Tribal Game 6

Discussion in 'Games Run By CPA Members' started by Spiderman, Feb 6, 2007.

1. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

Untap, upkeep, draw,
    Mistform Warchief
    Palinchron (float 1 U)
    Responses?

Spidey: 24
    Hand: 5
    Library: 38
    In Play:

(T,U) Forest x2
    (T,T) Plains x2
    (U) Quicksand (T: add 1 to my mana pool. T, sac ~: Target attacking creature w/o flying gets -1/-2 ueot)
    (U) Desert (T: add 1 to my mana pool. T: ~ deals 1 dmg to target attacking creature. Play this ability only during the end of combat step)

(T) Sol Ring (T: add 2 to my mana pool)

(U) Metamorphic Wurm (3/3, Threshold - ~ gets +4/+4)
    (U) Trained Armodon (3/3)
    (T) Endangered Armodon (4/5, when I control a creature whose toughness is 2 or less, sac ~)
    (U) Southern Elephant (3/4)
    (U) Loxodon Hierarch (4/4, when ~ CIP, gain 4 life. GW, sac ~: regen every creature you control)
    (T) Noble Elephant (3/3, banding, trample)
    (S) Loxodon Stalwart (3/3, vigilence, W: ~ gains +0/+1 ueot)

Graveyard: Wasteland, Strip Mine, Loxodon Mendor
    RFG:

DarthFerret: 10
    Hand: 3
    Library: 40
    In Play:

(U,U) Desert
    (T,T,T,T) Forest x4
    (U) Heart of Yavimaya (T:G , or T: Target critter gets +1/+1)
    (U) Maze of Ith (You just thought it was an attacking creature)

(U) Jolrael's Centaur (2/2, Flanking, cannot be the target of spells or abilities)
    (U) Skyshooter (1/2, can block flyers; T: Sac to kill an attacking or blocking critter with flying)
    (U) Seton's Scout (2/1, can block flying, Threshold: +2/+2)
    (U) Centaur Rootcaster (2/2, When this deals combat damage to a player, I can search for a basic land and put it into play tapped)
    (U) Citanul Centaurs (6/3, Echo, cannot be the target of spells or abilities)
    (U) Seton, Krosan Protector (2/2, Tap an untaped Druid I control to add G to my mana pool)

Graveyard: Whirlwind, Forest, Gaea's Cradle
    RFG:

Oversoul: 19
    Library: 35
    In Play:

(T, T, U, U, U, U, U) Island x7

-(U) Coral Merfolk (4/3; Islandwalk)
    -(S) Coral Merfolk (4/3; Islandwalk)
    -(U) Coral Trickster (4/3; Islandwalk; can tap a target when it flips, Morph: U)
    -(U) Coral Trickster (4/3; Islandwalk; can tap a target when it flips, Morph: U)
    -(U) Lord of Atlantis (3/3; Islandwalk; Gives other merfolk +1/+1 and islandwalk)
    -(U) Lord of Atlantis (3/3; Islandwalk; Gives other merfolk +1/+1 and islandwalk)
    -(U) River Merfolk (4/3; Islandwalk; U: gains Mountainwalk)
    -(U) Face-down creature (2/2)

Graveyard: Brainstorm, Brainstorm, Force of Will, Counterspell
    RFG: Counterspell

Mooseman: 17
    Hand: 4
    Library: 36
    In Play:

(T) Tundra (T: Add either U or W )
    (U) Treva's Ruins (T: Add G, W, or U to your mana pool.)
    (UUU) Island

Mirari's Wake (Creatures you control get +1/+1. Whenever you tap a land for mana, add one mana to your mana pool of any type that land produced.)
    Rhystic Deluge (U: tap a creature unless controller pays 1)

(U) Isochron Scepter (Imprinted w/Boomerang) (2T: You may copy the imprinted instant card and play the copy without paying its mana cost)
    (U) Isochron Scepter (Imprinted w/Trickbind) (2T: You may copy the imprinted instant card and play the copy without paying its mana cost)

(U) DreamStalker (Illusion 1/5, When ~ comes into play, return a permanent you control to its owner's hand)
    (U) Mistform Warchief (Illusion 1/3, Creature spells you play that share a creature type with Mistform Warchief cost {1} less to play.
    T: Mistform Warchief's type becomes the creature type of your choice until end of turn.)
    (S) Mistform Warchief (Illusion 1/3, Creature spells you play that share a creature type with Mistform Warchief cost {1} less to play.
    T: Mistform Warchief's type becomes the creature type of your choice until end of turn.)
    (S) Palinchon (Illusion 4/5, Flying When Palinchron comes into play, untap up to seven lands. 2UU: Return Palinchron to owner's hand.)

Graveyard: Krovikan Mist, Intuition, Island, Island, Treva's Ruins, Aura Thief
    RFG:Boomerang, Trickbind
  2. Oversoul The Tentacled One

Hard-cast Force of Will, countering the Palinchron.
  3. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

Cast counterspell on the FoW.
    Responses?
  4. Oversoul The Tentacled One

Pitch Counterspell to Force of Will the Palinchron. And now my hand is empty.
  5. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

I am done and done for and I take 1 point of mana burn.

You had 2 force of wills in your hand?????? Wow, some amazingly luck. :(
  6. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Hope this is right.

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Attack Oversoul with the Noble Elephant and Stalwart banded together.
    Responses/blocks?

Hand: 6
    Library: 37
    In Play:

(U,U) Forest x2
    (U,U) Plains x2
    (U) Quicksand (T: add 1 to my mana pool. T, sac ~: Target attacking creature w/o flying gets -1/-2 ueot)
    (U) Desert (T: add 1 to my mana pool. T: ~ deals 1 dmg to target attacking creature. Play this ability only during the end of combat step)

(U) Sol Ring (T: add 2 to my mana pool)

(U) Endangered Armodon (4/5, when I control a creature whose toughness is 2 or less, sac ~)
    (U) Loxodon Hierarch (4/4, when ~ CIP, gain 4 life. GW, sac ~: regen every creature you control)
    (U) Loxodon Stalwart (3/3, vigilence, W: ~ gains +0/+1 ueot)

RFG:

In Play:

(U,U) Desert
    (T,T,T,T) Forest x4

(U) Jolrael's Centaur (2/2, Flanking, cannot be the target of spells or abilities)
    (U) Skyshooter (1/2, can block flyers; T: Sac to kill an attacking or blocking critter with flying)
    (U) Centaur Rootcaster (2/2, When this deals combat damage to a player, I can search for a basic land and put it into play tapped)
    (U) Seton, Krosan Protector (2/2, Tap an untaped Druid I control to add G to my mana pool)

RFG:

Oversoul: 18
    Hand: 0
    In Play:

(T, T, T, T, T, T, T) Island x7

Graveyard: Brainstorm, Brainstorm, Force of Will, Counterspell, Force of Will, Force of Will
    RFG: Counterspell, Counterspell

In Play:

(TTU) Island

Mirari's Wake (Creatures you control get +1/+1. Whenever you tap a land for mana, add one mana to your mana pool of any type that land produced.)

(U) Isochron Scepter (Imprinted w/Boomerang) (2T: You may copy the imprinted instant card and play the copy without paying its mana cost)
    (U) Isochron Scepter (Imprinted w/Trickbind) (2T: You may copy the imprinted instant card and play the copy without paying its mana cost)

(U) DreamStalker (Illusion 1/5, When ~ comes into play, return a permanent you control to its owner's hand)
    (U) Mistform Warchief (Illusion 1/3, Creature spells you play that share a creature type with Mistform Warchief cost {1} less to play.
    (S) Mistform Warchief (Illusion 1/3, Creature spells you play that share a creature type with Mistform Warchief cost {1} less to play.

Graveyard: Krovikan Mist, Intuition, Island, Island, Treva's Ruins, Aura Thief, Counterspell, Palinchon
  7. Oversoul The Tentacled One

No! That isn't right at all. I don't know why you'd imagine it would be. By the time you finish me off, Mooseman will find a second Palinchron.

No blocks.
  8. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

How can that be when you can kill him with one alpha strike of your guys?

You take 6.

Done.

In Play:

(U,U) Forest x2
    (U,U) Plains x2

(U) Endangered Armodon (4/5, when I control a creature whose toughness is 2 or less, sac ~)

RFG:

In Play:

(U,U) Desert
    (T,T,T,T) Forest x4

RFG:

Oversoul: 12
    In Play:

Graveyard: Brainstorm, Brainstorm, Force of Will, Counterspell, Force of Will, Force of Will

In Play:

(TTU) Island

Graveyard: Krovikan Mist, Intuition, Island, Island, Treva's Ruins, Aura Thief, Counterspell, Palinchon
  9. Oversoul The Tentacled One

Yeah, but then you'd kill me.
  10. DarthFerret Evil Sith Weasel

And then I kill Spidey and win...sounds like a good plan to me! :rolleyes:

I will be doing my turn a little later, the deck is at home, and I am going to try to get off work early today....
  11. DarthFerret Evil Sith Weasel

Untap, upkeep, draw, done. (how boring!)

In Play:

(U,U) Forest x2
    (U,U) Plains x2

RFG:

Library: 39
    In Play:

(U,U) Desert
    (U,U,U,U) Forest x4

RFG:

In Play:

In Play:

(TTU) Island

RFG:Boomerang, Trickbind[/QUOTE]
  12. Oversoul The Tentacled One

Untap, upkeep, draw, Rhystic Deluge, done.

In Play:

(U,U) Forest x2
    (U,U) Plains x2

RFG:

In Play:

(U,U) Desert
    (U,U,U,U) Forest x4

RFG:

Library: 34
    In Play:

(T, T, T, U, U, U, U) Island x7

In Play:

(TTU) Island

13. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

Untap, upkeep, draw,
    Palinchon
    Responses?

In Play:

(U,U) Forest x2
    (U,U) Plains x2

RFG:

In Play:

(U,U) Desert
    (U,U,U,U) Forest x4

RFG:

Library: 34
    In Play:

(T, T, T, U, U, U, U) Island x7

In Play:

(TTU) Island

(S) Palinchon (Illusion 4/5, Flying When Palinchron comes into play, untap up to seven lands. 2UU: Return Palinchron to owner's hand.)

14. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Whoomp, there it is... :D

No responses.
  15. Oversoul The Tentacled One

16. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

If DF has nothing
    I will untap all my lands
    tap 2 islands to put it back into my hand
    tap 2 lands to recast it (I have 1 U floating)
    Rinse/Repeat 449 times
    Cast Brain Freeze targeting each of you 150, times.
    Done
  17. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

And thus the combo <sigh> And I actually had some cards in my deck to prevent that (like Rule of Law).

Good game everyone. I'll start a thread for the next.
  18. DarthFerret Evil Sith Weasel

Nope, nothin here, all I had was 2 hurricanes and 2 tribal unities...
  19. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

You two should have listened to Oversoul.... he saw it coming.....
  20. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Yeah, but he was out of Counterspells and there's not much we can do (at least, I don't think there was).

Besides, he could have easily killed you (and gotten another kill point :) ) He just had send in 5 of his guys at the most. That's what puzzles me...