Tribal Game 6

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
If you two would have attacked me instead, he might have felt safer to attack with enough to kill me, but I could bounce one of his Lords to lower all his attackers power.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
If he had attacked on his turn right before you won, he could have killed you because you didn't have enough mana to bounce his Lord(s).

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I could only ever bounce one Lord at a time. And I had a land untapped, with Wake it makes UU....
If both you and DF would have attacked me, I would have had to use the bounce or die (not enough blockers), but then Oversould may have swooped in on one of you instead, not knowing I had the other Palinchron in my hand.
This is why multi-player chaos games are so fun.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Whoa, it's a good thing I didn't have to test it. I kept reading your Scepter as needing 3 mana to activate for some reason... :rolleyes:

Since Oversoul didn't block my attack, I thought he might have been saving up to attack you. But since he didn't, that just made his choice to not block me pretty puzzling... plus, I think he could have plinked away at you with just a couple dudes ever since Limited died and still had enough blockers to hold off DF and me (since it's highly doubtful either of us would have committed all of our creatures to an attack since we had to watch out for each other too).

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Spiderman said:
Since Oversoul didn't block my attack, I thought he might have been saving up to attack you. But since he didn't, that just made his choice to not block me pretty puzzling...
That was a bit strange to me too.
Spiderman said:
I think he could have plinked away at you with just a couple dudes ever since Limited died and still had enough blockers to hold off DF and me (since it's highly doubtful either of us would have committed all of our creatures to an attack since we had to watch out for each other too).
I was wondering why he never attacked me, even with just one Island walker...... I thought maybe he had some combo he was waiting for, that would allow him to get us all at once. You two were easy, a dream thrush or Phantasmal Terrain or Political Trickery or Reef Shaman or Sea's Claim would have made you open to attack and maybe something to power up the creatures again, or another Lord or two.....

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Spiderman said:
Since Oversoul didn't block my attack, I thought he might have been saving up to attack you.
I didn't block your first attack because I was going to try to keep your banding creature tapped out for a few turns (the face-down creature was a Coral Trickster, obviously) and buy time to draw Cowardice or another Lord of Atlantis, which never happened.

But why did you attack me in the first place when you knew Mooseman could kill us all once he drew another Palinchron? Did you think attacking me would make me attack Mooseman?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Mooseman: I think that if he had done that, we would have all out attacked him since otherwise we were sure to lose :)

Oversoul: I honestly never considered the implications of Palinchron and combo-ing us to death; I just thought it was another flier. Mooseman hasn't been doing combos before (unless he just got killed too early, I can't remember) so like DF last game, it was a bit unexpected.

mythosx: Cool! Sign up in the Tribal 7 thread.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Spiderman said:
Oversoul: I honestly never considered the implications of Palinchron and combo-ing us to death; I just thought it was another flier. Mooseman hasn't been doing combos before (unless he just got killed too early, I can't remember) so like DF last game, it was a bit unexpected.
Ah. That explains it. Well, I guess you'll always remember about Palinchron now.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
And yet Mooseman remembered that he could get infinite storm count with Mirari's Wake and Palinchron...

He must be a very resilient old man! :p