

Dorgath deciphers the inscription...

"My Gold Is Watched Over Eternally. My Only Joy And Solace. Steal It At Your Peril. Then Know The True Power Of My Malice."

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
"A Flute would an appropriate instrument for those of a more discriminating taste."
Do these instruments look playable?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
The instruments appear to be in excellent condition and should indeed be playable. They seem to be unremarkable other than that.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"Um, guys, this is 'interesting'... this appears to be an actual dragon which has been transmuted, not a statue. I suggest we follow the warning and leave the gold, although not sure if 'gold' means 'its hoard' and included all of these items here..."

Dorgath attempts to identify the ring, jewel and amulet.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Dorgath tries to identify the items, but concludes that he has no clue on the ring and the amulet. He concludes that the jewel is an Energy Jewel that provides power for casting spells, something that no one in the current party could actually use, unfortunately.

While Dorgath is busy with that, Kelgar manages to fully heal both himself and Throg. Dorgath and Carrow are still a bit beaten up from their last encounter...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"Anyone else want to try to identify the ring and amulet? Do we want to risk raising the ire of the dragon and take everything but the gold, or just leave it all?"

turgy22

Nothing Special
Throg will attempt to identify the ring and amulet.

"Let sleeping dragons lie. Leave the gold. Does anyone remember what our mission was? Let's do that."

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Throg identifies an Invisibility Ring (once per adventure, its magic can turn the wearer invisible for one turn). Throg identifies an amulet of Charadris (impedes the regeneration abilities of undead monsters near the wearer).

While Throg is identifying the items, Kelgar fully heals Carrow and manages to heal Dorgath too (14/15).

The power phase is 1. An unexpected event occurs.

A sudden chill breeze blows out the lantern! This would be a problem if you were in a dark room and being attacked by monsters, but you already killed everything and the fiery chasm nearby provides some dim light anyway. Throg manages to re-light the lantern. What a terrifying event that was!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"The amulet could definitely be useful. You want to wear that, Throg? Who wants the Ring?"

Dorgath will take the jewel, sword, and boots (unless someone else wants them) and while we decide who gets the amulet and ring, will search the north part of this room for secret doors and traps.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Throg successfully picks his nose and dons the amulet. Carrow takes the ring. Dorgath searches the rest of the room and finds nothing.

turgy22

Nothing Special
Are we ready to move on? I think the door heading east is our only option, so Throg will inspect it for traps and listen for danger on the other side and such.