Warhammer Quest: Death Below Karak Azgal

turgy22

Nothing Special
Throg twiddles his thumbs.

Side note: it's been so long since I responded to this thread that I almost forgot the name of my character.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I can't get back to this yet because I'm not at home right now. I've been getting killed by school, but I should be able to update soon.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Throg twiddles his thumbs.

Side note: it's been so long since I responded to this thread that I almost forgot the name of my character.
Thus the whole reason for doing on a message board...... time is meaningless or relative or something like that.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
After what seems like a month, Dorgath finally gets the door open. There is a huge tomb at the read end of this dank and cold room. On top is a stone slab, carved in the likeness of a great knight. Across from you is an open door, revealing a familiar corridor: you saw this tomb chamber (part of it, anyway) from the corridor, but elected to turn back rather than trying to find a way past the pit traps in that corridor...skabnozeslair12.png

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I forgot to put the markers down for the players. Whatever. You guys are standing at the door. You haven't disappeared or anything.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Well that looks like a trap door and things keep coming up from below, so I will take up a position to cover the rest of you.
To the right on the door we're at, sees to work.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"Good idea, elf."

Dorgath will first try to identify the knight on the tomb, then check the tomb for traps.

turgy22

Nothing Special
Throg spots a ghost in the other room. "Hey, look, a ghost."

Throg will acknowledge the apparition. "Greetings."

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
The ghost is in the room you're in now. Throg just happened to notice it first.

The ghost floats toward the warriors. It has the appearance of an elderly dwarf. The ghost says, faintly...

"Well, what took you so long? I've waited five years for that cowardly cur Ironbeard to come and avenge me. And he can't even be bothered to come himself? If he had to send someone else, couldn't he have sent a less hopeless bunch? You did make it this far, though, I suppose...

Well, I suppose we'd better get on with it."

The ghost turns and walks through the northern wall.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"Maybe we can save the tomb for later."

Not being of a wispy substance, Dorgath checks the north wall for a secret door so he could follow.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Dorgath finds a small lump in the floor by the wall. When pressed, it opens a secret door, revealing a a dusty corridor leading off into the gloom. Halfway along the corridor is a dwarf skeleton.
skabnozeslair13.png

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Side doors omitted to save time, but they're still there, of course. Just wanted to reveal the new room's placement.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
So, how did the grump die? Are we going to die like that too?
I'm not rushing after the ghost, he did get himself killed you know.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"Let's check out the corridor and see what the ghost has to say. We can always come back here afterwards and before moving on further."

Dorgath scoffs at the elf and moves to the skeleton, checking for traps along the way. Once at the skeleton, if not addressed by the ghost, he'll investigate it.