Tribal II - Big Blue Limited Mythosx Oversoul Spiderman

L

Limited

Well, I'll just untap and draw..

Play another morph (sorry for the confusion!)

Attack Spiderman with everything.

Blockers?

Limited
Life: 4
Library: 45
Hand: 2
In Play:
-3 Forest (TUU)
-4 Swamp (TTUU)
- Bane of the living (T) 4/3 {When unmorph, all creat get -x/-x}
- Saber Ants (T) 2/3 {I get insects for each damage dealt to it}
- Insect (T) 1/1
- Insect (T) 1/1
- Morph #4 (S)

- Broken Fall {enchantment. Return to hand: Regen target creature}

Graveyard: Eradicate, Nantuko Vigilante, Broodhatch Nantuko

Mythosx
Life: 15
Library: 120
In Play:
-(U,U) Islandx2
-(U,U,T) Forestx3
-(U,U,U) Plainsx3
-(U,U) Swampx2
-(U,U,U) Mountainx3

Graveyard: Explosive Vegetationx2, Harrow, Forest, Lay of the Land, Quick Sliver, Crystalline Sliver, Talon Sliver, Blade Sliver

BigBlue
Life: 51
Hand: 1
In Play:
-Plainsx3 (TTU)
-Starlit Sanctum (U) {T:1;B,T,Sacrifice a cleric:Target player loses life equal to cleric's power; W,T,Sacrifice a cleric: I gain life equal to cleric's toughness}
-Tainted Field (T)
-Scrubland (U)

(T) Zombie Token (2/2)
(T) Zombie Token (2/2)
(T) Zombie Token (2/2)
(T) Zombie Token (2/2)
(T) Zombie Token (2/2)
(S) Cabal Archon (2/2; B, Sacrifice a cleric: I gain 2 life, target player loses 2 life)

Graveyard: Doubtless One, Soul Warden, Crimson Acolyte, Master Apothecaryx2, Cabal Archon, Rotlung Reanimater

Oversoul
Life: 10^957 - 16
Library: 42
Hand: 5
In Play:
-Plains x4 (U, U, U, U)
-Lightning Greaves
Graveyard: Auriok Champion, Starlit Sanctum, Worthy Cause, Daru Spiritualist
RFG: Shaman en-Kor x4

Spiderman
Life: 12
Library: 41
Hand: 7
In Play:

(U, U, U, U, U, U) Plainsx6
(U) Sol Ring

-Land Tax (at the beginning of my upkeep, if an opponent controls more land than me, search my library for up to 3 basic lands, reveal them, and put them in my hand. Shuffle my library afterwards)

(U) Leonin Skyhunter (WW, 3/3, flying, equipped with Leonin Scimitar)
Leonin Scimitar (gives +1/+1, equip 1)
(U) Taj-Nar Swordsmith (3W, 2/3)

Graveyard: Wasteland, Swords To Plowshares, Umezawa's Jitte

B

BigBlue

(To the non-respond to morph ability....) Where this comes into play is say you have that 4/3 bane of the living, you can't respond with a shock to kill it before it's ability goes off... I don't know if that helps anyone understand the rule or not... :)

Ahhh Spidey, looking for the last second reprieve... :D (of course if he does anything dramatic... well, let's just say it screws the whole cycle of turns up a bit... I'm not trying to dissuade him or anything, just depending on what happens I may want to change my play up...

M

mythosx

Spiderman said:
Hold up. I want to see if mythos has a response to the Bane of Living from last round.

Thanks guys but as I posted earlier...I have declined to redo my last turn since I did not want to mess everything up

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
mythosx: You shouldn't worry about messing things up - you'd normally get a chance to respond and it's our fault for blowing past and keep going. So I say: mess things up! ;) Last chance... if you say nay, then I'll respond to the combat.

M

mythosx

Spiderman said:
mythosx: You shouldn't worry about messing things up - you'd normally get a chance to respond and it's our fault for blowing past and keep going. So I say: mess things up! ;) Last chance... if you say nay, then I'll respond to the combat.
nay...thanks though :)

L

Limited

I pay G1 to flip my morph..

It's a Tribal Forcemage! All insects get +2/+2 and trample. Joy!

You lose both your guys and take 10 damage, or do you have tricks up your sleeve?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Ugh. I'll Swords to Plowshares the one being blocked by my Skyhunter. Take the rest and my Swordsmith dies.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Not unless someone takes pity on you :)

I've updated the stats post. It's mythosx's turn.

Limited
Life: 7
In Play:
-3 Forest (TUU)
-4 Swamp (TTUU)
- Insect (T) 1/1
- Tribal Forcemage (U) 1/1 (when unmorph, creature type of your choice gets +2/+2 and trample)

Mythosx
Library: 120
In Play:
-(U,U) Islandx2
-(U,U,T) Forestx3
-(U,U,U) Plainsx3
-(U,U) Swampx2
-(U,U,U) Mountainx3

Graveyard: Explosive Vegetationx2, Harrow, Forest, Lay of the Land, Quick Sliver, Crystalline Sliver, Talon Sliver, Blade Sliver

BigBlue
In Play:
-Plainsx3 (TTU)
-Starlit Sanctum (U) {T:1;B,T,Sacrifice a cleric:Target player loses life equal to cleric's power; W,T,Sacrifice a cleric: I gain life equal to cleric's toughness}
-Tainted Field (T)
-Scrubland (U)

(T) Zombie Token (2/2)
(T) Zombie Token (2/2)
(T) Zombie Token (2/2)
(T) Zombie Token (2/2)
(T) Zombie Token (2/2)
(S) Cabal Archon (2/2; B, Sacrifice a cleric: I gain 2 life, target player loses 2 life)

Graveyard: Doubtless One, Soul Warden, Crimson Acolyte, Master Apothecaryx2, Cabal Archon, Rotlung Reanimater

Oversoul
In Play:
-Plains x4 (U, U, U, U)
-Lightning Greaves

Spiderman
Life: 2
Hand: 6
In Play:

(T, U, U, U, U, U) Plainsx6
(U) Sol Ring

-Land Tax (at the beginning of my upkeep, if an opponent controls more land than me, search my library for up to 3 basic lands, reveal them, and put them in my hand. Shuffle my library afterwards)

Graveyard: Wasteland, Swords To Plowshares, Umezawa's Jitte, Swords to Plowshares, Taj-Nar Swordsmith

L

Limited

incidentally, shouldn't my life total be five (or eight, depending on wether Spidey plays the Swords in response to or after the Tribalmage's unmorphing)?

And shouldn't Spidey be at two? (you were at twelve and took 6 from the Bane of the Living and 4 from the Saber Ants)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I played it after the unmorphing, so I think you're at 7 (the Insect token became 3/3, right?)

Sorry, I didn't know the Saber Ants and Bane of the Living was an Insect, yes, my life total is 2.

All corrected.

B

BigBlue

Because I'm too busy to look it up... Shouldn't more lands of Limited's be tapped from the final morph cost (forcemage)?

L

Limited

Spiderman said:
I played it after the unmorphing, so I think you're at 7
Thank you!
Spidey said:
(the Insect token became 3/3, right?)
Yes he did.. I am just having the troubles with the math.. (math is hard tee hee)
Webslinger said:
Sorry, I didn't know the Saber Ants and Bane of the Living was an Insect
Of course they are! Wouldn't be much of a tribal deck if they weren't (I know the Tribal Forcemage isn't a Insect, but it fitted the whole insect-token-generating and morph-stuff too well)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I know, I know, in retrospect, especially the Ants, but just off the top of my head and not having looked at the cards recently, I just looked at the obvious Insects tokens and just gave them the Forcemage bonus in my mind :)

M

mythosx

Untap Upkeep draw-

Tap one of each land lay a sliver overlord....done...

Limited
In Play:
-3 Forest (TUU)
-4 Swamp (TTUU)
- Insect (T) 1/1
- Tribal Forcemage (U) 1/1 (when unmorph, creature type of your choice gets +2/+2 and trample)

Mythosx
Library: 119
In Play:
-(T,U) Islandx2
-(T,U,U) Forestx3
-(T,U,U) Plainsx3
-(T,U) Swampx2
-(T,U,U) Mountainx3
-(U) Sliver Overlord (7/7, 3: Gain control of target sliver permenantly. 3: Search your library for a sliver spell, reveal it and put it in your hand.)

BigBlue
In Play:
-Plainsx3 (TTU)
-Tainted Field (T)
-Scrubland (U)

(T) Zombie Token (2/2)
(T) Zombie Token (2/2)
(T) Zombie Token (2/2)
(T) Zombie Token (2/2)
(T) Zombie Token (2/2)

Oversoul
In Play:
-Plains x4 (U, U, U, U)
-Lightning Greaves

Spiderman
In Play:

(U) Sol Ring

Graveyard: Wasteland, Swords To Plowshares, Umezawa's Jitte, Swords to Plowshares, Taj-Nar Swordsmith

B

BigBlue

Sigh..... Wish I had some of those Mad Top Deck Skillz...

Untap, Upkeep, Draw, Go.

Limited
In Play:
-3 Forest (TUU)
-4 Swamp (TTUU)
- Insect (T) 1/1

Mythosx
Library: 119
In Play:
-(T,U) Islandx2
-(T,U,U) Forestx3
-(T,U,U) Plainsx3
-(T,U) Swampx2
-(T,U,U) Mountainx3
-(U) Sliver Overlord (7/7, 3: Gain control of target sliver permenantly. 3: Search your library for a sliver spell, reveal it and put it in your hand.)

BigBlue
Library: 44
In Play:
-Plainsx3 (UUU)
-Tainted Field (U)
-Scrubland (U)

(U) Zombie Token (2/2)
(U) Zombie Token (2/2)
(U) Zombie Token (2/2)
(U) Zombie Token (2/2)
(U) Zombie Token (2/2)
(U) Cabal Archon (2/2; B, Sacrifice a cleric: I gain 2 life, target player loses 2 life)

Oversoul
In Play:
-Plains x4 (U, U, U, U)
-Lightning Greaves

Spiderman
In Play:

(U) Sol Ring