Tribal II - Big Blue Limited Mythosx Oversoul Spiderman

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
As BB mentioned, he already sent me his play. He also specified that he takes the damage from the attack (he predicted you would attack him--BB is psychic). BB's play is an exciting draw, go.

Mine is to draw, drop an Auriok Champion, equip it with Lightning Greaves, and say go.

I'm pretty sure that one of you will kill the other off before I go (and as much as I'd like to help speed that up, what I'm drawing isn't very damaging), but dealing with the survivor will be another issue entirely...

Well, your turn yet again, Mythosx.

Mythosx
Life: 2
Library: 112
Hand: 3
In Play:
-(T,T) Islandx2
-(T,T,T) Forestx3
-(T,T,T) Plainsx3
-(T,T,T,T) Swampx2
-(T,T,T) Mountainx3
-(T) Sliver Token (1/1, Colorless Sliver Token.)
-(U) Barbed Sliver (2/2, All slivers gain, "2: this sliver gets +1/+0".)
Graveyard: Quick Sliver, Sliver Overlord, Explosive Vegetationx2, Harrow, Forest, Lay of the Land, Quick Sliver, Crystalline Sliver, Talon Sliver, Blade Sliver
Removed From Game: Sliver Overlord

BigBlue
Life: 36
Library: 40
Hand: 5
In Play:
-Plainsx3 (UUU)
-Starlit Sanctum (U) {T:1;B,T,Sacrifice a cleric:Target player loses life equal to cleric's power; W,T,Sacrifice a cleric: I gain life equal to cleric's toughness}
-Tainted Field (U)
-Scrubland (U)

Graveyard: Doubtless One, Soul Warden, Crimson Acolyte, Master Apothecaryx2, Cabal Archon, Rotlung Reanimater, Cabal Archon

Oversoul
Life: 10^957 - 18
Library: 37
Hand: 6
In Play:
-Plains x5 (T, T, U, U, U)
-Auriok Champion (1/1, U)
-Lightning Greaves (attached to Auriok Champion)
Graveyard: Swords to Plowshares, Swords to Plowshares, Auriok Champion, Starlit Sanctum, Worthy Cause, Daru Spiritualist
RFG: Shaman en-Kor x4

B

BigBlue

My only response to any of this is..... ouch.... you are up Mythosx... (I wanted to clarify though, you only hit me for 8 with your sacrificing - there were only 4 tokens avaiable - which is why you had the one to swing with... and you did do the proper 8 damange... but you listed it as 10)

M

mythosx

my bad...I'll get to my turn as soon as I go home...Im pretty much still dead unless I can get some life gain asap...

M

mythosx

Untap, upkeep, draw...play a forest and drop a crystalline sliver...booo

done...done for that is

Mythosx
Life: 2
Hand: 2
In Play:
-(T,U) Islandx2
-(U,U,U,U) Forestx3
-(T,U,U) Plainsx3
-(U,U,U,U) Swampx2
-(U,U,U) Mountainx3
-(U) Sliver Token (1/1, Colorless Sliver Token.)
-(U) Barbed Sliver (2/2, All slivers gain, "2: this sliver gets +1/+0".)
-(U) Crystalline Sliver (2/2, Slivers cannot be the target of spells or abilities.)
Graveyard: Quick Sliver, Sliver Overlord, Explosive Vegetationx2, Harrow, Forest, Lay of the Land, Quick Sliver, Crystalline Sliver, Talon Sliver, Blade Sliver, Acidic Sliver, Sliver Queen
Removed From Game: Sliver Overlord

BigBlue
Library: 40
In Play:
-Plainsx3 (UUU)
-Starlit Sanctum (U) {T:1;B,T,Sacrifice a cleric:Target player loses life equal to cleric's power; W,T,Sacrifice a cleric: I gain life equal to cleric's toughness}
-Tainted Field (U)
-Scrubland (U)

Graveyard: Doubtless One, Soul Warden, Crimson Acolyte, Master Apothecaryx2, Cabal Archon, Rotlung Reanimater, Cabal Archon

Oversoul
Life: 10^957 - 18
In Play:
-Auriok Champion (1/1, U)
Graveyard: Swords to Plowshares, Swords to Plowshares, Auriok Champion, Starlit Sanctum, Worthy Cause, Daru Spiritualist

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
The life I just gained from your Crystalline Sliver will surely assist me in my battle against BB. Actually, can't you still topdeck something and pull through?

B

BigBlue

Untap, draw, and sadly for Mythosx.... play a Swamp, Play another False Prophet (using all 3 plains and the Tainted Field to cast him), Activate the Sanctum with the swamp, sacrificing the False Prophet to have mythosx lose 2 life, done after that.

Now.... how am I going to deal 10^957 in damage..... :(

Mythosx
Life: 2 (0?)
In Play:
-(T,U) Islandx2
-(U,U,U,U) Forestx3
-(T,U,U) Plainsx3
-(U,U,U,U) Swampx2
-(U,U,U) Mountainx3
Graveyard: Quick Sliver, Sliver Overlord, Explosive Vegetationx2, Harrow, Forest, Lay of the Land, Quick Sliver, Crystalline Sliver, Talon Sliver, Blade Sliver, Acidic Sliver, Sliver Queen
Removed From Game: Sliver Overlord, Barbed Sliver, Crystalline Sliver

BigBlue
Library: 39
Hand: 4
In Play:
-Plainsx3 (TTT)
-Starlit Sanctum (T) {T:1;B,T,Sacrifice a cleric:Target player loses life equal to cleric's power; W,T,Sacrifice a cleric: I gain life equal to cleric's toughness}
-Tainted Field (T)
-Swamp(T)
-Scrubland (U)

Graveyard: Doubtless One, Soul Warden, Crimson Acolyte, Master Apothecaryx2, Cabal Archon, Rotlung Reanimater, Cabal Archon, False Prophet, False Prophet

Removed From Game : none

Oversoul
Life: 10^957 - 17
In Play:

RFG: Shaman en-Kor x4, Auriok Champion

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
In response to BB's activation of Starlit Sanctum, I'll tap out to Worthy Cause Auriok Champion with the buyback.

Untap, draw, Plains, go.

Mythosx
Life: 2 (0?)
In Play:
-(T,U) Islandx2
-(U,U,U,U) Forestx3
-(T,U,U) Plainsx3
-(U,U,U,U) Swampx2
-(U,U,U) Mountainx3
Removed From Game: Sliver Overlord, Barbed Sliver, Crystalline Sliver

BigBlue
Library: 39
In Play:
-Plainsx3 (TTT)
-Starlit Sanctum (T) {T:1;B,T,Sacrifice a cleric:Target player loses life equal to cleric's power; W,T,Sacrifice a cleric: I gain life equal to cleric's toughness}
-Tainted Field (T)
-Swamp(T)
-Scrubland (U)

Graveyard: Doubtless One, Soul Warden, Crimson Acolyte, Master Apothecaryx2, Cabal Archon, Rotlung Reanimater, Cabal Archon, False Prophet, False Prophet

Oversoul
Life: 10^957 - 15
In Play:
-Plains x6 (U, U, U, U, U, U)
-Lightning Greaves

Graveyard:Auriok Champion, Swords to Plowshares, Swords to Plowshares, Auriok Champion, Starlit Sanctum, Worthy Cause, Daru Spiritualist

M

mythosx

i be dead...clerics...my only weakness...how did you know?....i needed to draw a victual sliver...but it didn't happen...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
And so it is down to the two cleric decks. Now priest will be pitted against priest...

Mythosx: The clerics finished you off, but I think it was the insects that caused the bulk of your problems. On one hand, I'm glad Limited limited you so much because you were the biggest threat. Your Sliver Overlord threatened to fetch an army of slivers to bring down the others so that you could finish me off at your own leisure. On the other hand, Limited's little stunt with the Eradicate hurt me quite a bit. Losing one Shaman isn't that bad. Losing all of them is...

L

Limited

Oversoul said:
Mythosx: The clerics finished you off, but I think it was the insects that caused the bulk of your problems. On one hand, I'm glad Limited limited you so much because you were the biggest threat. Your Sliver Overlord threatened to fetch an army of slivers to bring down the others so that you could finish me off at your own leisure. On the other hand, Limited's little stunt with the Eradicate hurt me quite a bit. Losing one Shaman isn't that bad. Losing all of them is...
Well, the main reason for flipping the Bane of the Living were BB's clerics actually... Especially with the Apothecary. Killing a lot of Slivers was just a bonus ;).
And, I would like to add, I did not swords any Overlord or Queen, which could have given the game to Mythosx. (Because I couldn't, not because I didn't want to)

Oversoul: You still have the Lightning Creaves right? And you probably need a win-condition now, not more life. You've made it hard enough voor BB to kill you..

And I am still curious to know what Mythosx could have done in response to me flipping my Bane of the Living

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
BigBlue said:
Now.... how am I going to deal 10^957 in damage.....
You pretty much have to deck him... I thought it might be interesting to have all four of us gang up on Oversoul and see if we could actually bring him down, but I guess in the process each of us would be too powerful (well, some of us :) ) to bring down the others.

I knew I shouldn't have tapped out right before Oversoul did the "plenty-of-life" thing... I could have Swords the Shaman way early in the combo. :(

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Limited said:
And, I would like to add, I did not swords any Overlord or Queen, which could have given the game to Mythosx. (Because I couldn't, not because I didn't want to)
I think you misinterpreted my post. I was the one who took out the Overlord. I brought up the Overlord because it was the most obvious example of Mythosx's potential to dominate things (what with his having enough lands to fetch and overwhelming number of slivers including the Queen). Oh, and you did kill the Crystalline Sliver, which enabled me to kill the Overlord. I don't have much in this deck as far as nontargeting creature kill goes, and I probably would not have drawn it until after Mythosx had already gone crazy with his slivers. So yeah, I think if not for your interference, Mythosx would have stood a good chance of winning. Such is multiplayer...

Oversoul: You still have the Lightning Creaves right? And you probably need a win-condition now, not more life. You've made it hard enough voor BB to kill you..
Nonsense. My goal this game has been to gain life, hence the third turn infinite life combo. Win conditions are for decks that don't have 10^957 life. And yes, I still have Lightning Greaves, although I'd prefer to have my Shamans back... :rolleyes:

Spiderman said:
I knew I shouldn't have tapped out right before Oversoul did the "plenty-of-life" thing... I could have Swords the Shaman way early in the combo. :(
"In response to Spidey's Swords, I activate Shaman targeting Daru Spiritualist, then activate Shaman targeting Daru Spiritualist, then activate..."

L

Limited

Probably ment, "In response to you playing a Daru Spiritualist, I swords the Shaman"..

Oversoul: So no intention of winning, other than decking people?
You are right about the slivers; forgot I took out a Crystaline..

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Nah, I didn't know about the combo, so I wouldn't have done it then. So I guess I would have wasted a Swords...

M

mythosx

Yeah good game guys. It was the bane of the living that did get me...I might have been able to keep my guys alive if I had responded but it's just a game...

It was a crazy draw in the beginning as I had a queen (1 out of 2) and an overlord (1 of 4) in my opening hand. I was hoping to have enough time to go for a mindwhip sliver to strip all the cards from your hands before I went off just in case but it didn't happen....

I was really afraid that one of you guys was packing a final judgement which pretty much wrecks me...I was about to let the second swords through on my overlord but it would have put me at 9 or 11 life, and I could have tutored for another one, but I saw the insects looming down on me and I had to take Limited out since he was going to probaby kill me. I didn't really want to attack anyone since I wanted to win in one swoop but I really had no choice seeing how he dealt me 10 the previous turn I couldn't really leave it up to chance.

As you guys guess the swords weren't much of a threat. Crystalline sliver and ward sliver gives me all the protection I needed...but I couldn't do much against the bane of the living.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Limited said:
Probably ment, "In response to you playing a Daru Spiritualist, I swords the Shaman"..

Oversoul: So no intention of winning, other than decking people?
You are right about the slivers; forgot I took out a Crystaline..
Then THAT would have been where the Lightning Greaves would come in handy. The Shaman was my first choice of infinite combos though, and has more tricks available to it. I haven't needed it again since, but losing all four of them to Eradicate was the hardest blow I've taken yet (Spidey Wastelanding the Sanctum was annoying, but not nearly as deleterious).

I hoped to win from the beginning and still hope to win, but my whole purpose behind playing this deck was to have a life total expressed in scientific notation. Winning would just be the icing on the cake. I do have a win condition, but I don't know that I'll be able to get it past BB's clerics, although I prefer trying to finish him off to trying to get past Mythosx's slivers...

B

BigBlue

Well, well well.... and then there were 2....

Can I survive against another cleric deck long enough to deck him... After calculating things out - I can't even do 1000 damage....

Untap, Draw, Play Aven Redeemer, Done.

BigBlue
Library: 38
In Play:
-Plainsx3 (TTT)
-Tainted Field (U)
-Swamp(T)
-Scrubland (U)

(S) Aven Redeemer(2/2 Flying; T:prevent the next 2 damage to target player or creature)

Oversoul
In Play:
-Plains x6 (U, U, U, U, U, U)
-Lightning Greaves

Graveyard:Auriok Champion, Swords to Plowshares, Swords to Plowshares, Auriok Champion, Starlit Sanctum, Worthy Cause, Daru Spiritualist

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Untap, draw, Plains, go.

I just had a sort of epiphany. This game might take longer than I previously anticipated...

Edit: Okay, I have some mental calculations to do in order to determine my strategy here. None of it will affect what I'm doing this turn or my next turn though. But I am so kicking myself for not splashing black as BB did. If I had done so, I'd probably have won the game by now...

BigBlue
Library: 38
In Play:
-Plainsx3 (TTT)
-Tainted Field (U)
-Swamp(T)
-Scrubland (U)

(S) Aven Redeemer(2/2 Flying; T:prevent the next 2 damage to target player or creature)

Oversoul
Library: 35
In Play:
-Plains x7 (U, U, U, U, U, U, U)
-Lightning Greaves

B

BigBlue

If I get you to even minus 150 I'll consider that a huge victory...

Untap, Draw, Attack with the Redeemer, Done.

BigBlue
In Play:
-Plainsx3 (UUU)
-Tainted Field (U)
-Swamp(U)
-Scrubland (U)

(T) Aven Redeemer(2/2 Flying; T:prevent the next 2 damage to target player or creature)

Oversoul
Life: 10^957 - 15 (-17?)
Library: 35
In Play:
-Lightning Greaves

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I take the attack, of course.

Draw, Daru Spiritualist, equip with Lightning Greaves, swing. Done after that.

BigBlue
Life: 35?
In Play:
-Plainsx3 (UUU)
-Tainted Field (U)
-Swamp(U)
-Scrubland (U)

(T) Aven Redeemer(2/2 Flying; T:prevent the next 2 damage to target player or creature)

Oversoul
Life: 10^957 - 17
Library: 34
In Play:
-Daru Spiritualist (1/1, T)
-Lightning Greaves (attached to Daru Spiritualist)