TopDeck - Turgy22 vs. BigBlue: Round 2

B

BigBlue

Nice.

On to game 2. I'll still play - even though it doesn't seem to help... My best plays come when I'm challenged to think - I should be ahead in games and instead I put myself behind the 8 ball... Playing birds first then screwing up disrupt didn't help... I somehow confused disrupt with force spike...

turgy22

Nothing Special
So by playing you mean you'll draw first? I'm going to reset the board awhile, but I'll wait to hear from you before making my play.

Turgy22
Life: 20
Hand: 1
In Play

Graveyard:
RFG: Death Spark; Engulfing Flames; Urborg Volcano; Wasteland; Swords to Plowshares; Hearth Charm; Phyrexian Furnace; Street Wraith; Rain of Embers; Sacred Foundry; Watery Grave; Isamaru, Hound of Konda; Wilt-Leaf Liege

BigBlue
In Play

Graveyard:
RFG: Spiritmonger, Bird of Paradise; Wasteland; Tropical Island; Disrupt; Reanimation; Mtenda Lion; Brass Man; Cremate; Nimble Mongoose; Ravenous Rats; Bayou; Hallowed Fountain

B

BigBlue

Alphabetizing the RFG... And yes, I'll draw. Thanks.

Turgy22
In Play

Graveyard:
RFG: Death Spark; Engulfing Flames; Hearth Charm; Isamaru, Hound of Konda; Phyrexian Furnace; Rain of Embers; Sacred Foundry; Street Wraith; Swords to Plowshares; Urborg Volcano; Wasteland; Watery Grave; Wilt-Leaf Liege

BigBlue
In Play

Graveyard:
RFG: Bayou; Bird of Paradise; Brass Man; Cremate; Disrupt; Hallowed Fountain; Mtenda Lion; Nimble Mongoose; Ravenous Rats; Reanimation; Spiritmonger; Tropical Island; Wasteland

turgy22

Nothing Special
Salt Marsh.
Done.

Turgy22
Hand: 0
In Play

(T) Salt Marsh (T: Add U or B; CIP tapped)

Graveyard:
RFG: Death Spark; Engulfing Flames; Hearth Charm; Isamaru, Hound of Konda; Phyrexian Furnace; Rain of Embers; Sacred Foundry; Street Wraith; Swords to Plowshares; Urborg Volcano; Wasteland; Watery Grave; Wilt-Leaf Liege

BigBlue
In Play

Graveyard:
RFG: Bayou; Bird of Paradise; Brass Man; Cremate; Disrupt; Hallowed Fountain; Mtenda Lion; Nimble Mongoose; Ravenous Rats; Reanimation; Spiritmonger; Tropical Island; Wasteland

B

BigBlue

Play Badlands, Play Raging Goblin, Attack for 1, Done.

Turgy22
Life: 19
In Play

Graveyard:

BigBlue
In Play

(T) Badlands (T: R or B)

(T) Raging Gobllin (1/1; Haste)

Graveyard:

turgy22

Nothing Special
Untap. Draw.
Done.

Turgy22
Life: 19
In Play

(U) Salt Marsh (T: Add U or B; CIP tapped)

Graveyard:

BigBlue
In Play

(T) Badlands (T: R or B)

Graveyard:

B

BigBlue

Untap, Draw, Salt Marsh, Swing w/ Goblin, Done.

Turgy22
Life: 19 18?
In Play

Graveyard:

BigBlue
In Play

(U) Badlands (T: R or B)
(T) Salt Marsh (T: U or B; cip Tapped)

Graveyard:

turgy22

Nothing Special
End of turn, play Mental Note, putting Nether Spirit into my graveyard and drawing a card.
Untap. Upkeep: Put the spirit in play. Draw.
Play Bayou. Cast Sinkhole, targetting your Badlands.
Done.

Turgy22
Life: 18
In Play

(T) Bayou (T: Add G or B)

(S) Nether Spirit (2/2; At the beginning of my upkeep, if this is the only creature in my graveyard, I may put it into play.)

Graveyard: Mental Note; Sinkhole

BigBlue
In Play

Graveyard: Badlands

B

BigBlue

Sigh.

Untap, Draw, Play Overgrown Tomb, done.

Turgy22
In Play

(S) Nether Spirit (2/2; At the beginning of my upkeep, if this is the only creature in my graveyard, I may put it into play.)

BigBlue
In Play

(U) Salt Marsh (T: U or B; cip Tapped)
(T) Overgrown Tomb (T: G or B; cip Tapped unless I pay 2 life)

(U) Raging Gobllin (1/1; Haste)

turgy22

Nothing Special
Untap, Draw.
Attack with my Nether Spirit.
Blocks?

Turgy22
In Play

(U) Bayou (T: Add G or B)

(T, A) Nether Spirit (2/2; At the beginning of my upkeep, if this is the only creature in my graveyard, I may put it into play.)

BigBlue
In Play

turgy22

Nothing Special
Take two damage then.
I'm done.

Turgy22
In Play

(T) Nether Spirit (2/2; At the beginning of my upkeep, if this is the only creature in my graveyard, I may put it into play.)

BigBlue
In Play

B

BigBlue

Untap, Draw, Play Peek to look at your hand.

Turgy22
In Play

(T) Nether Spirit (2/2; At the beginning of my upkeep, if this is the only creature in my graveyard, I may put it into play.)

BigBlue
In Play

(U) Overgrown Tomb (T: G or B; cip Tapped unless I pay 2 life)

B

BigBlue

How "predictable" is that!

I was about to do a similar trick! Of course, that won't stop me from doing it...

I just think it's funny that we both figured out a little card engine.

B

BigBlue

Draw, Attack w/ Goblin for 1, Done.

Turgy22
Life: 17
In Play

BigBlue
In Play

Graveyard: Badlands, Peek

B

BigBlue

Nope. Name a card (not that it matters since you can only draw 1 card anyways.)

turgy22

Nothing Special
I'll name Mudhole. I put Darkblast into my graveyard.
Nuts! I was wrong. I'll only draw 1 card.

Untap. Draw.
Play Plateau.
Cast Stone Rain, targetting your Overgrown Tomb.
Response?

Turgy22
Life: 17
In Play

(T) Plateau (T: Add W or R)

(U) Nether Spirit (2/2; At the beginning of my upkeep, if this is the only creature in my graveyard, I may put it into play.)

Graveyard: Mental Note; Sinkhole; Darkblast

BigBlue
In Play

Graveyard: Badlands, Peek

B

BigBlue

I do want to add one rule - not for this match... But we state that if you reveal a card that has to be the one you draw... I'd like to add that if you have a way to shuffle your library - then you don't have to draw the revealed card... Of course, it will still be removed at the end of the game since it was revealed...

And, since it doesn't matter the card you name, I'll reveal Shambling Shell (Dredge:3) which goes to my gy.