tribal?

M

mythosx

:( Got my ass caught in a crossfire, I guess its time for me to expire.

Untap, Draw, Lay a mountain, Tap all lands, 1 green "Lay of the land", dig up a swamp, put it into my hand, drop a blade sliver, attack BB in retaliation. Done.

BB

Life: 15?
Hand: 4
In Play: {Swampx2(T,T), Bayoux2(T, T)}

(T) Urborg Elf (1/1, T: Add G, U, or B to your mana pool)
(T) Blastoderm (5/5, 2 fade ctrs, can't be the target of spells or abilities)
(S) Spiritmonger (6/6, B: Regenerate, G: change color until EOT, Whenever ~this deals damage to a creature put a +1/+1 counter on it)

Graveyard:
RFG:

Spiderman

Life: 20
Hand: 5
In Play:

(U, U, U) Plainsx3
(T) Fellwar Stone (T: add any mana that an opponent's land can produce)

(U) Skyhunter Prowler (1/3, flying, vigilance)

(U) Sensei's Divining Top (1: look at the top 3 cards of my library and put them back in any order. T: Draw a card, then put Top on top on owner's library)

Graveyard:
RFG:

mythosx

Life: 15
In Play:

(T) Forest
(T) Island
(T) Plains
(T) Mountain

(T) Winged Sliver (1/1, all Slivers have flying)
(T) Mnemonic Sliver (2/2, all slivers gain "2: Sacrifice this sliver, Draw a card."
(U) Blade Sliver (2/2, all Slivers gain +1/+0)

Graveyard:Lay of the Land
RFG:

Oversoul

Life: 18
Hand: 3

In Play:
-Forest x3 (T, T, T)
-Vine Trellis (0/4, T)
-Wall of Blossoms (2/4, U, trample)
-Rancor (enchanting Wall of Blossoms)
-Smokestack (0 counters)

Graveyard:
RFG: Elvish Spirit Guide

B

BigBlue

15 it is.... And I knew it was coming.... sure, I fired the first volley, but the flying sliver armada is bad news for me.... The smokestack isn't going to help either... I feel like the bear in one of those old cartoons getting attacked by a swarm of bees... :D

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Untap, during my upkeep I'll stack Smokestack's abilities the right way (I stack the add a counter ability, then the sacrifice ability, so that the sacrifice of of 0 permanents is resolved first, then Smokestack gets a counter--or something to that effect). I'll draw, tap all of my Forests and a Vine Trellis for GGGG and play Wall of Roots and Vine Trellis. Then I'll put a -0/-1 counter on Wall of Roots to add G to my mana pool and play Rancor on Wall of Roots. Done.

BB

(T) Blastoderm (5/5, 2 fade ctrs, can't be the target of spells or abilities)
(S) Spiritmonger (6/6, B: Regenerate, G: change color until EOT, Whenever ~this deals damage to a creature put a +1/+1 counter on it)

Graveyard:
RFG:

Spiderman

In Play:

(U, U, U) Plainsx3

(U) Sensei's Divining Top (1: look at the top 3 cards of my library and put them back in any order. T: Draw a card, then put Top on top on owner's library)

Graveyard:
RFG:

mythosx

In Play:

(T) Forest
(T) Island
(T) Plains
(T) Mountain

(T) Mnemonic Sliver (2/2, all slivers gain "2: Sacrifice this sliver, Draw a card."

RFG:

Oversoul

Hand: 1

In Play:
-Forest x3 (T, T, T)
-Vine Trellisx2 (0/4, T, U)
-Wall of Roots (2/4, U, trample)
-Rancor (enchanting Wall of Roots)
-Smokestack (1 counter)

Graveyard:

B

BigBlue

Hmmm... so in essence there is no sacrifice *this* upkeep? yuck.... 2 rancors? Well, here goes.... Unfortunately I can't sit still and let sliver's eat me alive... but alternatively I can't let rancor/smokestack eat me alive either... So....

Untap, During my upkeep I remove a fade counter from Blastoderm, Draw, Play a Swamp, Tap a Bayou for G to play Rancor on Spiritmonger, then Tap the Other Bayou for G and 2 Swamps to play Hunting Moa - putting the +1/+1 counter on the SpiritMonger. Attack mythosx with the 9/7 trampling Spiritmonger and the 5/5 Blastoderm. Done after that. Whew... Sorry to pick on you, but the slivers gots to go down, I can't take a flying armada... And at least with 1 rancor of my own, I only have to deal with 1 sac a turn so far...

BB

Hand: 2
In Play: {Swampx3(T,T,U), Bayoux2(T, T)}

(U) Urborg Elf (1/1, T: Add G, U, or B to your mana pool)
(T) Blastoderm (5/5, 1 fade ctrs, can't be the target of spells or abilities)
(T) Spiritmonger (9/7 Trample, B: Regenerate, G: change color until EOT, Whenever ~this deals damage to a creature put a +1/+1 counter on it)(1 +1/+1 counter)(rancor: +2/+0 and trample - when Rancor goes into a GY from play put it in your hand instead)
(S) Hunted Moa (2/2 Echo, When ~this enters or leaves play put a +1/+1 counter on target creature)

Graveyard:
RFG:

Spiderman

In Play:

(U, U, U) Plainsx3

Graveyard:
RFG:

mythosx

Life: 15 (1?)
In Play:

(T) Forest
(T) Island
(T) Plains
(T) Mountain

RFG:

Oversoul

In Play:
-Forest x3 (T, T, T)
-Smokestack (1 counter)

Graveyard:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
There was no sacrifice in MY upkeep, as the sacrifice was stacked above the addition of the counter. But there was already a counter on Smokestack at the beginning of your upkeep. If this significantly changes what you'll do in your turn, I don't have a problem with you going back and redoing the whole turn, and I doubt anyone else does.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, BB has definitely got to go back and sac something, so even though it could be the unused Swamp or Elf, I wanna see what it is before taking my turn...

B

BigBlue

Ooops, sorry, I misread the card... I thought it went off during your upkeep for everyone.... In that case I would have sacrificed a Swamp (which doesn't change a thing since I played one other. (I also corrected my Moa which is a 3/2 not a 2/2) The end result being....

Untap, Remove a fade counter from Blastoderm; Sac a swamp to Smokestack, Draw, Play a Swamp, Tap both Bayous for G and both Swamps to play Rancor on Spiritmonger; Hunting Moa putting the +1/+1 on Spiritmonger, Attack mythosx with Blastoderm (5/5) and Spiritmonger (9/7 Trample), Done after that.

BB

(T) Spiritmonger (9/7 Trample, B: Regenerate, G: change color until EOT, Whenever ~this deals damage to a creature put a +1/+1 counter on it)(1 +1/+1 counter)(rancor: +2/+0 and trample - when Rancor goes into a GY from play put it in your hand instead)
(S) Hunted Moa (3/2 Echo, When ~this enters or leaves play put a +1/+1 counter on target creature)

Graveyard: Swamp
RFG:

Spiderman

In Play:

(U, U, U) Plainsx3

Graveyard:
RFG:

mythosx

Life: 15 (1?)
In Play:

(T) Forest
(T) Island
(T) Plains
(T) Mountain

RFG:

Oversoul

In Play:
-Forest x3 (T, T, T)
-Smokestack (1 counter)

Graveyard:

M

mythosx

sigh...im at 1...i better top deck someting good or im pretty much boned...the stax pretty much wrecks me at this point... :mad:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
EOT, tap a Plains to look at and rearrange the top three cards of my library.

Untap, sac a plains during upkeep, draw, Plains, Attack Oversoul for 1, Done.

BB

(S) Hunted Moa (3/2 Echo, When ~this enters or leaves play put a +1/+1 counter on target creature)

RFG:

Spiderman

In Play:

(U, U, U) Plainsx3

Graveyard: Plains
RFG:

mythosx

Life: 1
In Play:

(T) Forest
(T) Island
(T) Plains
(T) Mountain

RFG:

Oversoul

Life: 17

In Play:
-Forest x3 (T, T, T)
-Smokestack (1 counter)

Graveyard:

B

BigBlue

I have to say... 5 turns in this is a bloody game... of course that's the way Tribal should be...

M

mythosx

Im retarded i stared at this for days wishing it was my turn..and it was for the last 3 days... :rolleyes:

Untap, sack forest, draw, lay swamp, play hibernation sliver, play heart sliver, swing at BB for 13. sigh...im boned either way.
:(

BB

RFG:

Spiderman

In Play:

(U, U, U) Plainsx3

RFG:

mythosx

In Play:

(T) Swamp
(T) Island
(T) Plains
(T) Mountain

(T) Blade Sliver (2/2, all Slivers gain +1/+0)
(T) Heart Sliver (1/1, all slivers gain haste)
(T) Hibernation Sliver (2/2, all slivers gain, "2, pay 2 life: return target sliver card to your hand")

RFG:

Oversoul

In Play:
-Forest x3 (T, T, T)
-Smokestack (1 counter)

Graveyard:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I was going to bump this thread, but I figured I should wait a few more days before doing so. Oh well.

Untap, during my upkeep, I'll stack Smokestack's abilities the same way. I sacrifice Rancor (the one enchanting my Wall of Roots) and Smokestack gets another counter. I'll tap my Forests and add a -0/-1 counter to Wall of Roots in order to play Carnivorous Plant. I'll then tap a Vine Trellis to play Rancor on my Carnivorous Plant. Done.

BB

Life: 2?

RFG:

Spiderman

In Play:

(U, U, U) Plainsx3

RFG:

mythosx

In Play:

(T) Swamp
(T) Island
(T) Plains
(T) Mountain

(T) Hibernation Sliver (2/2, all slivers gain, "2, pay 2 life: return target sliver card to your hand")

RFG:

Oversoul

In Play:
-Forest x3 (T, T, T)
-Wall of Roots (0/3, U)
-Carnivorous Plant (6/5, S, trample)
-Rancor (enchanting Carnivorous Plant)
-Smokestack (2 counters)

Graveyard:

B

BigBlue

Man.... I KNEW those slivers would be a problem... GG all... it was fast... (Anyone who thinks it'll last much longer is living in Egypt) :D Hurricane Oversoul?

Untap, Take a fade counter off of Blastoderm, Sacrifice Moa & Rancor to Smokestack (Put the counter from the Moa on the Spiritmonger), Draw, Play Forest, Play Rancor on Spiritmonger, Attack.... Attack Mythosx with the Elf for 1, Oversoul with the SpiritMonger (10/8 Trample), and to at least damage Spidey I'll attack him with the Blastoderm (5/5). After attack (regardless of what happens) I cast Ebony Treefolk (3/3 BG:+1/+1 Until EOT), then Done

Life: 2
In Play: {Swampx2(TT), Forest(T), Bayoux2(TU)}

(T) Blastoderm (5/5, 0 fade ctrs, can't be the target of spells or abilities)
(T) Spiritmonger (10/8 Trample, B: Regenerate, G: change color until EOT, Whenever ~this deals damage to a creature put a +1/+1 counter on it)(2 +1/+1 counters)(rancor: +2/+0 and trample - when Rancor goes into a GY from play put it in your hand instead)
(S) Ebony Treefolk (3/3; BG: +1/+1 until EOT)

Graveyard: Swamp, Hunted Moa
RFG:

Spiderman

Life: 20 (15?)
In Play:

(U, U, U) Plainsx3

RFG:

mythosx

Life: 1 (0?)
In Play:

(T) Swamp
(T) Island
(T) Plains
(T) Mountain

RFG:

Oversoul

Life: 17 (7?)

In Play:
-Forest x3 (T, T, T)
-Wall of Roots (0/3, U)
-Smokestack (2 counters)

Graveyard:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
So I guess mythosx is out... I'll take the damage... wait to see what Oversoul's response is before taking my turn.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
BigBlue said:
Hurricane Oversoul?
If I were holding a Hurricane right now, I would probably win the game. Alas, I was sort of gambling on not having to deal with flying creatures very much. Oh well. This has certainly been an intense game though. I think it could have gone any way from the beginning, but at this point I'm liking Spidey's chances (although I don't know what you're holding or what I might topdeck).

As far as the trampling Spiritmonger goes, it's a tough call, but I'll leave it unblocked.

BB
Life: 2

(T) Spiritmonger (10/8 Trample, B: Regenerate, G: change color until EOT, Whenever ~this deals damage to a creature put a +1/+1 counter on it)(2 +1/+1 counters)(rancor: +2/+0 and trample - when Rancor goes into a GY from play put it in your hand instead)

RFG:

Spiderman

In Play:

(U, U, U) Plainsx3

RFG:

mythosx

Life: RIP?
In Play:

(T) Swamp
(T) Island
(T) Plains
(T) Mountain

RFG:

Oversoul

Life: 7

In Play:
-Forest x3 (T, T, T)
-Wall of Roots (0/3, U)
-Smokestack (2 counters)

Graveyard:

B

BigBlue

I made a huge error by not splitting my attack up the turn before... but then again maybe it wasn't.... I wonder if I'd have split between you and Mythosx if he'd have at least sent a few of those slivers your way instead.... the problem with a 9/7 or 10/8 Spiritmonger is it attracts a lot of attention... I came out far too aggressive to survive long... And if I hadn't killed the sliver deck, he'd have won... even with the smokestack. the heart & hibernation slivers hurt... I was hoping to still have some life... :) 2 is tough, with Spidey's flier...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Since mythosx is out, I'm curious as to why he didn't block with the Blade Sliver two turns ago. Did you think it didn't matter and just wanted to do an all-out attack before dying?

EOT BB's turn, I'm going to use the Top to look and rearrange cards... and Disenchant the Smokestack.

Untap, Draw, Glorious Anthem, Attack BB for 2, Done.

Life: 2 (0?)

RFG:

Spiderman

In Play:

(T, T, U) Plainsx3

(U) Skyhunter Prowler (2/4, flying, vigilance)

Glorious Anthem (my creatures get +1/+1)

Graveyard: Plains, Disenchant
RFG:

Oversoul

Life: 7

In Play:
-Forest x3 (T, T, T)
-Wall of Roots (0/3, U)