Tribal Game #10

R

rokapoke

Of course, the question of why MM cast it for 17 damage in the first place remains... he only stood to gain the 7 life that DF had at the time of casting.

D

DarthFerret

More than likely is that he has plans for his remaining untapped mana, and 17 happens to be the number he gets with both the coffers tapped ...

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Nope. Just wanted to make sure you couldn't gain life to counter act it. But you had what you needed, so I'm done and done for......

BB it's your turn.....

B

BigBlue

Yuck... I knew MM had a DL... w/ the coffers and the tutor... I figured I was dead... but then I got taken down w/ 2 Eye for an Eye...

Untap, Upkeep, Draw

(Boy, so few options now)

Play Stalking Vengeance
Attach Sword on it
Hit DF for 8
Gain 3
Get back Avatar of Fury
Play Avatar of Fury
Done.

BigBlue: 1 4?
Hand: 1
Library: 37
In Play:

(U) Gauntlet of Might (Whenever a Mountain is tapped for mana it produces an add'l R; Red creatures get +1/+1)
(U) Sword of Light and Shadow (Equip: 2; Equipped creature gains +2/+2; Protection from Black; Protection from White and when it deals combat dmg to a player, I gain 3 life and may return a creature from my GY to my Hand) ~wielded w/ a Vengeance

(TT) Blood Crypt (T:R or B; Mountain Swamp; cip stuff) x2
(T) Tainted Peak (T:1; T: R or B - only if I control a Swamp)
(T) Mountain
(TT) Badlands (T: R or B; Mountain Swamp)

(T) Stalking Vengeance (8/8; Protection from Black; Protection from White; Haste; Whenever another creature I control is put into a GY from play, it deals dmg to target player equal to it's power) ~ +1/+1 from Gauntlet ~Carrying a big Stick
(S) Avatar of Fury (6/6; Flying; R:+1/+0 until eot; Reduced Cost) ~+1/+1 from Gauntlet

Graveyard: Avatar of Woe, Avatar of Fury, Terminate, Scion of Darkness, Sneak Attack, Sword of Light and Shadow, Avatar of Woe, Scion of Darkness, Stalking Vengeance, Sneak Attack, Inferno, Demigod of Revenge, Avatar of Woe
RFG:
--------------------------------------

DarthFerret: 24 16?
Library: 40
In Play:

(T,T,T,T,T,U) Plains x 6
(T,T) Desert (T:1 colorless, T: deal 1 damage to target attacking creature after it deals its damage)

Enchant: Crusade (All white creatures gain +1/+1)

Graveyard: Swords to Plowshares, Gravel Slinger, Wrath of God, D'Vaenant Archer, Elite Archers, Ballista Squad, Eye for an Eye, Eye for an Eye, Wrath of God, Heavy Ballista, Reverse Damage
RFG: White Knight

Mooseman: 6
Hand: 3
Library: 38
In Play:

(UUUUTTTT) Swamp x8
(T) Cabal coffers (2, Tap: Add B to your mana pool for each swamp you control.)
(U) Sol Ring (T:2)

Crawlspace (A, No more than two creatures can attack you each combat.)

Graveyard: Guiltfeeder, Nihilith, Creakwood Liege, Cruel Edict, Demonic Tutor, Phyrexian Rager
RFG: Urborg Shambler

D

DarthFerret

UUD, done.

BigBlue: 4
In Play:

(U) Gauntlet of Might (Whenever a Mountain is tapped for mana it produces an add'l R; Red creatures get +1/+1)
(U) Sword of Light and Shadow (Equip: 2; Equipped creature gains +2/+2; Protection from Black; Protection from White and when it deals combat dmg to a player, I gain 3 life and may return a creature from my GY to my Hand) ~wielded w/ a Vengeance

(T) Mountain

(T) Stalking Vengeance (8/8; Protection from Black; Protection from White; Haste; Whenever another creature I control is put into a GY from play, it deals dmg to target player equal to it's power) ~ +1/+1 from Gauntlet ~Carrying a big Stick
(S) Avatar of Fury (6/6; Flying; R:+1/+0 until eot; Reduced Cost) ~+1/+1 from Gauntlet

Graveyard: Avatar of Woe, Avatar of Fury, Terminate, Scion of Darkness, Sneak Attack, Sword of Light and Shadow, Avatar of Woe, Scion of Darkness, Stalking Vengeance, Sneak Attack, Inferno, Demigod of Revenge, Avatar of Woe
RFG:

DarthFerret: 16
Hand: 2
Library: 39
In Play:

(U,U,U,U,U,U) Plains x 6
(U,U) Desert (T:1 colorless, T: deal 1 damage to target attacking creature after it deals its damage)

Graveyard: Swords to Plowshares, Gravel Slinger, Wrath of God, D'Vaenant Archer, Elite Archers, Ballista Squad, Eye for an Eye, Eye for an Eye, Wrath of God, Heavy Ballista, Reverse Damage

Hand: 3
In Play:

(UUUUTTTT) Swamp x8

Graveyard: Guiltfeeder, Nihilith, Creakwood Liege, Cruel Edict, Demonic Tutor, Phyrexian Rager

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Well this doesn't look good for me.....
UUD,Done

In Play:

(T) Mountain

RFG:

In Play:

(U,U,U,U,U,U) Plains x 6
(U,U) Desert (T:1 colorless, T: deal 1 damage to target attacking creature after it deals its damage)

Hand: 4
In Play:

(UUUUUUUU) Swamp x8
(U) Cabal coffers (2, Tap: Add B to your mana pool for each swamp you control.)

B

BigBlue

Untap, Upkeep, Draw

Tap for RRRRRR (Mountain, Crypt, Crypt)
Play Gauntlet of Might
Tap Badlands for RRR
Play Sword of Light & Shadow
Equip Sword on Avatar of Fury
Attack DF w/ Avatar of Fury
Attack MM w/ Stalking Vengeance
Responses to any of this?

Hand: 0
Library: 36
In Play:

(U) Sword of Light and Shadow (Equip: 2; Equipped creature gains +2/+2; Protection from Black; Protection from White and when it deals combat dmg to a player, I gain 3 life and may return a creature from my GY to my Hand) ~wielded by Captain Furious

(U) Tainted Peak (T:1; T: R or B - only if I control a Swamp)
(T) Mountain
(TU) Badlands (T: R or B; Mountain Swamp)

(T) Stalking Vengeance (8/8; Protection from Black; Protection from White; Haste; Whenever another creature I control is put into a GY from play, it deals dmg to target player equal to it's power) ~ +2/+2 from Gauntlets ~Carrying a big Stick
(T) Avatar of Fury (9/9; Protection from Black; Protection from White; Flying; R:+1/+0 until eot; Reduced Cost) ~+2/+2 from Gauntlets ~ Carrying a Ying Yang Sword

RFG:

In Play:

(U,U,U,U,U,U) Plains x 6

Hand: 4
In Play:

(UUUUUUUU) Swamp x8

D

DarthFerret

My response is to use the card i drew last turn .... and cast Eye for an Eye! (sorry about that)

B

BigBlue

Let's see if Mooseman has any responses. I could potentially be back at 1 life again (gain 6 to 10 and lose 9 to eye for an eye) And I was not planning on pumping because I'd already calculated a potential Eye... :) and I hope you don't draw your last one... Reverse Damage won't bother me... Eye for an Eye just blows...

D

DarthFerret

I have another response when priority passes back to me.... (before damage)

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Question on EFE. Does the damage have to be dealt first before it can be cast? Or is it like prevention? Seems like the source has to deal the damage before it's a legal choice.... but I don't play with the old cards enough...

Oracle text: Eye for an Eye deals X damage to the controller of the source of your choice that dealt damage to you this turn, where X is the damage dealt to you by that source this turn.

D

DarthFerret

Interesting question, I am not sure on the answer...let me research it...

D

DarthFerret

Here are the rulings I found:

10/4/2004 Can't be used on spells and abilities that cause loss of life. It can only be used on damage.
10/4/2004 If the damage is prevented, it was never dealt and this spell won't let you choose a source that didn't damage you.
10/4/2004 This spell is played after damage is dealt to you, so if you lost due to the original damage, you can't use this spell to get in a final shot at your opponent.

So I guess damage cannot be prevented......

B

BigBlue

(DF, if you really have another effect to play, I'll back up)

No Blocks or responses.
DF plays Eye for an Eye after dmg is dealt. I gain 6, take 9 which puts me at 1. Retrieve Avatar of Woe and Avatar of Fury.

Play Avatar of Fury and Avatar of Woe
Done.

BigBlue: 1
In Play:

(U) Sword of Light and Shadow (Equip: 2; Equipped creature gains +2/+2; Protection from Black; Protection from White and when it deals combat dmg to a player, I gain 3 life and may return a creature from my GY to my Hand) ~wielded by Captain Furious

(T) Mountain

(T) Stalking Vengeance (8/8; Protection from Black; Protection from White; Haste; Whenever another creature I control is put into a GY from play, it deals dmg to target player equal to it's power) ~ +2/+2 from Gauntlets ~Carrying a big Stick
(T) Avatar of Fury (9/9; Protection from Black; Protection from White; Flying; R:+1/+0 until eot; Reduced Cost) ~+2/+2 from Gauntlets ~ Carrying a Ying Yang Sword
(S) Avatar of Fury (7/7; Flying; reduced cost) ~+2/+2 from Gauntlets
(S) Avatar of Woe (6/5; Fear; T: Destroy Target Creature; Reduced cost)

Graveyard: Terminate, Scion of Darkness, Sneak Attack, Sword of Light and Shadow, Avatar of Woe, Scion of Darkness, Stalking Vengeance, Sneak Attack, Inferno, Demigod of Revenge, Avatar of Woe
RFG:

DarthFerret: 7
In Play:

(T,T,U,U,U,U) Plains x 6

Graveyard: Swords to Plowshares, Gravel Slinger, Wrath of God, D'Vaenant Archer, Elite Archers, Ballista Squad, Eye for an Eye, Eye for an Eye, Wrath of God, Heavy Ballista, Reverse Damage, Eye for an Eye

D

DarthFerret

UUD, plains, done.

BigBlue: 1
In Play:

(T) Mountain

(S) Avatar of Fury (7/7; Flying; reduced cost) ~+2/+2 from Gauntlets
(S) Avatar of Woe (6/5; Fear; T: Destroy Target Creature; Reduced cost)

Graveyard: Terminate, Scion of Darkness, Sneak Attack, Sword of Light and Shadow, Avatar of Woe, Scion of Darkness, Stalking Vengeance, Sneak Attack, Inferno, Demigod of Revenge, Avatar of Woe
RFG:

DarthFerret: 7
In Play:

(U,U,U,U,U,U,U) Plains x 7

Graveyard: Swords to Plowshares, Gravel Slinger, Wrath of God, D'Vaenant Archer, Elite Archers, Ballista Squad, Eye for an Eye, Eye for an Eye, Wrath of God, Heavy Ballista, Reverse Damage, Eye for an Eye