Tribal Game #10

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
A free for all game, but based on tribal decks. There's a Sticky called Tribal Administration that has the tribes already played, cards banned, and I think a link to the basic rules, which is basically one-third of your deck has to be the creatures of whatever tribe you pick.

M

Modus Pwnens

Oh, sure. I should be able to whip something up. Any other restrictions?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Hey, you can do this and not Mindmaster? :)

I think there's a gentleman's rule about no combo-ing; death by creatures. But the last two games took so long that I've kinda forgotten - maybe someone else can verify that or not.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I do believe it is no "infinite loop" combos.... basically, no "I got my pieces and the game is now over" stuff..... but, creative tormenting is encouraged......

B

BigBlue

Imho... non-tribe cards should be highlander...

I'm game though...

M

Modus Pwnens

All right, I have a great idea already, and since I'm sure none of you will pick this, do I have to tell you what I'm playing straight away? And ok spidey, I'll try to finish the game of MM with you as well ;)

Everything non-tribal must really be highlander? I'm sure I can manage, but I would prefer not to have that restriction :)

B

BigBlue

I said imho.... because that's the way I used to play it... the spirit of tribal is it's all about the tribe... not the other spells...

I know what tribe I'm playing... I just have to build the deck...

and we won't bother with highlander...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You don't have to tell the tribe you're playing before we start...

We did a highlander tribal MP game, but I can't remember if the non-tribal cards were highlander or the entire deck...

M

Modus Pwnens

I'll start building, but I miss cards like moxen on the banned list, are we using the Legacy banned list?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Honestly, despite the Tribal Admin thread saying
All sets in Magic Online, including promo cards, are legal
, I don't think we've adhered to that, have we guys? Do we play Vintage or Legacy or what?

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Spiderman said:
Honestly, despite the Tribal Admin thread saying , I don't think we've adhered to that, have we guys? Do we play Vintage or Legacy or what?
I couldn't tell you what set are on MTGO..... I have never been there.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I think we play Vintage with a gentleman's agreement of no more of 5 from the Restricted List? 2?

B

BigBlue

I've only played a couple of these tribal games here... but no one ever abused the vintage list...

To me, tribal is just that - all about the creatures... and spells which assist them. Restricted list cards really don't fit that bill - excepting for Sol Ring...

M

Modus Pwnens

Is Sol Ring really that much different from an on-colored Mox? Oh well, I'll keep myself limited to cards that I either own, or are less than $1 :)

B

BigBlue

no one has ever used moxen in these decks before... at least none I recall...