Train v. Spidey v. Wicked Chaos v. rkoelsch Magic: Round II

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Someone is going to have to make a decision on the Circle because it affects my turn since my lands will phase in. Personally, I think we ought to go with "mine" since it's the up-to-date one :)

And unfortunately, I have a meeting all afternoon so I won't be on until 3 PM EST...

W

WickedBoy6

I thought...I SWORE I had #18, but apparently, I dont. I just DLed it, and we will now go with the new version of the Circle of Life. My previous post has been updated to reflect this.

I guess this also means the Deja Vu cards have been shuffled within the library, as well.

W

WickedBoy6

Spidey rolled for his Chaos phase ChaosMagicRoll(76) -- Agonizing Memories -- Look at target player's hand and choose two cards from it. Put those cards on top of that player's library in any order.

I chose you, so PM Spidey your hand.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
EnchantWorldLand(#11) "Circle of Life" - Whenever a card would go to the graveyard from play, shuffle it into owner's library instead.

Okay, train is putting two cards on his library.

Untap, Upkeep, Draw, Wasteland, Wasteland train's Plateau (these go in our libraries, correct?), Done.

I forgot to roll at the end of train's turn for him, but I just rolled a 6...

Spiderman:
Life: 21
Hand: 7
In Play:
GY:
RFG: 3x Control Magic

WickedBoy6:
Life: 34
Hand: 7(1 is Proxy)
In Play: BoP(0/1, fly, T: Add 1 of any color)
GY:
RFG:

Rkoelsch:
Life: 15
Hand: 5
In Play: Fire Diamond(T),Sky Diamond(T), Pearl Medallion
GY:
RFG:

Train:
Life: 20
Hand: 4
In Play: Mox Emerald(T), Jet(T), Pearl, Prejudice Counter.
GY: Armageddon
RFG: "Proposal" Proxy, Dark Ritual, Necropotence, city of solitude, wheel of fortune.

T

train

I now have the mother of all proxies in my hand - thanks Spidey...

Spiderman:
In Play:
GY:

WickedBoy6:
Hand: 7(1 is Proxy)
In Play: BoP(0/1, fly, T: Add 1 of any color)
GY:
RFG:

Rkoelsch:
GY:
RFG:

Train:
RFG: Dark Ritual, Necropotence, city of solitude, wheel of fortune.

W

WickedBoy6

Yes, they do.

ChaosMagic Roll (#4): ''EnchantWorldLand'' -- Destroy all EnchantWorldLand rolls already in play. Roll in <EnchantWorldLand>.
Alright! No more Circle of Life!

EnchantWorldLand Roll (#15): ''City of Solitude'' -- Players can play spells and abilities only during their turn.
Ah, damn...

Untap, drawing, discarding forest to play Mox Diamond, tapping the Diamond to play Sol Ring. Done.

Spiderman:
In Play:
GY:

WickedBoy6:
Hand: 5(1 is Proxy)
In Play: Mox Diamond(T), Sol Ring, BoP(0/1, fly, T: Add 1 of any color)
GY:
RFG:

Rkoelsch:
GY:
RFG:

Train:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
rkoelsch's ChaosMagicRoll (#150): Roll three times in <WackyLand>

WackyLand Roll #1 - #17 "Expansion in a Bottle" - Destroy all non-land cards from target expansion.

WackyLand Roll #2 - (#31) "Chaos Ward" - Target creature gains Protection from Chaos. (I guess that's the BoP)

WackyLand Roll #3 - (#37) "It's a New Ruling" - Add up all numbers on target card and redistribute them however you wish.

Go crazy!

W

WickedBoy6

Since the resolution would be in the order of the rolls, would the BoPs be immune to "It's a New Ruling" thanks to the "Chaos Ward"?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I would say it would be immune, but "It's a New Ruling" is confusing about whether it refers to stuff other than p/t.

W

WickedBoy6

Once I rolled it, and in any instance when a number showed up, we added it to the total, and just re-distributed it how we saw fit (0 was a number, so I killed a creature by making it's pow/tough 6/0)

W

WickedBoy6

Here's the official ruling from E-League's Official Chaos Magic site:
4 - It's a New Ruling - Add up all numbers on target card and redistribute them however you wish.

** This refers to all numbers on a card, including text box, flavor text, casting cost, name, power, toughness. [Grim 1-25-99]
** This only refers to NUMBERS, not numeric words such as one. [TomVeil 2-21-99]

R

rkoelsch

name expansion arabian nights
name the BOP for ward
change casting cost 1 and mana produced 2 on the sol ring

Untap Draw done

Spiderman:
In Play:
GY:

WickedBoy6:
In Play: Mox Diamond(T), Sol Ring, BoP(0/1, fly, T: Add 1 of any color)(Chaos Ward)
GY:
RFG:

Rkoelsch:
Hand: 6
In Play: Fire Diamond,Sky Diamond, Pearl Medallion
GY:
RFG:

Train:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
The City of Solitude EnchantWorldLand replaced Circle of Life, correct? I guess that makes train's deck a bit easier :)

Did anything happen when Arabian Nights was named?

What expansion should we assume cards are from if they were reprinted? The earliest? (Like the Fire Diamond would be from Mirage)?

And is the Sol Ring now producing 1 colorless?

W

WickedBoy6

Yes, it was said before the roll that all other EWLs were destroyed. I don't have any interrupts, either, so it should make my life a lot easier, as well.

I think expansion-types would actually be from the latest, but if we all vote on it, we could say earliest.

Rkoelsch said "change casting cost 1 and mana produced 2 on the sol ring". That's how it already was before the change. If he were real generous, he would've said CC 0 & produces 3 colorless mana, but he didn't say CC 3 & produces 0, so I'm not complaining.

T

train

Untap, draw - wow... thanks spidey!...

Play Savannah - done...

Spiderman:
In Play:
GY:

WickedBoy6:
In Play: Mox Diamond(T), Sol Ring, BoP(0/1, fly, T: Add 1 of any color)(Chaos Ward)
GY:
RFG:

Rkoelsch:
Hand: 6
In Play: Fire Diamond,Sky Diamond, Pearl Medallion
GY:
RFG:

Train:
In Play: Savannah, Mox Emerald, Jet, Pearl, Prejudice Counter.